Custom Fiero Frame for Sale by 355Fiero
Started on: 01-14-2008 01:45 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: HTXtremes on 04-30-2009 11:59 PM
355Fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroDirect Link to This Post
All Fiero enthusiasts;

As I go through the final pieces of my Ferrari 355 build, my personal committments and speed of building I am able to get into, I am revisiting using the frame I bought last year from GusHotRod as the basis of my 288 GTO project. If someone is interested in taking this frame off my hands, I would go with another stretched Fiero as a base for my next project rather than the rest of this build since the Fiero has everything else already done aside from the stretch.

My loss may well be someone else's gain as this frame is a wonderful work of art and would make an excellent platform for someone with more time on their hands than me to complete it. It is set up to take a small block chev V8 adapted to a G50 Porsche trans mounted longitudinally. Height is just over 40" and wheelbase is 98.5". Track is the same as the Fiero's 57" and 58". It uses a Fiero cockpit windshield, doors frame welded to the custom frame. I have linked the original thread from Doug as he built the frame out.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/048610.html

I will put together a complete list of ALL the additional parts that come with the frame as there is a ton of stuff and get it posted here soon after digging it up out of my records and looking through the various boxes out in my garage.

High level you get:

Frame as per pics in the thread
Full C5 hubs, custom coil over suspension all around
Corvette rims with new rubber
Posche G50 trans (needs fixing not sure what is wrong with it)
Adaptor palte and flywheel for small block Chev V8 to G50 trans
Aluminum rad, I think dual core
pedal set (gas, brakes - dual master, clutch)
remote oil pump ( I think I have this. I have to confirm this one)
Aluminum racing seats
steering shaft and removable wheel
Power steering adaptor for steering shaft
A bunch of plates and holders for various tanks etc.
Custom built fuel tank that sits in the centre tunnel like Fiero
Heater box for cockpit.
Fiero doors
It is still registered as Fiero in Oregon and still has the VIN plate on the front window area. This is all I can remember for now. More there but can't remember what it all is.

I bought the frame in Oregon in 2006 and went down to pick it up and trailer it back to my place. Been in dry storage since.

I live in Calgary, Alberta Canada for those in other countries thinking about costs for shipping. I have lots more pics of the actual build as well as of the frame as it stands today in storage. I can send those to whomever is interested in purchasing as the zip file is very large. Just email me at:

don_ostergard@shaw.ca

I am willing to trailer the frame up as it is a roller take it across the border into Montana and get it to a shipping company so the buyer does not need to deal with getting it across the border. This is not an expensive nor a technical problem with this frame but I can deal with it for the buyer to help with the sale.

I am looking at $4000.00 CAD for all and buyer responsible for shipping after I get it across the US border.

Thanks
Don
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroDirect Link to This Post
Price reduction to try to help with shipping costs for folks.

$3500.00 with Porsche G50 trans and SBC V8 Adaptor or $3000.00 without. Trans needs repairing and adaptor is pretty specific to trans and custom applications.

Thanks
Don
Kuta

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KutaClick Here to visit Kuta's HomePageSend a Private Message to KutaDirect Link to This Post
Just read through the entire fabrication thread . . . SOMEONE BUY THIS FRAME !!!
opm2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2008 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Direct Link to This Post
pm sent

David Breeze

------------------

Pantera Rebody Kits

HTXtremes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2009 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesDirect Link to This Post
Been talking to Don and as soon as I can I'm meeting him in WY to pick up this work of art! As soon as my tax return comes in I'm there!

I'm looking forward to getting this chassis home to start putting my personal touches on it. I have some ideas to make it look even better then it does.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock