Started on: 09-08-2008 11:30 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: $Rich$ on 09-23-2008 05:56 PM
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
new in the box, i bought these and i dont think theyve ever been used, only removed from the box by me for pics

i bought these to put in my fiero, but when i took the interior apart i already had nice pioneer's in there

these would make a good replacment for the 4x10's in the dash aswell, just make a plate to mount them in the opening

just under 2" from magnet to the backside of the mounting plate
round sounds better than oval
i would like $50 including shipping in the US,
paypal only

------------------

AIM:Onefast2M8
MSN Onefast2M6@hotmail.com
00 GTI VR6
07 G6 GTP

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2008 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
I might take 'em if they are actually new and unused. I need new rear speakers for my Formula. Can you give me more info/specs on them? What is the frequency response range, etc.? Oh, and what model # are they?

-Gary

EDIT:

I checked it out and I'll post the info for you since I found it...The frequency response is higher than I would prefer on the low end...

You probably spend more time listening to music in your car than in your home. Why not enjoy home speaker sound quality when you're on the road?

Infinity Reference 6412cfp 4"x6" plate speakers feature silk dome tweeters that would be right at home in your living room speakers. These sweet-sounding domes deliver crisp, clear response, yet won't fatigue the ears. Since the tweeters are mounted separately from the woofers, you'll enjoy a well-balanced stereo "sweet spot" — just like sitting in your favorite listening spot at home.

Infinity designed their Plus One+ woofers with more surface area than other 4"x6" plate speakers, for higher efficiency and improved bass output. A sturdy rubber surround suspends the cone in its non-resonant basket.

Settle into the driver's seat and make the most of your daily drive time with the exceptional sound of Infinity Reference speakers. Grilles are not included. (Factory grilles are appropriate for most installations.)

Details:
4"x6" 2-way plate speakers (pair)
Plus One+ poly woofer cone with hi-roll rubber surround
edge-driven silk dome tweeter
power range: 2-45 watts RMS (135 watts peak power)
frequency response: 72-21,000 Hz
sensitivity: 91 dB
top-mount depth: 1-15/16"
warranty: 1 year
Want more peace of mind? Extended Service Plans Available

[This message has been edited by FieroFanatic13 (edited 09-09-2008).]

$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2008 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
thanks for the info
these are really nice speakers, ive had many infinity's over the years and theyve all sounded nice
$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2008 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
UP
sjmaye

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
Bump for you
sjmaye

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
Do you or anyone know if these will fit in the rear B-pillar without modifications?
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Have to modify the mounting bracket a bit to make them fit. Since they are plates with a separate woofer and tweeter the magnet on the woofer hits the stock speaker cutout.

[This message has been edited by Xanth (edited 09-12-2008).]

$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
are you sure of that?
my pioneer plates were near identical and in size and didnt require any mods to fit

if there is modification needed its minimal,... really

also these would make a great replacment for the 4x10's in the dash

------------------

AIM:Onefast2M8
MSN Onefast2M6@hotmail.com
00 GTI VR6
07 G6 GTP

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Dang it...the more I look into the more I think I might be better off to go with the plates than ovals even if the ovals have a lower frequency response...

Would you consider $40 shipped though? Short on funds right now sadly enough...
$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
pm sent
BrewCheese

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrewCheeseSend a Private Message to BrewCheeseDirect Link to This Post
I got these same speakers installed in my 87 GT and had them in there since 2001. They sound great and require only some triming of the plastic bracket that the speaker mounts to before mounting to the metal chassis. Took me all of maybe a couple min per side to trim it.

Jason
PFF
System Bot
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by BrewCheese:

I got these same speakers installed in my 87 GT and had them in there since 2001. They sound great and require only some triming of the plastic bracket that the speaker mounts to before mounting to the metal chassis. Took me all of maybe a couple min per side to trim it.

Jason

How is the bass output from these? Is it noticeable or are they really just midrange and higher?
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Midrange and higher, excellent sound quality, but no bass to speak of. The improvement in sound quality over stock is amazing though.

I used them for awhile before switching over to ovals out of convenience, but if you listen to ovals then listen to plate speakers these are far clearer.

[This message has been edited by Xanth (edited 09-12-2008).]

$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
ya, if you build a plate out of some thin fiber board, and mount these in the dash, you woud have nice mid bass out of them, you would notice more of the mids withthem mounted in the dash because of the hollow-ness under the dash

someone buy them...
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
PM sent.

Joe
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
PM also sent.
$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2008 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
sold, pending paypal to MulletproofMonk
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2008 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
VERY nice! Thanks for the quick ship too. You get the old eBay A++

-Brian
$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2008 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
thanks, now leave me some feedback

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock