FS/Gauging Interest: FOCOA HEADERS, no x-over by GOT2B GM
Started on: 03-09-2009 10:19 AM
Replies: 21
Last post by: GOT2B GM on 03-16-2009 05:24 PM
GOT2B GM

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GOT2B GMSend a Private Message to GOT2B GMDirect Link to This Post
A few months back I stumbled upon a set of FOCOA headers, and bought them off of a guy that didn't know what he had.

I have sandblasted them, and have painted them with a 1500*F ceramic high heat paint that gets baked on after application.

The x-over is not available, as it was in too poor of shape to restore (car was sitting for a long time , x-over was badly rusted)

I'm told the x-over never fit that well anyways. The x-over flanges are available, and will be included to allow a new x-over to be built.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Could use some money right now, so I'm just putting this out there to see if anyones serious about a set. If not I'll keep them for my 88.

ASKING $300 USD SHIPPED

I am shipping from Canada ($), so please keep that in mind.

Thanks.

Matt
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero_Freak

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
Great buy for someone. Too bad I don't need them.

------------------
Dana Mitchell
Member of the Gateway Fiero Club
88 GT Red w/ 5-Speed,87 GT Blue w/ 5-Speed, 87 GT Maroon w/ Silver w/ Auto
95 Roadmaster Estate Wagon w/ Air Ride 2-Tone w/ Ghost Flames 07 2500HD Silverado Crew Cab 6.6L Duramax/Allison, 07 Saturn Outlook (wife's ride), 91 CBR1000F Can anyone help pay my insurance?

FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Freak:

Great buy for someone. Too bad I don't need them.

Me too. Too bad I'm doing the Miller-Woods turbo. Best I can use are the Fiero Store Sprints. Luck to you selling! You might consider e-bay though if nobody here bites- I bet you'd get a good price!

-Gary
GOT2B GM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GOT2B GMSend a Private Message to GOT2B GMDirect Link to This Post
bumpetty
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFanatic13:

Me too. Too bad I'm doing the Miller-Woods turbo. Best I can use are the Fiero Store Sprints. Luck to you selling! You might consider e-bay though if nobody here bites- I bet you'd get a good price!

-Gary

Why can't you use these headers to do a turbo setup?
GOT2B GM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GOT2B GMSend a Private Message to GOT2B GMDirect Link to This Post
ttt
thack861

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2009 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thack861Send a Private Message to thack861Direct Link to This Post
will these fit the firebird 3.4 v6?
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2009 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownDirect Link to This Post
What size are the ports on those?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2009 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thack861:

will these fit the firebird 3.4 v6?

If the 3.4L P/R engine is in a Fiero these headers will fit but a custom crossover pipe will need to be fabricated. Way back FOCOA had a quality design.. They didn't make them but the local shop that did came up with a very good fitting and efficient design.
------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE WILDCAT"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 03-15-2009).]

jamerican

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2009 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jamericanSend a Private Message to jamericanDirect Link to This Post
I have used these same brand Headers on a 87 fiero with a 3.4 camaro engine and a 440t4 auto Trans with the FOCOA y pipe ,They fit perfect.
GOT2B GM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2009 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GOT2B GMSend a Private Message to GOT2B GMDirect Link to This Post
Appears they fit the Firebird 3.4. Thanks above for that info.

I will measure and post the size of the ports later today.
PFF
System Bot
GOT2B GM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2009 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GOT2B GMSend a Private Message to GOT2B GMDirect Link to This Post

GOT2B GM

290 posts
Member since Aug 2008
Also included with the headers is the remainder of the x-over. X-over was badly rusted due to moisture trapped by header wrap.

The good reuseable stuff (flanges, collector, O2 bung, EGR adapter)

The piece that needs to be remade (section of bent pipe between the collector and the rear bank)

FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2009 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oslo:

Why can't you use these headers to do a turbo setup?

I'd have to have a crossover that matches up to the headers- the Miller Woods kit I have already has the turbo crossover and is intended to work with stock manifolds- though I plan to run Fiero Store Sprint Manifolds hopefully.
GOT2B GM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2009 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GOT2B GMSend a Private Message to GOT2B GMDirect Link to This Post
For the price of these you can afford to have some one modify your x-over and then you'll have long tube headers.
White Spyder

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2009 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for White SpyderSend a Private Message to White SpyderDirect Link to This Post
Will the stock '88 cross over work with these?
GOT2B GM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2009 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GOT2B GMSend a Private Message to GOT2B GMDirect Link to This Post
At the very minimum you will have to weld the FOCOA style flanges onto the 88 x-over
zero2sixtyin2pt8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2009 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zero2sixtyin2pt8Send a Private Message to zero2sixtyin2pt8Direct Link to This Post
If they will fit with a manual tranny, and you can give a good shipping price to HI, consider them sold
GOT2B GM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2009 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GOT2B GMSend a Private Message to GOT2B GMDirect Link to This Post
They will fit a manual transmission. I will PM you with a SHIPPED price to Hawaii.
GOT2B GM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2009 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GOT2B GMSend a Private Message to GOT2B GMDirect Link to This Post
SOLD!
Fierology

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyDirect Link to This Post
argH! If the sale falls through, let me know. Did it sell for $300 btw??

Does someone else have a good price for some headers?
GOT2B GM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GOT2B GMSend a Private Message to GOT2B GMDirect Link to This Post
Payment has been received. Full price.

GL on your search
PFF
System Bot
GOT2B GM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2009 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GOT2B GMSend a Private Message to GOT2B GMDirect Link to This Post
shipped today tracking # Pm'd

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock