Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Fiero trunk shelf, custom made, looks great.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Fiero trunk shelf, custom made, looks great. by jetman
Started on: 02-24-2009 10:00 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: jetman on 03-02-2009 08:37 PM
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
Update,,, sold out on complete trunk shelves but,,,,

I have trunk shelf templates (make your own) to go with the remaining 88 trunk shelf mats,

Scroll down to the yellow post.

Hi everyone;

Go from this,,,,

To this,,,,

I made 2 extra truck shelves for my forum friends as I manufactured these for my own Fiero. They fit the 88 Fiero, hand made out of plywood with a reinforced back, oil based paint, the mat lays on top.

$35 bucks + shipping to your doorstep via UPS.

Just a note, I use GM stock floor mat material out of their cargo vans, heavy duty stuff.
A portion of the proceeds goes to the Royal Oak Animal Shelter.

------------------
jetman
Silver 86 SE 2M6 4-speed, with
"check wallet light"
Now fortified with 8 essential slices of bacon goodness

[This message has been edited by jetman (edited 03-01-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Freshj

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FreshjSend a Private Message to FreshjDirect Link to This Post
Any idea if it'd fit in a 86 GT? I'd even pick it up, and save on you having to ship .

------------------
Red 86GT 4 Speed

jetman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Freshj:

Any idea if it'd fit in a 86 GT? I'd even pick it up, and save on you having to ship .

The base will fit as it is the same that I used in my 86 and 87 Fiero's. The mat is shaped diferently due to the change in 88 with GM omitting the trunk fan, however I will do this for you,,,,,

Tonight after I get home from work, I will double check to see if the 88 mat can be trimmed down for a nice fit in my 86. If not, let me check as I thought I had a piece of the mat material left over, if I do, I will custom cut a piece that will perfectly fit into your 86 GT.

A little bonus for those interested,,,, I found my truck rug protectors, same mat material cut to 8-inches wide and 34-inches long, perfect for protecting the bottom of the truck. I'll include it free with the trunk shelf, kinda like a "matched" set.
VelociJuris

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VelociJurisSend a Private Message to VelociJurisDirect Link to This Post
Looks nice i will take one. PM sent.
tmur115

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetman:
Tonight after I get home from work, I will double check to see if the 88 mat can be trimmed down for a nice fit in my 86. If not, let me check as I thought I had a piece of the mat material left over, if I do, I will custom cut a piece that will perfectly fit into your 86 GT.

would you be willing to sell a cardboard template of the '86 gt mat? (just the mat) I'm not allowed near ANY scissors any more after cutting dirty trunk carpet with my wifes GINGHER SCISSORS (she said no paper) lol but trunk carpet is fabric right?

many thanks
=todd=
jetman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Freshj:

Great news for you!

As promised, I checked against my 86 and was able to trim down a mat for you. I will be happy to give it a final fit for you when you stop by to pick it up. PM sent.

jetman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post

jetman

7788 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by VelociJuris:

Looks nice i will take one. PM sent.

Absolutely, they're great. You'll love the shelf whenever you do mechanical work on the engine, it makes a nifty tool tray. I won't forget about your free trunk rug protector. PM sent.
jetman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post

jetman

7788 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by tmur115:

would you be willing to sell a cardboard template of the '86 gt mat? (just the mat) I'm not allowed near ANY scissors any more after cutting dirty trunk carpet with my wifes GINGHER SCISSORS (she said no paper) lol but trunk carpet is fabric right?
many thanks

=todd=

Tell you what, I'll do much better than a cradboard template, how about the actual mat? All you'll need to do is shape a piece of plywood and lay the mat on top.

As promised for Freshj, I trimmed a mat down for his 86 GT and after we perform a final fit and trim, I will be happy to make an exact duplicate for you. I'll PM you with a good price and will even include a trunk rug protector.

Thank you for the interest.

tmur115

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Direct Link to This Post
pm replied to

thanks
-todd-
rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Just a good word for you Jetman. I really love the trunk shelf you made for me. It helps hide the extra tools I carry and keeps the trunk looking "uncluttered". Great Job. BTW, the floor matts work great too!
jetman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a Fiero club or something, hehehehehehe.

Look at that perfect fit in Freshj's 86 GT.

Thank you for the purchase!

A donation will be made at the Royal Osk Animal Shelter.
PFF
System Bot
jetman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post

jetman

7788 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by rjblaze:

Just a good word for you Jetman. I really love the trunk shelf you made for me. It helps hide the extra tools I carry and keeps the trunk looking "uncluttered". Great Job. BTW, the floor matts work great too!

Thank you for the kind words, it's always gratifying to make new friends through the forum.

Freshj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FreshjSend a Private Message to FreshjDirect Link to This Post
Thanks again Jetman! The shelf looks great! I left you some positive feedback .
Lilchief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefDirect Link to This Post
How about a template mat for a 85 GT ? Glad someone came through on this idea, I've throught of doing this many times.

------------------

85 GT 3.4
14.9 @ 90 1.9 60' Old TH125/3.06
Unknown New 4T60/3.42

jetman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2009 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lilchief:

How about a template mat for a 85 GT ? Glad someone came through on this idea, I've throught of doing this many times.

The 85 and 86 are the exact same and I have a mat ready to ship out to tmur115, if he changes his mind it will be yours. I was asking just $15.00 for the mat, shipping by UPS with a tracking number will be $10 bucks anywhere in IN.

Remember that this is brand new GM stock matting for the back of their cargo vans.

Sorry, I don't have templates, don't wish to go through that again either.

[This message has been edited by jetman (edited 02-28-2009).]

jetman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2009 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post

jetman

7788 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by Lilchief:

Lilchief, I have an 85-86 mat packaged up and ready to go out UPS on Monday. PM sent to you. Remember this is the mat only, you can easily build a platform for yourself, here is the link to my photopage for a picture story of the construction of the platforms.

http://www.jetman.smugmug.c...2069174_cBCGo#P-1-12
jetman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2009 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post

jetman

7788 posts
Member since Dec 2002
Just a quick note, I donated a big bag of Eagle Pack cat food to the Royal Oak Animal Shelter and also made a cash donation to The Girl Scouts.

Thanks everyone for helping out the kitties at the shelter.
jetman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2009 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
Update,,,, "special offer"

I sold out on the complete trunk shelves so I did this for my forum friends.

I have kraft paper templates that you can cut your own shelf out of plywood, lay the trunk shelf mat on top, you're set to go!

$27.50 shipped anywhere in US to your door step with a UPS tracking number . You get the template, shelf mat and trunk protector. These fit the 88 Fiero models.

First come first served, when they're gone, that's it, I have no more of the brand new GM mat material left to cut the mats out of.

Thanks for looking, a donation will be made to the Royal Oak Animal Shelfer.

[This message has been edited by jetman (edited 03-02-2009).]

jetman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2009 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
Just a couple more left to go.

You get template, 88 truck mat, truck floor protector, $27.50 shipped anywhere in 48 states.

(Shown in picture is an 85 GT mat)

tmur115

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2009 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Direct Link to This Post
dang dang dang... payment made... am i too late? <<shakes head>> everytime i seem to want somthing it sells out just before i can afford it .... oh well if im too late please just refund my money..... also pm sent

=todd=
jetman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2009 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tmur115:

dang dang dang... payment made... am i too late? <<shakes head>> everytime i seem to want somthing it sells out just before i can afford it .... oh well if im too late please just refund my money..... also pm sent

=todd=

No, you're not too late, I had one pulled to the side with your name on it. I was not going to dissapoint you.

I also went through the effort to make a special template out of kraft paper just for you and I included it as an "added value" bonus. The template will help you in your special project to get things sized up correctly first before you make any adjustments or trimming on the actual mat.

Good luck with your trunk / muffler project, leave the wife's scissors alone.

Thanks again, PM sent.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock