Free '88 2.5 for parts and TH-125 by AlongForTheRide
Started on: 03-10-2009 11:45 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: BrewCheese on 03-31-2009 08:33 PM
AlongForTheRide

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlongForTheRideSend a Private Message to AlongForTheRideDirect Link to This Post
I've seen this same type of post listed unsuccessfully before, but I'll give it a try. I have an '88 80k mile 2.5 and TH-125 in Charlotte, NC that I need to get rid of. The engine had a knock, so it is only good for parts. The transmission is fine. Basically, if you come and get it, it's yours for free. If it is a light enough part, I will ship it to you for $10 plus shipping. I just hate to scrap something if another Fiero enthusiast can use it. Throttle body, anyone?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post03-11-2009 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 04-14-2009).]

Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AlongForTheRide:

I've seen this same type of post listed unsuccessfully before, but I'll give it a try. I have an '88 80k mile 2.5 and TH-125 in Charlotte, NC that I need to get rid of. The engine had a knock, so it is only good for parts. The transmission is fine. Basically, if you come and get it, it's yours for free. If it is a light enough part, I will ship it to you for $10 plus shipping. I just hate to scrap something if another Fiero enthusiast can use it. Throttle body, anyone?

I would very much like to come pick up the entire engine and transmission assembly.
Is the motor and transmission still assembled as one unit?
Do you have a hoist or the capability to help me load it into a pickup truck?
What is the earliest I could come get it?
Will you email me your phone number and tell me a good time to call you?
Thank You
Bill

AlongForTheRide

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlongForTheRideSend a Private Message to AlongForTheRideDirect Link to This Post
JazzMan: I have a feeling the force balancer assembly may be what was knocking before the engine was removed. The ignition module/crank sensor assembly has found a good home.

Hop: The engine and transmission are still assembled as one unit, but I have loosened the bolts in preparation for separating them. I figured it would be easier to move the two components individually and, as I mentioned, the engine is only good for parts or rebuilding anyway. I have what my friend and I affectionately call the "widow maker" for lifting engines, but I would strongly recommend that you bring a hoist to speed the process. I would be happy to help you load it. Everything is ready to go right now.
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2009 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopDirect Link to This Post
Mark, received your email, Thank You. By the time I read it and would have complied with the time period you ask me to call I had already depart Ft. Bragg and was back in Jacksonville. Thanks again for the offer but I probably will not be back up there until May or June.
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2009 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
I'll take the dog bone bracket from the engine if its still available...$15 shipped sound fair to you? Send me a PM and I'll paypal the funds and give you my address.

-Brian
bamman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bammanSend a Private Message to bammanDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested in the '88 cradle (rear). Nova Scotia, Canada, B0N 2A0.
AlongForTheRide

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2009 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlongForTheRideSend a Private Message to AlongForTheRideDirect Link to This Post
Xerces_Blackthorne: The replacement engine does not have a dog bone bracket, so I need to hold on to that.

bamman: This is the engine and transmission only. It's easy to sell an '88 cradle.

T minus 13 days until scrap!
AlongForTheRide

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlongForTheRideSend a Private Message to AlongForTheRideDirect Link to This Post
T minus 9 days until scrap!
Nohbdy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2009 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NohbdySend a Private Message to NohbdyDirect Link to This Post
check your PMs
AlongForTheRide

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2009 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlongForTheRideSend a Private Message to AlongForTheRideDirect Link to This Post
This is just the engine, transmission, and related parts. I have had some inquiries for other Fiero components...
PFF
System Bot
volt110

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2009 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for volt110Send a Private Message to volt110Direct Link to This Post
PM sent. Bump, wish I was closer.
Ed
volt110

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for volt110Send a Private Message to volt110Direct Link to This Post
Gave you a A++++ rating. Thanks again,
Ed
BrewCheese

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrewCheeseSend a Private Message to BrewCheeseDirect Link to This Post
Do you still have the transmission? If you do I could use the inner wiring with connector and pressure switch from inside the side cover. Let me know how much.

Thanks,
Jason

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock