Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Need one seat back and have two to sell, so buy or trade?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Need one seat back and have two to sell, so buy or trade? by fierohoho
Started on: 08-26-2008 06:57 PM
Replies: 17
Last post by: fierohoho on 09-08-2008 12:40 AM
fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Up for sale are two seat back skins in good condition, here's a pic of them.

I am in need of a seat back skin like this one from a 1985 base coupe with speakers in the headrest.

On my two if you buy one or both you pay for shipping from 55051.

I'm asking $25.00 each or $40.00 for both or of course Best Offer.

I am willing to trade for a skin like I need.

Respond here or PM me if any questions or interest.

Steve
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MEL H. JOHNSON

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MEL H. JOHNSONSend a Private Message to MEL H. JOHNSONDirect Link to This Post
I'm up for your trade !!!!! I'm downloading the pics of my seat right now !!!!! I might need some help to remove the skin !!!! MEL
MEL H. JOHNSON

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MEL H. JOHNSONSend a Private Message to MEL H. JOHNSONDirect Link to This Post

MEL H. JOHNSON

1441 posts
Member since Sep 2001
Lets see if I got PIP to work !!!!!
MEL H. JOHNSON

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MEL H. JOHNSONSend a Private Message to MEL H. JOHNSONDirect Link to This Post

MEL H. JOHNSON

1441 posts
Member since Sep 2001
I think I did too many !!!!!! LOL
MEL H. JOHNSON

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MEL H. JOHNSONSend a Private Message to MEL H. JOHNSONDirect Link to This Post

MEL H. JOHNSON

1441 posts
Member since Sep 2001
fierohoho

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
The seat looks good Mel, I can't see the whole bolster area where the Fiero seats wear out though, is this one in good shape there with no holes or wear?

Did you want one of my covers or both?

Steve

MEL H. JOHNSON

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MEL H. JOHNSONSend a Private Message to MEL H. JOHNSONDirect Link to This Post
I can use both of them !!!!!
MEL H. JOHNSON

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MEL H. JOHNSONSend a Private Message to MEL H. JOHNSONDirect Link to This Post

MEL H. JOHNSON

1441 posts
Member since Sep 2001
MEL H. JOHNSON

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MEL H. JOHNSONSend a Private Message to MEL H. JOHNSONDirect Link to This Post

MEL H. JOHNSON

1441 posts
Member since Sep 2001
It's the same pic !!!!!! I'll try another !!!!! You'll see no wear on it !!!! MEL
MEL H. JOHNSON

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MEL H. JOHNSONSend a Private Message to MEL H. JOHNSONDirect Link to This Post

MEL H. JOHNSON

1441 posts
Member since Sep 2001
This is a good view !!!!!!
fierohoho

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Looks good.

Do you need a written, "How To", on removing the skin from the seat?
PFF
System Bot
MEL H. JOHNSON

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MEL H. JOHNSONSend a Private Message to MEL H. JOHNSONDirect Link to This Post
That would probably make it a little easier !!!!! I've never done it before !!!! MEL
fierohoho

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Mel, here are my instructions for removing the seat skin, take your time and go slow and it should go OK.

Start with removing the seat from the vehicle, four nuts, not sure of the size, 13mm or 15mm.

Remove the seat back from the base, on one side is a T50 Torx bolt and on the other are two 13mm bolts which are under the plastic seat belt guide which is held in place by two cross head screws.

With the seat back removed and on the work bench look at the bottom and you will see it has a zipper.

Each end of the zipper is tucked in under the seat skin on the ends, pull them out and unzip the zipper, it comes apart like a zipper on a jacket.

Now you start to bunch the seat skin up from the bottom and as you go you will see it is connected to the seat back with small round pieces of wire, these are the Hog Rings, just cut them with a wire snips and pull them loose.

On the inside of the front part of the seat skin between the skin and the foam you will see the ends of two metal rods with loops on the visible ends, these are in the crease between the center of the seat back and the bolsters on the sides.

These ends will be secured to the seat back with more Hog Rings so cut those loose also and then just pull the rods out..

Now continue to work the seat skin up toward the headrest, there are only a couple more Hog Rings to clip up near the head rest, when those are clipped the skin should come off.

Steve
MEL H. JOHNSON

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MEL H. JOHNSONSend a Private Message to MEL H. JOHNSONDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Steve, I'll get it off this weekend !!!!! I'll get back to you when it's off !!!! MEL
fierohoho

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good.
MEL H. JOHNSON

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2008 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MEL H. JOHNSONSend a Private Message to MEL H. JOHNSONDirect Link to This Post
It's off !!!!! Putting one back together seems a lil harder !!!!!! MEL
fierohoho

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2008 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I just watched a friend take one off and reinstall it on another core the other day and the removal part seems easy but I bet when I go to put a different one back on it'll be another story the first time.
fierohoho

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Good to do business with you Mel, the seat skin was in great shape.

Steve

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock