FS: The Rat or its drivetrain for sale.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

FS: The Rat or its drivetrain for sale. by chester
Started on: 09-22-2008 03:11 PM
Replies: 26
Last post by: chester on 10-15-2008 01:47 AM
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Folks,

Its come to a point where I need the cash and have to post my car up for sale. Please don't ask when how what or why. The fact is that I need to get some cash up quick so I have 2 options for this sale.

1) Selling the entire car as is minus the rims/tires. You get Chop top, targa, V8, suspension and interior. All the car needs is the finish work on the targa and paint.

Price point would be best offer closest to $15,000. To some this may seem extreme but for those who know the car are aware of the $$$ invested.

2) Selling the drive train as a drop in conversion to an exisiting Fiero owner. This would include Airfilter to oilpan, tranny, nitrous remote water pump. Everything needed to bolt in a fuel injected V8 into your Fiero with a Getrag 5 speed and Spec stage 3 clutch. This would probably be the way I would want to go as it allows me to keep the car. I would need a replacement cradle as well.

Price point would be best offer closest to $8000. I can even consider installation in a vechicle for a little extra $$$. I can have it done in 2 weeks time as I'm not working right now.

I have all paperwork and receipts for all purchases on this car since I bought it and I'm asking way less then half of what I have invested.

Please pm or email me with any offers, questions comments or suggestions.

I will post pics and specs in the thread soon. You can search for Dirty Rat on the forum and get an idea what the car has been through since I've owned it.

Thanks.

Rob D.

The Car:

The Engine

------------------

The Dirty Rat
Chopped, dropped and just plain NASTY! Choptop Targa #1
383 Stroker MPFI with N2O
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
19" Motegi Roja's wrapped in BFGoodrich Gforce T/A KDW-2 rubber
RCC Coilover Suspension

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 09-23-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post
Great Deal. I love the targa chop!

best of luck

(PS This has always been my favorite fiero)
Elvira

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2008 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post
TTT For an awesome deal! The Rat also has the red digital dash and grey marble kit on all the dash pieces and it has an actual glove box in it. Mr Mikes top of the line red/grey leather seats and new black carpet go with it. It has 11 1/2 inch brakes also. The drivetrain includes the 150HP nitrous kit as well. There is a LOT of money invested in this car and drivetrain as Chester never takes a halfway approach with anything. We have every receipt/document for everything ever put in this car. We would like to sell just the drivetrain and keep the car but right now money talks.

Renee

------------------
Elvira
Blue 87GT 5sp (True-Blue)
Black 86GT 5sp (The Dirty Rat)
84 Indy-19k&300HP SD4! (SOLD)
Maroon 88 T-top Formula (1988-2003 RIP)

[This message has been edited by Elvira (edited 09-23-2008).]

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2008 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
Just a thought? The Rat as a roller, no drivetrain, no wheels? Have a price in mind?
Thanks
Gary
I want a chop top
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2008 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Never really gave it much thought that way. You have a PM.

Rob D.

Originally posted by GKDINC:

Just a thought? The Rat as a roller, no drivetrain, no wheels? Have a price in mind?
Thanks
Gary
I want a chop top

Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post
TTT!

------------------
Elvira

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

PM sent

PM sent back!

------------------
Elvira

Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post
Bump for a great deal!

------------------
Elvira

Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2008 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post
Bump. I cant believe there is no interest in this awesome deal! There is OVER $50,000 invested in this car and OVER $15 in just the fuel injected drivetrain/NOS. We have all receipts and you will not see another motor as beautifully done as this one! This is 600HP here! 450HP in the balanced, blueprinted fuel injected 383 stroker and another 150HP in the NOS, which has never even been filled yet. If you are looking for the best, here it is. Check out the pics in the build thread here on PFF.

Renee

------------------
Elvira

ICouldaBeenAV8
From: Chatsworth, California; Clearwater, Florida, and Milwaukee, Wisc.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2008 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Direct Link to This Post
Down economy.
PFF
System Bot
Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2008 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, but what a way to go!!! :-)

------------------
Elvira

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2008 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Elvira:

Yeah, but what a way to go!!! :-)

Its a great car and I can appreciate the time, work and money put into the car as I have been slowly building mine over the last 4 years.
Its too bad you have to sale, builds like these are hard to come buy.
Have you tried just selling the engine and keeping the rest of the drive train? Lots of cars that a SBC will fit in, it may be easier to find someone that is into a more substantial car.
Good luck
Jake
Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2008 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post
No we haven't tried that. We figure if it doesn't go here, then it is not meant to go anywhere, so we are just playing it by ear right now. We really need the money but we will see what happens.

Renee

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Its a great car and I can appreciate the time, work and money put into the car as I have been slowly building mine over the last 4 years.
Its too bad you have to sale, builds like these are hard to come buy.
Have you tried just selling the engine and keeping the rest of the drive train? Lots of cars that a SBC will fit in, it may be easier to find someone that is into a more substantial car.
Good luck
Jake

------------------
Elvira

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2008 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2008 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
bump
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2008 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
bump
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2008 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
I may have missed it, but what year and tranny? Can you PM your phone # to me please?

Thanks,
Greg
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
The car is an 86 with the getrag 5 speed. and you have a pm.

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

I may have missed it, but what year and tranny? Can you PM your phone # to me please?

Thanks,
Greg

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
New PM sent
ICouldaBeenAV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Direct Link to This Post
PM sent.
PFF
System Bot
ICouldaBeenAV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2008 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Direct Link to This Post
Not to serious. Never answered my PM when I was in Kentucky and could have made arrangements to see it.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2008 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Not too serious?

The reason you didn't hear from me was because the drive train is sold so it would have been a waste of your time.

I was tied up and didn't get a chance to reply to your PM.

Thanks to all who inquiered.

Rob D.

Originally posted by ICouldaBeenAV8:

Not to serious. Never answered my PM when I was in Kentucky and could have made arrangements to see it.

ICouldaBeenAV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2008 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:

Not too serious?

The reason you didn't hear from me was because the drive train is sold so it would have been a waste of your time.

I was tied up and didn't get a chance to reply to your PM.

Thanks to all who inquiered.

Rob D.

Here is my rely to you in your PM today to me which you state you would not sale your car to just anyone:
"If you would not sell your car to just anyone, like me, why not post that in your initial for sale post? I don't even know what that means - why not list the names or characteristics of those favored buyers so the rest of us interested in buying a car [with your 15K asking in cash] can look elsewhere?

Check the time between my PM (10/05/08) and your reply (10/14/08). A day or two or three or even four day delay might be within the bounds of common courtesy.

By the way these questions are rhetorical and require no answer on your part.

Regards,
JimT AKA "just anyone" "
Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2008 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post
Is there anything left of this car?
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Like you said, this does not even deserve a reply, so i'll leave it at that.

Originally posted by ICouldaBeenAV8:

Here is my rely to you in your PM today to me which you state you would not sale your car to just anyone:
"If you would not sell your car to just anyone, like me, why not post that in your initial for sale post? I don't even know what that means - why not list the names or characteristics of those favored buyers so the rest of us interested in buying a car [with your 15K asking in cash] can look elsewhere?

Check the time between my PM (10/05/08) and your reply (10/14/08). A day or two or three or even four day delay might be within the bounds of common courtesy.

By the way these questions are rhetorical and require no answer on your part.

Regards,
JimT AKA "just anyone" "

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001
Nothing left for sale. Thanks.

Originally posted by Bradley Jay:

Is there anything left of this car?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave