86 gt 3.4 5 speed ugly, runs and drives, needs work by Madess
Started on: 01-27-2009 01:24 PM
Replies: 26
Last post by: Fierology on 03-28-2009 07:11 PM
Madess

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessDirect Link to This Post
!!!!!SOLD!!!!!

$1600 firm - it is worth that in parts

if no one wants it, I will keep fixing it up, may be even drive it.
I have a truck and trailer and would consider delivery for a fee.
pics coming soon.

The bads
The car has 235k on it.
The engine leaks - looks like rear valve cover
The headlight motors stay up because one quit working properly. The motors actually move the headlights fine, one just won't stop the motor from running anymore when it's either up or down (I forget)
Needs paint
Needs tires
The interior is probably a 5 out of 10. I've seen worse, but it's rough. No radio. (can put one in if you want)
A/C doesn't work, but I was told the compressor was replaced, just not recharged (unconfirmed).
Those are the worst things I can think of, but there are more little nagging issues.

The good and the mods:
Getrag 5-speed
New Clutch
3.4 ARI stroker with around 15k (so I was told)
Ported Heads (Not verified by me, but they seem to have been rebuilt at least)
Roller Rockers
Comp Cams camshaft (nice lope!)
Sprint headers
Poly bushings all around
Intrax (IIRC) lowering springs
'88 GT gold lace wheels

It'd be an awesome project car, autocross car, or parts car depending on what one would want to do with it.

[This message has been edited by Madess (edited 03-28-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
couple questions. What is with all of the red wiring in the engine, under dash, front hood? can you fonfirm that it is a 3.4 engine? could it drive to illinois?
Madess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessDirect Link to This Post
the wiring in the back is a little weird, because someone installed a MSD in it, but it went bad - you can pull it out.

The front has some weird wiring, it needs cleaned up a little, but it all works.

I don't see any reason it would'nt drive to Il, though since I have had it, about 6 months, the oil leak has gotten worse. Where at in Illinoise?

[This message has been edited by Madess (edited 01-28-2009).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
How far is it from Tx to Ohio?---

Madess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessDirect Link to This Post
nice - same distance as last time

you don't want to come up now - 8 inches of snow and ice.
dexter_racer87

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dexter_racer87Send a Private Message to dexter_racer87Direct Link to This Post
I am going to be in town this weekend is there any way that i could come and take a look at it?
Madess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

couple questions. What is with all of the red wiring in the engine, under dash, front hood? can you fonfirm that it is a 3.4 engine? could it drive to illinois?

and about the engine, that is what I was told by the person who bought the car from the person who put the engine in - I will see if I can get some paper work.
Madess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessDirect Link to This Post

Madess

2040 posts
Member since Feb 2004

Originally posted by dexter_racer87:

I am going to be in town this weekend is there any way that i could come and take a look at it?

I am leaving for Fort Wayne Friday afternoon, and will not be back until Sunday evening unfortunately - what time will you be around? Shoot me a pm, maybe we can work something out?
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I sold it to Madess. What he says about the engine is true (most of the description is from my original FS thread), it's an ARI stroker from what I was told. It's quite likely that it is, but I had no visible proof.
FWIW, if it has the same tires on it, they need replaced before it's taken on any long trip, they had dry rot in the treads. That's dangerous for everyone.

IMO the car is worth what he's asking, for parts if nothing else (as mentioned).

Good luck Madess (still).
Madess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

Yeah, I sold it to Madess. What he says about the engine is true (most of the description is from my original FS thread), it's an ARI stroker from what I was told. It's quite likely that it is, but I had no visible proof.
FWIW, if it has the same tires on it, they need replaced before it's taken on any long trip, they had dry rot in the treads. That's dangerous for everyone.

IMO the car is worth what he's asking, for parts if nothing else (as mentioned).

Good luck Madess (still).

Yeah, the tires are dry rotted, I have an extra set, I was going to throw, in unless someone was buying it for the 88 gold rims, then we would have to work out something.

[This message has been edited by Madess (edited 01-28-2009).]

Coinage

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoinageClick Here to visit Coinage's HomePageSend a Private Message to CoinageDirect Link to This Post
ahhhhh... just a little too soon for me... damn

------------------

By:Custom2M4
in process-12" front brakes using '88 calipers and '88 brakes in rear
'88 rear suspension, Held adjustable links solid mounted
94 3.4TDC, 60-1 BB turbo,A/W IC, Tial 38mm, QuarterMaster button flywheel/twin disk clutch, ARP hardware, fully balanced bottom end, Ported Heads

PFF
System Bot
CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
I'm pretty interested. How easy could the wiring be put back to stock? What is the exhaust condition (new gaskets?)? What shape is the suspension in? Pics of the frame rails?
Will it need brakes any time soon?

[This message has been edited by CTFieroGT87 (edited 01-29-2009).]

Madess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2009 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CTFieroGT87:

I'm pretty interested. How easy could the wiring be put back to stock? What is the exhaust condition (new gaskets?)? What shape is the suspension in? Pics of the frame rails?
Will it need brakes any time soon?

There is only a little bit of wire jerry rigging, dont think it would be to hard to clean it up. If you wanted it to be a show car and match colors and everything it would be a little more work.

I don't know how knew the exhaust gaskets are, but the exhaust was garbage, I just cut off. I am going to pick up exhaust from a friend, right now it doesn't have a cat, but I could change that pretty easily.

I can get more pics

Suspension is tight, with the poly, kyb's and lower springs.

Brakes on the back look good, I will check the front.

[This message has been edited by Madess (edited 02-03-2009).]

turbo86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2009 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seDirect Link to This Post
Oh man I wanted this car when it was local, why are you selling so soon?
CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2009 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
Is just the cat missing, or is there no exhaust at the moment?
Madess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbo86se:

Oh man I wanted this car when it was local, why are you selling so soon?

from when I bought it was a possiblity of selling it, depending on how many projects I had at the time, and right now I am full up, and don't need another car, so if someone wants it.
Madess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessDirect Link to This Post

Madess

2040 posts
Member since Feb 2004

Originally posted by CTFieroGT87:

Is just the cat missing, or is there no exhaust at the moment?

I am picking up exhaust for it Wednesday, it will not have a cat, but the rest will be stock.
Wudman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WudmanSend a Private Message to WudmanDirect Link to This Post
Email Sent
Madess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2009 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessDirect Link to This Post
for those asking about trunk rust

mbautodesign

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2009 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mbautodesignSend a Private Message to mbautodesignDirect Link to This Post
i am in louisville, ky
i might come look at it this week or next if you still have it.
would it make the trip back to louisville on those tires?
Madess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2009 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessDirect Link to This Post
yeah, I think it would make it on the tires, I am picking up a nicer set if you would be interested in those.

[This message has been edited by Madess (edited 02-14-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
mbautodesign

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mbautodesignSend a Private Message to mbautodesignDirect Link to This Post
pm or email me a number i can reach you at
id like to come by this weekend or the weekend after, and most likely take it home with me
Tj_Harp

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2009 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tj_HarpSend a Private Message to Tj_HarpDirect Link to This Post
Mine now. Beautiful car. Can't wait 'till autocross season.
Fierology

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2009 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyDirect Link to This Post
Is that Alltrbo's "deathtrap," as he called it?

-Michael
Fierology

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2009 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyDirect Link to This Post

Fierology

1193 posts
Member since Dec 2006
oh, nrmnd, I saw Alltrbo's comment.

I had a short ride in it. I liked it. If I didn't already have a fiero last year, I'd have bought it. :-P

if you see this, Alltrbo, you still w/o a Fiero?

-Michael
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2009 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Still without a running Fiero, yes. :/ At the rate I'm going it'll be another 10 years before the '88 project is on the road, but I'm making painfully slow progress. I'm having withdrawals bad, and I need to get it out of the garage.
The gold '88 GT wheels on this car came from my '88.

I'm glad Tj got the newly minted "Dino", formerly known as "Deathtrap", it sounds like he'll enjoy it. For the record, I named it Deathtrap before I fixed a few issues. If the tires have been changed, that title can now officially be relinquished.

I suppose we should let this FS thread die, Tj, you should post up a project thread about it!

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 03-26-2009).]

Fierology

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyDirect Link to This Post
yeah, project thread sounds good

and, Steven, you're still in a better position than me, in a manner of speaking, for I've never had a running Fiero for more than a week or so! But that's soon to change, God willing.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock