Started on: 03-19-2009 02:23 PM
Replies: 19
Last post by: 3057 on 03-27-2009 09:10 PM
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
I have it listed on Craigslist: http://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/1071133743.html but thought I would offer it to PFF members for $1,400.00.

The car has the 2.8L V6, 5 speed Getrag, factory blue, factory wing delete, factory hardtop with aftermarket sunroof, power windows, power door locks, power mirrors, no frame rust, ~79k miles, upgraded rubber suspension to poly (https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/094633.html), new front rotors, KYB struts and shocks, paint looks pretty good for the age - flat surfaces need cleaned or repainted. The car has the matching VIN stickers on the rear bumper, rear clip and front fender. Car is a PA rebuilt title.

I bought the car to restore it since its the factory blue. I drove the car up the street when I got it but the front brakes were locked up (if you look at the poly thread there were some comments about the rust on the brakes). Motor and transmission seemed to push fine against the drag. I replaced the front rotors with new ones and took the front calipers with hoses off my 86 GT parts car. Both of the back brakes and the passenger front brake work, but the driver side front caliper doesn't want to bite down. I have replaced the master cylinder, portioning valve and line down to the driver side brake hose with ones from the 86 GT parts car and it still doesn't want to grab. I bought a brake line vacuum kit from Harbor Freight Tools and pulled enough fluid through the lines that it comes out clear at the back brakes. The only thing that I can think of is that one of the hard lines has a small hole letting air in. This is the only thing stopping me from getting the car on the road. You will need to tow it. If you are in the Dayton, OH area I might be able to get Madess to help with towing.

Just tired of playing with this problem and want to move on to installing a 4.9 PFI in the 88 GT I just bought.

-Brian
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
02greens10

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 02greens10Send a Private Message to 02greens10Direct Link to This Post
damn this is tempting.
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post
Ahhh! Where were you before I just dropped coin on a new Dell XFR!?!

Bump for a sharp car for the $
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. My wife and I had a baby in December. I have been working on this car off and on since the summer, mostly off because I had the "honey do" list before the baby got here (sadly this is partially why MstangsBware got to buy my 3800sc setup). Now my wife is still giving me the garage time to do one Fiero project and I'm going to pick the V8 swap.

Madess has been helping me through the pain of the brake issues, so he has seen the car in person.

-Brian
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
I've seen the car, total piece of crap, Brian is scammer, BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, just kidding. Paint on the car is pretty nice, standard GM clearcoat stuff, I think with a professional buffing you could make it fine for a DD car. I think its a nice car, if I didn't have 3 partially running fiero's I'd pick it up myself. Bump for a good guy and good car.
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mr.PBody:
I've seen the car, total piece of crap, Brian is scammer, BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!
[QUOTE]

You dork. Have a safe trip to Cali!

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 03-22-2009).]

MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2009 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I will just throw some more pictures up here... I'll try to take more pictures this afternoon...

railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2009 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotDirect Link to This Post
Bump for "THE" car I have been looking for since 1987 and never can find when I have the $$$.
I tried to find a new one in this color with a 5spd back in '87, and they were all gone!!! Only had 1 automatic available within 800 miles of me.

If I can sell my '95 3000GT SL, I will contact you. Up for sale on Craigslist now for a month......
Story of my life I guess. Could be a sweet ride for someone.
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2009 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
I'll assume that this is your car: http://milwaukee.craigslist.../cto/1085350095.html
Looks pretty nice to me. Too bad I'm in the market of clearing cars right now... Good luck on your sale too.

-Brian
anonymity

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2009 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anonymityClick Here to visit anonymity's HomePageSend a Private Message to anonymityDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to the seller for allowing to post that I can haul this car to the buyer, if it makes the sale easier.

I have references from a few members for whom I have hauled... long distance is not a problem...

If interested feel free to send a pm...

Joey (bmwguru's wife)
SkinsFan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2009 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkinsFanSend a Private Message to SkinsFanDirect Link to This Post
Damn I wish this wasnt 500 miles away. I'd be all over this.

edit saw above post

How much from Ohio to Baltimore?

[This message has been edited by SkinsFan (edited 03-22-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2009 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Very cool car and the price is reasonable. I wish I were in the market. I have one just like it except with the wing for my daily driver. I love that car. Anyway.... just curious..... The engine looks like an '86. Am I missing something?
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2009 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
That's the motor that was in the car when I got it. It looks like the motor in my 87 GT.
Edit to correct the link.

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 03-22-2009).]

MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2009 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm. Perhaps I should part this out.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/046334.html

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 03-25-2009).]

Foxy Fiero13

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2009 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post
you wouldnt wanna trd would you =P i <3 the factory blue and i would hate to see it parted out
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2009 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
What do you have?
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
02greens10 is supposed to pick the car up tonight. If it doesn't work out I will move on with the parting.
-Brian
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post

MulletproofMonk

3079 posts
Member since Oct 2005
Car is sold! It has been rescued by 02greens10. Great guy, hope he posts pictures of getting it fixed and restored.
MooCow

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MooCowSend a Private Message to MooCowDirect Link to This Post
Congrats and glad that its going to get saved.

Ken~

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3057Click Here to visit 3057's HomePageSend a Private Message to 3057Direct Link to This Post
Woohoo! Glad to see it sold in one piece!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock