Started on: 12-24-2008 11:18 PM
Replies: 30
Last post by: Austrian Import on 01-30-2009 01:34 PM
FieroHarry

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2008 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
Original Fi-air-o over the roof scoops with paperwork that came with them. pre-mounted on engine vents and have matching honeycomb inlet screens installed. Also left vent has engine air filter installed.
All you need is to sand them and paint to match $275 OBO (includes shipping) Paypal or money orders only.
Drop me an e-mail if your interested or would like pictures.
Thanks for reading......
PS fits notchback cars only...... see pic below

Chips you see in pictures are in paint only and not the glassed scoops.
Thanks for looking......
------------------

"If you want to blend in, take the bus!"
87GT "Lil Red"

[This message has been edited by FieroHarry (edited 12-29-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2008 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Drop a PM to rjblaze I believe he was looking for a set a year or two back.

Dave
rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
I actually was looking for a single-type roof-scoop and got one from someone on here.
Thanks anyway.
FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2008 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
Bump.
FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
Bump
mcaanda

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post
Harry - I believe that those will also fit GT's which will help open up some possible buyers:

BTW: They were not bolted down.

------------------
And it begins again...

FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, however i do believe im correct.
Yes you can put them on any Fiero, however if mounted to the vents correctly you would have to bolt them down with the vents in place( on the fastback model) With a notchie you can take the entire assembly out(vent and scoop together) while still mounted. The fast back vents wont work that way.
FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2009 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2009 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if those would work on a Fino/Finale kit?

Bump for ya, Harry.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2009 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Mike Parker's "DARKWING" Fiero. This is an absolutely beautiful car, but this is the only pic I can find of it on short notice. (Don't ask about the guy in his undies washing it)
The scoops look great, and in no way hinder cooling of the engine compartment. Mike lives in south Texas where heat is abundant.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2009 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69666 posts
Member since Apr 2001
PM and email sent.
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2009 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Got a pair on my Indy. I think they suit the Indy's look perfectly - sure turns people's heads!!

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003/2004 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner
My SD4 Indy www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/096075.html

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 01-02-2009).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2009 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
bump for FieroHarry--you get my email and pm? I want the scoops.
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2009 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
another bump for you harry! If MJ doesn't buy, I definitely want them....see my PM.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2009 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Got a pair on my Indy. I think they suit the Indy's look perfectly - sure turns people's heads!!

And, that's where I intend to install a pair.

------------------
Indy 1656- 1G2AF37R3EP270982 Auto 131,064 miles
Indy 1578- 1G2AF37RXEP270378 Auto 64,334 miles

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2009 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Air comes up from below and up and out of the engine vents. These scoops force air downward. If there is no way for the hot air to get out the engine will run hottter. I believe that these scoops will be a detriment to proper cooling as they block the vents.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2009 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Air comes up from below and up and out of the engine vents. These scoops force air downward. If there is no way for the hot air to get out the engine will run hottter. I believe that these scoops will be a detriment to proper cooling as they block the vents.

Talk to Mike Parker--owner of Blackwing. San Antonio Texas. He's had his on for several years, with no problems, in city traffic or highway speed. San Antonio probably see as many 100+ deg days as anywhere in the country. I just exchanged emails with him yesterday where we discussed this subject.
And the Indy I intend to install a set on has the center vented anyway--not the sides like later years.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-02-2009).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
bumpidy bump bump

Harry?
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
I love the pic of the guy washing the car, I can only imagine what the people in the car are saying about him.

Dave
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
That's Blakeinspace. He lost a bet and had to wash Mike's DARKWING in his underwear--in a public place. Right in front of the hotel we all stayed at for one of the Texas/Oklahoma Fiero get togethers.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

84's have the center decklid vent. Works fine.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
bump again. Harry?
FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

bump again. Harry?

Hi guys, sorry to be so late. Had to go to Lynrd Skynard (MS) concert Friday night then re-cooperate after having to work the next day!
Yes the show was great even after all these years they still rock on.

PMs sent

MaryJane should be the new proud owner of these babys.

In response to over heating issues I never suffered any, however I run header tape on everything I build. Its an old habit but keeps me from burning myself when working on them when there hot!!

[This message has been edited by FieroHarry (edited 01-04-2009).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Check your pm Harry--tracking # enclosed.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

That's Blakeinspace. He lost a bet and had to wash Mike's DARKWING in his underwear--in a public place. Right in front of the hotel we all stayed at for one of the Texas/Oklahoma Fiero get togethers.

Looks like a La Quinta - Oh Man, it's bad when you can recognize hotels by the style of the parking lot - front entrance!
FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post

Check your pm Harry--tracking # enclosed.

Sold!

Thanks Don its been a pleasure.
Shipping info will be sent tuesday/wednesday back at you!

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
They are here Harry!! Thanks.
(feedback submitted)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-27-2009).]

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
They look cool.

Do cars have issues with overheating with all that airflow reversed?
Isn't air supposed to exit through these scoops. Does it exit underneath the car then?
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2009 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Do cars have issues with overheating with all that airflow reversed?
Isn't air supposed to exit through these scoops. Does it exit underneath the car then?

Good question. I believe they were designed for the 84's with the center vent in the decklid for venting. No problems on my 84 Indy
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2009 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Good question. I believe they were designed for the 84's with the center vent in the decklid for venting. No problems on my 84 Indy

That makes sense. The side vents on those were solid. Thankies.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock