Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Ryanne/Held/HT suspension/brake parts and more for sale-Fiero Factory

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Ryanne/Held/HT suspension/brake parts and more for sale-Fiero Factory by Fierotech
Started on: 01-18-2009 09:21 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: Fierotech on 02-18-2009 03:38 PM
Fierotech

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2009 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotechClick Here to visit Fierotech's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierotechDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero Factory has come into possession of a number of my personal "project parts" and would like to sell them. All of these items are used unless otherwise noted, and some may take some fab work. I'll describe as well as possible here; contact me for more details. If anyone remembers the red '85GT T-top car with steering wheel controls, HUD, etc. that I used to have, the brakes and slalom front is from that car.

Here's what we have:

1) Ryanne/Held/ HT MotorSports Wilwood 12" brake setup $800
This brake setup is the older setup with the Wilwood rotors with aluminum hats. 12" rotors all the way around. Larger master cylinder, adjustable proportioning valve. 4 piston forged Dynalite calipers. Steel braided brake lines. Front brakes are for the Slalom front suspension, rears are for stock '88. Fronts are basically rotors and calipers. Caliper brackets (and hubs for pre-'88s) would have to be fabricated to be used on anything other than the Slalom front suspension. Calipers have been machined down for clearance under stock 15" rims (will not fit under '88 front rims), though I recommend 16" or larger rims. The factory rims are a VERY tight fit, but do-able. Rear includes custom brackets for Dynalite calipers and spot calipers for Ebrake. Spot calipers included, may need some work or small pieces (I need to dig them out and look closely). System isn't "pretty", there are many spots the powdercoating is rough and there is some rust on the rotors and oxidation here and there. These brakes will provide more stopping force than street tires can handle. You better have a strong neck before you use these to their full potential.

(for those that don't know, Ryanne Motorsports was sold many years ago and became Held Motorsports. Several years ago, it was sold again and became HT Motorsports)

2) Ryanne/Held/HT MotorSports Slalom front suspension $1200
This is a full custom front crossmember with tubular upper and lower control arms, improved geometry, adjustable perch coilovers, huge (cheaply replaced) ball joints, custom spindles that use Fiero rear hubs, set up for the Wilwood brake system listed above. This system will need some minor fab work. The crossmember is brand new, however has one mounting point that was mis-welded. Will require cutting off a tube and re-welding it 1/8 to 1/4" higher than it is. The control arms, spindles, bearings, rack, and coilovers are used. The upper control arms are from an older revision of the slalom suspension (this suspension system has gone through many production changes through its lifecycle from when Ryanne sold it through the current owners of HT MotorSports) and are narrower than the ones that are designed for this crossmember. Hard to describe, but you will need to drill two mounting holes in each side of the crossmember, and cut two small sections out for clearance. The upper control arm shafts have to be shortened. One is already done, the other needs to be done. This will require cutting a piece of round stock, rifle drilling it, and tapping it. This is not major structural work that will compromise safety or strength, but it is precise work that will take some experience and skill. Alternately, you could contact HT Motorsports and see if they still offer the upper control arms for this particular setup. If you don't purchase the above brake system, you will have to get the 12" or 13" brakes from Held, or use a Dynalite caliper and 12" rotors with the correct thickness, offset, and bolt pattern. Includes brand new poly bushings for upper and lower control arms. I had the system complete with the old crossmember under my '85GT with '88 cradle. Many friends and customers drove the car and had dubbed it one of the best handling Fieros they had ever driven. I believe the old crossmember is still around the shop, and can go with this setup if anyone wants it, but it will take some fab work too, as one of the upper control arm shafts had to be cut to begin fabbing for the new system. The newer crossmember is MUCH nicer and lighter than the old unit, though.

3) '88 front coilover setup $150 (unknown origin) Sold-Thank you
This setup requires cutting the stock lower control arm so a lower perch can be set into it, and the rest bolts up. Carrera chrome adjustable shocks with adjustable perches, 7" long 300 lb/in springs.

4) '88 front custom lowering control arm set with adjustable shocks $200 (combined with above, only one set of shocks: $300) (unknown origin) Sold-Thank you
This setup has the lower ball joint mount relocated ~1.5-2" higher to lower the car without changing geometry or springs. Very nicely fabricated from stock lower control arms, well reinforced, looks professionally done. Setup also includes Carrera chrome adjustable shocks and custom tubular upper control arms. Stock springs are used. This setup can be combined with the coilovers above for spring rate selection and ride height adjustment, no fabrication necessary.

5) Small air to air intercooler $50
Fits under decklid vents. Unknown origin.

6) Motegi 17" wheels and tires $500 Sold-Thank you
5x100 and 5x114.3 bolt pattern. Kumho Ecsta 205/40/17 front, 225/45/17 rears with very good tread. Some minor curb rash and some minor nicks and scratches on rim faces.

Lower control arms and coilovers:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Motegi rims:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

More pics at http://photos.toast.net/fierotech

I can get photos of the rest upon request. I will need to dig up some of the pieces as they are in boxes, storage, etc., so give me a few days for pics if you request them.

More information on the new versions of the Slalom front and big brakes (including current pricing, if you'd like to compare) available at http://www.westshorefabricators.com (HT Motorsports' new web address). From their photos, there has been another revision to the Slalom front, so it's not quite identical to the one for sale here.

We will consider splitting up the brake system. At this point in time we are not willing to finish the fab work on the Slalom front suspension due to lack of time necessary. Everything is sold as-is. Front '88 suspension parts can be installed in-house, as can the rims (of course) and the rear brakes. We simply do not have the time or manpower to do the Slalom front at this point.

PM or Email me for more information. I will send my phone number upon request. Please do not call The Fiero Factory, as they don't know all of the details of these parts like I do.

All parts are located at The Fiero Factory in Toney, AL. We can ship, or hold for pickup. If you're not in a rush, come down for the Swap Meet at the end of April and pick them up.

Thanks for looking, and take care all--
Jeremy B.
Fierotech@knology.net

[This message has been edited by Fierotech (edited 02-18-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2009 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
This stuff sounds oddly familiar to me.....hmmmm.

BTW......kinda interesting timing on this sale. It was almost 10 years ago to the day that I blew the engine on that thing and we cobbled that '87 coupe together to get me home to Colorado. Time flies fast, doesn't it?
Fierotech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2009 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotechClick Here to visit Fierotech's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierotechDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

This stuff sounds oddly familiar to me.....hmmmm.

BTW......kinda interesting timing on this sale. It was almost 10 years ago to the day that I blew the engine on that thing and we cobbled that '87 coupe together to get me home to Colorado. Time flies fast, doesn't it?

HEY...I never "cobble" anything together!
OK, we cobbled that car together. But, when you have to put a car together out of spare parts in 4 hours or less...<shrug>...it actually turned out to be a pretty good little car though, didn't it?
At least it never got you into any trouble.

For those who don't know and may actually care, the above mentioned '85GT was purchased from mrfiero after the A.C.E. built turbo Quad 4 blew for the nth time. Now THAT was cobbled together, as was much of the rest of the car...which is why I disassembled it and saved the "good bits" after driving it for a year or so and finding out how bad the rest of the car was.

Thanks--
Jeremy

PS- PM me for my phone number if you don't still have it (it hasn't changed) and give me a call some time.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
i might take you up on the rims ill know soon

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 01-19-2009).]

CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
I'm interested in the front coilovers, but can't take them off your hands until Feb 1st, I'll keep a watch in this thread.
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
you have a PM regarding the front control arms and coilovers...

-Gary
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post
I remember that car, the first car I put a HUD unit in, a real HUD system. Sorry to see her get parted out. You got the car from me really. Good luck with the part sale.
Fierotech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotechClick Here to visit Fierotech's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierotechDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tim.

All PM's have been replied to, others interested just keep me posted and I'll let you know if they sell beforehand.

Thanks all--
Jeremy B.
MclarenF1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MclarenF1Click Here to visit MclarenF1's HomePageSend a Private Message to MclarenF1Direct Link to This Post
PM sent
Fierotech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotechClick Here to visit Fierotech's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierotechDirect Link to This Post
This round of PM's responded to all around. Open to offers on the Slalom/brake setups.

Thanks--
Jeremy B.
Fierotech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2009 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotechClick Here to visit Fierotech's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierotechDirect Link to This Post
To those who are waiting for a response to a PM...I've been out of town for the last week (still am) with only occasional cellphone internet service.

I apologize for not getting back to you, but will as soon as I can.

Thanks!

Jeremy
PFF
System Bot
tayne

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2009 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tayneSend a Private Message to tayneDirect Link to This Post
What price are you looking for on the Front coil-overs and control arms? I have a '85 GT
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2009 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Message sent on the 24th, just let me know when you get back.

Dan

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 01-31-2009).]

MclarenF1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2009 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MclarenF1Click Here to visit MclarenF1's HomePageSend a Private Message to MclarenF1Direct Link to This Post
PM replied on the 22nd. Thanks for the heads up.

------------------

Fierotech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotechClick Here to visit Fierotech's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierotechDirect Link to This Post
Finally back and caught up, I think. All PM's replied to, if I missed anyone, let me know.

Payment pending on the front control arms and coilovers.

Sorry, again, for the delay to all.
Thanks--

Jeremy
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2009 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jeremy,

Reply sent, just need and address.

Dan
Madess

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2009 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jeremy,

(its Matt, the guy from Ohio who occiasionally brings the black car down for you to work on)

could I get pics of the 88 rear wilwood setup, if you are planning on splitting it up?
Fierotech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2009 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotechClick Here to visit Fierotech's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierotechDirect Link to This Post
Bump for update-sold parts.

Matt-PM sent.

Thanks all--
Jeremy B.
Fierotech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotechClick Here to visit Fierotech's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierotechDirect Link to This Post
Payment rec'd on wheels-thank you.

Intercooler, slalom front, and brakes still available, open to offers.

Thank you--
Jeremy

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock