Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  WTB damaged (cheap) GT tail lights for project.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

WTB damaged (cheap) GT tail lights for project. by fierocarparts
Started on: 03-26-2009 09:39 AM
Replies: 21
Last post by: fierocarparts on 04-04-2009 08:35 PM
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2009 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
I'm wanting to buy a set of 86-88 GT tail lights to do some molding from. Delaminated (sp?) spots are ok. Cracks across the "clear" section is okay. Just the outer covers (lens covers) are also fine. Willing to trade some parts or buy outright. Some of the body mod kits out there are great but I'm wanting to bring some products for Fieros into the new century. Any all help is greatly appreciated.

------------------
Why fight to be accepted by people you don't actually want to be like?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MetroMatt

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2009 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MetroMattClick Here to visit MetroMatt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MetroMattDirect Link to This Post
how much are you looking to pay shipped? i've got what you're looking for from a 87 GT, i bought a panel from al lindsey, i wont be needing these.

matthew
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2009 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

I'm wanting to buy a set of 86-88 GT tail lights to do some molding from. Delaminated (sp?) spots are ok. Cracks across the "clear" section is okay. Just the outer covers (lens covers) are also fine. Willing to trade some parts or buy outright. Some of the body mod kits out there are great but I'm wanting to bring some products for Fieros into the new century. Any all help is greatly appreciated.

Depending what "what" you're going to make, I might send you a set that might fit your bill for just shipping so long as I might get a deeply discounted "new style" panel when you get there?

-Gary
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2009 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your quick response. I don't have a set price in mind. I've been seeing the price of them drop for the DD condition. My zip is 76112 but I don't have any idea what they weigh. What all is wrong with them. I used a pair that the outer part was cracked across the face but now I need another set to try another design but I don't want to remove the ones I have on the car. I have all the inside parts to work with, just not the clear/smoked part on the very outside. Without knowing how "bad" they are, it is hard to make an offer. I will try to find out the weight of them and we can go from there.
Thanks.

------------------

MetroMatt

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2009 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MetroMattClick Here to visit MetroMatt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MetroMattDirect Link to This Post
I'll snap some pictures for you and have them posted in a few hours.
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2009 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
FieroFanatic13,
You have a PM. Thanks for the quick response.

------------------

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
ttt
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

FieroFanatic13,
You have a PM. Thanks for the quick response.

I went through my "parts shed" and parts car last night and for the life of me I can't find the set of beater GT tails I should still have. It's possible my cousin used them on his GT, as we "share" Fiero parts- but I'll have to ask him to know. But so far, no dice!

[This message has been edited by FieroFanatic13 (edited 03-27-2009).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
damn dude i wish i could help ya i have a set but i use them for PA inspection purposes once i get my reverse lights hooked in ill sell them to you.
ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post
How soon do you need them? I might have a set here and I will be making a trip that way (Dallas on I-30) on the 24th of April headed down to San Antonio. Let me Know.

Shelby
FIER086

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIER086Send a Private Message to FIER086Direct Link to This Post
pm sent
PFF
System Bot
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
AR-
Not in HUGE rush but if I don't have a pair I can use before the SA meet, I will pick them up from you there. Idea of price? because this is just an experiment, I don't want to sink alot of money into it. I'm wanting to make a clear insert and bond it to the existing outer lens so I can install white/red LEDs into the housing and have it look like the VW Passat/EOS or Lexus style. May also try smoke for black out effect. I've customized the tail lights for the Fino I am working on and the LEDs just make it stand out and brings it out of the 80s. Also working on installing projectors instead of "ugly" 6054 lamps up front.

------------------

Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post
LOL I just figured out who this is. I noticed the Fort Worth and saw the 76112 post but it didn't hit me til I saw the Fino reference. Then Duh! I noticed your ID.
Glad to see you found the forum.
fyrebird68

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrebird68Send a Private Message to fyrebird68Direct Link to This Post
I have a right side tail light lens with a hole in it (bullet hole size!) You can have it for shipping costs.
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
I will be happy to pay shipping. I will send you a PM. Thanks! 1 side down one to go!

------------------

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post

fierocarparts

2552 posts
Member since Feb 2009
Terry,
Yea I'm going begging for hand-outs from the Fiero crowd. I think my GT was in the paint shop when you came by. Gunna have to bail on Spring fling tomorrow.
Sorry.
Steve

------------------

valiantfiero_01

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for valiantfiero_01Send a Private Message to valiantfiero_01Direct Link to This Post
so what side do you need i have an extra but its only the driver side you are welcome to have it its got one small crack but other than that its ok. im curious as to what you are making! i want new tail lights!
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
I'm tired of the Vette look-a-likes. I wanted something for THIS century. I bought a GT with cracked lens, couldn't pass inspection with them the way they were. DIDN'T want to buy replacements when I really didn't want factory GT lights anyway. I LOVE the way that Lexus and VW Passat LED lights look. I put LEDs in my lights and covered with a translucent plastic just to get it inspected. NOW I'm wanting to develop what I REALLY wanted and that is a clear lens with LEDs distributed in the factory housing. Once I get that idea "right", I may consider smoked plastic for a black out look. I am wanting to keep the factory attachments and housings (for ease to install) But offer the outer lens and "instructions (or kit)" to install LEDs into Fiero housings. Also will be offering LEDs to replace the "burn-out" of the PONTIAC bulbs. I am removing ALL badges from my car so I don't have the PONTIAC showing through but I can leave it for those that do.
Thanks for any/all help.

------------------

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2009 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
ttt

------------------

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2009 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post

fierocarparts

2552 posts
Member since Feb 2009
ttt Alms for the poor. I may have rounded up both sides. Need to finalize.
Thanks!

------------------

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2009 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post

This is the first draft.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2009 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to Fyrebird68 and valiantfiero_01, looks like I have a cheap pair. I will keep you posted on progress. In technical section there seems to e a guy doing something similar but he is making panels for the LEDs. I plan to mount the LEDs into the housing itself and replace with a clear cover.
Thank you all for your assistance.

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock