WTB: Correct VSS/Governor cover for 4T60 Swap by Alibi
Started on: 02-26-2009 01:01 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Alibi on 03-04-2009 07:30 PM
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Hi folks. I have an extra 4T60 from one of my Buicks and I'm looking into doing the swap. The trans has the digital sender whereas I need the taller TH125-style cap and geared shaft. It would be perfect it came from a trans with a 2.84 gear ratio

If you have one kicking around the spare parts pile and don't need it them please drop me a PM or post here. I have paypal or can do a money order, whichever you prefer.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BrewCheese

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrewCheeseSend a Private Message to BrewCheeseDirect Link to This Post
I have a extra cap that Ive been holding for another member on here but after a week he still hasent gotten back to me. Its just the cap without the VSS sensor. You can use the geared shaft and VSS sensor off of your TH125. Final drive dosent matter because the gear is based on tire size not on final drive. $30 shipped, let me know if your interested.

Jason
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2009 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to post back that I got the cap from Jason (BrewCheese) and I'm very much happy with it. I just need to clean it up and swap over the guts from the TH125 and I'll be set.

No problems and for future reference Jason is a good guy to deal with
BrewCheese

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2009 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrewCheeseSend a Private Message to BrewCheeseDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the kind words! I will leave you feedback also. Can you believe I already spent a lot of time cleaning that cap off already? That engine must have been leaking forever because there was over a inch worth of grease and grim on there.

Jason
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2009 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Really? Thats *clean*? Wow... the car must have been missing the inner wheel well trim or something to get that much road debris. Or maybe a CV axle failed and they never bothered to clean off the grease. Or both.

Anyway, I'm sure I can get it cleaned up a bit more if I soak it in something that is aluminum-friendly and then brush it off. Since I'm not going for a show car it doesn't have to be spotless so its all good.

Thanks for the feedback and if I do another swap in the future I'll get in touch

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock