Blaupunkt THw 1200 12" slim subs BRAND NEW by LAMBO
Started on: 11-06-2008 12:31 PM
Replies: 25
Last post by: LAMBO on 03-20-2009 08:23 AM
LAMBO

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
Edited to add: I still have a couple of these left. I have both 10" and 12". Price drop to $75 each for the subs (plus shipping).

For those of you wanting to put some kick in the base for your Fiero audio system, I've picked up some extras of these

http://www.onlinecarstereo....aspx?ProductID=19604

I've currently got two on hand, but I could possibly get a few more if there is enough interest. My window of opportunity is only a couple days though on getting more than the two on hand. Your price is $99 shipped (lower 48 states). These are brand new (not seconds or returns) and would make great behind the seats subs in your custom built box. I've heard these in an S10, and they beat very well. I'm just helping a friend try to liquidate some of his inventory (times are tough).

I will accept USPS MOs only. PM me if interested.

Here's some updated pics of the components and subs ready to install in my car.

Sub without cover

Sub with cover

Components in plates

[This message has been edited by LAMBO (edited 03-18-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
Can I assume that it is $99 each, not for the pair? Sounds like a good deal.....if it is for the pair, consider them sold because that is good enough of a deal that I will eat Ramen noodles for lunch for the next month. I just can't swing it right now if the price is each though.
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
These sell for $199 each on the volume online discount sellers websites (see link).
So, I'm selling for half price ($99 each). I'm including the shipping in that as well. You'll only need one of these behind the passenger seat. Throw a good mono amp behind the drivers seat, and you're ready to rock.
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Can you get a deal on 8" subs? (to fit with the underdash 8" enclosures many members on PFF are making)?

How about 5.25" component setups?

eze does it

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eze does itSend a Private Message to eze does itDirect Link to This Post
can you get these on a 10" and whats the depth size and how many watts are they.
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Can you get a deal on 8" subs? (to fit with the underdash 8" enclosures many members on PFF are making)?

How about 5.25" component setups?

No 8s, but I can get the 10s. And yes, I can get a few of the 5.25 components sets ($65 shipped). These component sets have a built in crossover, so you don't have to worry about mounting a seperate crossover somewhere. I'm in the process of making the plates for this component set as we speak, and with any luck, I'll have them installed this weekend.

[This message has been edited by LAMBO (edited 11-07-2008).]

LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post

LAMBO

1677 posts
Member since May 2000

Originally posted by eze does it:

can you get these on a 10" and whats the depth size and how many watts are they.

I'm not sure these slim line subs came in a 10", but I'm checking. The 12s are only 2.44 inches deep, and they only need a .5 cubic ft box. Ideal for the behind the seat set up. I'm building my boxes right now.
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post

LAMBO

1677 posts
Member since May 2000
Just got word back that these slim subs are available in the 10" size. Same price as the 12s though.
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2008 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
Bump for the Sunday crowd.
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2008 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
Are you cutting the firewall or building a box for behind the seat?
mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2008 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
I got one of these and im planning on doing a box behind the seat
PFF
System Bot
eze does it

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2008 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eze does itSend a Private Message to eze does itDirect Link to This Post
I cut out my fire wall on my 87GT and now im just shoping for the right speakers.If I have to I will built my own box but i want to see how it sounds like this first. PM msg sent to you lambo.
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2008 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

Are you cutting the firewall or building a box for behind the seat?

These are slim subs (2.5" mounting depth"), and they only need .5 cubic feet enclosures, so no cutting is really needed. The box can be made thin enough that you'll only need to have the seat up one notch from it's furthest back setting.
blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2008 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LAMBO:

No 8s, but I can get the 10s. And yes, I can get a few of the 5.25 components sets ($65 shipped). These component sets have a built in crossover, so you don't have to worry about mounting a seperate crossover somewhere. I'm in the process of making the plates for this component set as we speak, and with any luck, I'll have them installed this weekend.

Lambo,
Definitely interested in the 5.25 components. I'm assuming your making plates for the front 4x10 speakers in the dash?

Blkcofy
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2008 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blkcofy:

Lambo,
Definitely interested in the 5.25 components. I'm assuming your making plates for the front 4x10 speakers in the dash?

Blkcofy

Yes, I just finished making my plates, and they look awesome! My intention is to make plates (I have a template now) and install these components in them for sale to forum members who don't have the proper tools to make these. These will be a drop in install. Right now, I'm looking at $99 shipped to the lower 48 states. I'll still sell the components by themselves for $65.

[This message has been edited by LAMBO (edited 11-12-2008).]

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2008 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any more of the 12" subs? Also I would love to see a photo of you 5.25 setup.
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2008 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post
does he have any amps for sale? How much for a sub (1x), and 5.25 component combo with the amp to power them. How much would that run me?
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

Do you have any more of the 12" subs? Also I would love to see a photo of you 5.25 setup.

Yes, I have 2 more 12" subs. I also have 2 10"ers as well. I also have two 5.25 compenent sets left.

I have the plates made and speaker components mounted in the plates. I test fit one of them in the dash over the weekend and noticed I will need to trim the speaker opening lip a little in order for the 5.25 basket to clear. 2 minute job with a dremel. I'm waiting on a final install, as the plates will be getting base blockers put on them and I want to be ready to do the full sound system install (with sub) so I'm not listening without any base. I'm hoping to do this over the Thanksgiving weekend. I'll get pics of the install.
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post

LAMBO

1677 posts
Member since May 2000

Originally posted by kawana:

does he have any amps for sale? How much for a sub (1x), and 5.25 component combo with the amp to power them. How much would that run me?

Ironically, he doesn't have any more amps that would be suitable to run these subs properly. Your best bet would be to check your local craigslist for good used amp suitable for the sub. My local list is loaded right now with (cheap) amps from people needing to scrape cash together. Sign of the economic times I guess. But to answer the other part of your question, a 12" sub and 5.25" component set would run you $160 plus any addition shipping expense over the built-in $15 allowance. So if shipping on my end costs $20 to Canada, I'll only charge $5 extra for a total of $165. Hope that makes sense.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LAMBO:

Yes, I have 2 more 12" subs. I also have 2 10"ers as well. I also have two 5.25 compenent sets left.

I have the plates made and speaker components mounted in the plates. I test fit one of them in the dash over the weekend and noticed I will need to trim the speaker opening lip a little in order for the 5.25 basket to clear. 2 minute job with a dremel. I'm waiting on a final install, as the plates will be getting base blockers put on them and I want to be ready to do the full sound system install (with sub) so I'm not listening without any base. I'm hoping to do this over the Thanksgiving weekend. I'll get pics of the install.

Thanks for the response. I am no longer interested in the sub, but would love to see some photos of boxes. If they are plates for the 4x10 I am not interested. I want some Aus Pods or similar and a single 12 built into the firewall. Anyone around OKC cutting firewalls and shoving subs in there? Even a bit of a drive wouldn't upset me.
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2008 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
ttt
I've got a couple of these left.
PFF
System Bot
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2009 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
ttt
MEL H. JOHNSON

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MEL H. JOHNSONSend a Private Message to MEL H. JOHNSONDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a 10 in. available ???? What kind of amp would I need ???? I'm not stereo smarts, but have a GT all set up for a 10in. sub !!!!! MEL
RobertVol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertVolSend a Private Message to RobertVolDirect Link to This Post
Lambo,

I may be purchasing a low mileage GT and the sub that comes with the car which is the standard OEM subwoofer system is shot. So I just stumbled across your post here. I have a couple of questions. You do have this component set up available? And you will build the speaker and set them up for easy install for 75.00? What speaker are you using or did I miss that? Also you have these in your car? How would compare them to a standard speaker set up or higher end non component speaker? like a high end 4x10 replacement?

As for the subs these will fit behind the seat with grills on with only one up from the farthest position? How do they sound? I might want both types. Component and Sub. So will a standard higher end 2 channel amp suffice to power these subs?

Thanks in advance

LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MEL H. JOHNSON:

Do you have a 10 in. available ???? What kind of amp would I need ???? I'm not stereo smarts, but have a GT all set up for a 10in. sub !!!!! MEL

Mel, I have a couple of the 10s left. The specs for the 10" are identical to the 12". 200w continuous, 600w peak. Ideally, find a class D mono amp that will drive at a minimum of the continuous rating for this speaker. I always go a little bigger because of the fear of underdriving a sub at high volume (distortion=short speaker life).

These are brand new in unopened boxes ready to ship.
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post

LAMBO

1677 posts
Member since May 2000

Originally posted by RobertVol:

Lambo,

I may be purchasing a low mileage GT and the sub that comes with the car which is the standard OEM subwoofer system is shot. So I just stumbled across your post here. I have a couple of questions. You do have this component set up available? And you will build the speaker and set them up for easy install for 75.00? What speaker are you using or did I miss that? Also you have these in your car? How would compare them to a standard speaker set up or higher end non component speaker? like a high end 4x10 replacement?

As for the subs these will fit behind the seat with grills on with only one up from the farthest position? How do they sound? I might want both types. Component and Sub. So will a standard higher end 2 channel amp suffice to power these subs?

Thanks in advance

Yes, I have a couple of the Blaupunkt 5.25 component sets left. The $75 includes me making the plates (MDF) and installing the speakers into them. On your end there will be a little modification to the opening in your dash. Very easy to do with a dremel tool. You'll need to make a little clearance for the basket of the 5.25 driver as it doesn't quite let the plate sit down flush. You will also need to use a couple speed nuts to fasten two of the mounting points for the plate. The other two holes will line up perfect. These Blaupunkt component sets also have the crossover built into the 5.25 driver chassis, so you don't have to worry about mounting a crossover somewhere under your dash.

I am currently running these in my daily driver. I love them. They are crisp and clean sounding with a very balanced stage. I am also running base blockers on them because I'm running one of the 12" subs. If you go with a sub, I'd recommend base blockers on the components, but it's your choice. I was running the 2 way Pioneer 4x10s, before these, and there really isn't much comparison. These components are way better.

The sub beats very well. I'm running the sub off of it's own amp (Cadence) and the components off the CD decks amp (45w Pioneer DEH 47). From a power stand point, I can blow myself out of the car (I'm running Infinity plates in the B pillars). I'm getting too old for those kind of volume pressures. But at modest volume levels, I've never had a Fiero sound system sound so well.

On the sub behind the seat, I'm thinking about revising the encloser somewhat. I'm going to go ahead an open up the cavity on the passenger side so I can make my box thinner. I'm thinking one inch thinner will give the sub a little more clearance from the seat back. At higher volume, there needs to be a little room for the air to move between the sub and seat.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock