Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Recovered shift knobs (prototypes for sale)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Recovered shift knobs (prototypes for sale) by mmeyer86gt/gtp
Started on: 08-20-2008 12:19 AM
Replies: 34
Last post by: mmeyer86gt/gtp on 10-29-2008 09:51 PM
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
So here is some pics of a project that i am working on perfecting and.... the fiero community gets a chance to get some of my prototypes. Well what you think makes it a prototype. the problems with these pieces are the stitching is a little off or there is a small scuff in the material so the parts are not perfect. So i am selling them as the prototypes. I am working on shift knobs for now and here they are..

Here is the 4 manual and 4 automatic shift knobs

close up of the manual knobs

pic of the only cut / material flaw in all of this set the only other problems with these is the stitching is not uniform.

Now i am sure some of you are asking how much for each. Well here is my small catch before i tell price. I am willing to trade these pieces for your older crappy knobs that you might have!! If you do not have a crappy knob for trade i need to charge a $10 on top of my price so that i will be able to get another knob to recover.

Prices

manual knobs $20 each
automatic $30 each

I take paypal and shipping is not included.
The price of these is what i paid for in material in recovering these. The leather is automotive grade and UV protected in the tanning process.
shoot me a pm or email if you are interested

I have sent another prototype to delorean00 if you are wondering about quality.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
I may be (easily) convinced to take that black with red stitching automatic knob off your hands in trade for my current one...Would go nicely with the new black and red visors

Let me know if its still available and how you want to work things out...drop me a pm i suppose...
Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
I have a lot of chrome tanned leather scraps if you are interested.
386gt

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 386gtSend a Private Message to 386gtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

I may be (easily) convinced to take that black with red stitching automatic knob off your hands in trade for my current one...Would go nicely with the new black and red visors

Let me know if its still available and how you want to work things out...drop me a pm i suppose...

were you talking about the auto one or the manual?
Riddick85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Direct Link to This Post
I would be interested in the black with red stitching if its available(manual knob). If its not available the plain black looks nice too
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 386gt:

were you talking about the auto one or the manual?

Automatic one...drop me a pm with the specifics...

-Brian
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.

forgot to mention, auto

thanks...
sparx22

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sparx22Send a Private Message to sparx22Direct Link to This Post
Ok
Is there a darker gray, the light one looks too light?
I have a core I can provide you with.
Let me know, I like email communications best.
jimlis22@gmail.com
Ty
Jim
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post
I would like a dark grey, or black one please
joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post
Since I am somewhat colorblind, is the light color a light grey? Like similar to the color of my 85 light grey trim? If so, I will take a manual light grey knob. Also, I only have a crappy rubber like one to send you. Is this what you need or does it have to be a leather one?
PM me.

-JOE
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
I would like the black manual one please. I have an old one to send as an exchange.
PFF
System Bot
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
All of the current ones i have for sale are pictured and will be making more when these sell. I do have the correct grey material but would like to get through some more black pieces before i move on to that material. 18sq feet of material of the correct grey color material ran me $300 shipped to my house. I bought it from a supplier who used to supply GM. so i am a little weary cutting into it when i am still perfecting my process. Ones not called for
color leather / stitching color
1. black / black manual
3. black / black auto
4. lt grey / black auto

[This message has been edited by mmeyer86gt/gtp (edited 08-20-2008).]

Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:18sq feet of material of the correct grey color material...I bought it from a supplier who used to supply GM.

I will wait for that batch to go on sale (and should be able so send a core or two)

+4U for making this product.

------------------

T-Top ~HUD~LEDs ~Red Fieros~Carputer~Go West

FIER086

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIER086Send a Private Message to FIER086Direct Link to This Post
Are any of your autos or manual knobs CONVERTED from a vinyl knob to a leather knob?? If so I have a couple of nice vinyl knobs you can have.
joesfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

color leather / stitching color
1. red / black manual
2. grey / black manual
3. black / black auto
4. lt grey / black auto

So, does that mean I can claim #2 the grey/black manual knob? I will take it even if I have to send the extra $10. Please let me know if the vinyl knob will work as an exchange or not. Thanks.

-JOE
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
joe you got #2 check your PM's.

The cores can be as follows
1. leather covered automatic
2. leather or vynal manuals

NO VYNAL AUTOMATICS
please ensure the spring works too :-) in the autos.
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2008 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
I have one of his prototype knobs and it looks great!! The leather feels really nice and the stitching feels really solid. I love it!! The small flaws that he mentioned in his first post are barely noticeable once installed.

PS- He is a really good guy to work with, and calls and updates you on your order if there is a delay.

------------------

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 08-21-2008).]

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2008 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
black with red auto stitching still avaliable buyer backed out.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2008 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
How much to cover an auto knob in black w/ black stitching? I will send you the knob.

------------------

Sail Panel Window Alternative https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/043053.html
My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-061575.html <~ The drama with kitcarman
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/078336.html <~ finishing and fixing kitcarmans mess
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079860.html <~ re-do after kitcarmans motor blew up.

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
Here is what is left the regular price i would like is double what the prototypes are so get these while thay are cheap.

1. black/ black manual
2. red / black manual
3. grey / black auto.

I have 2 black with red stitching ones completed for $60.00 each shipping is 6.00 I will get pics of those up soon.
--matt
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2008 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
i got mine auto shift knob yesterday, it looks great.

thanks...
PFF
System Bot
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2008 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
Fire Sale Fire Sale Fire Sale!!!!!!

Just got a call from my leather supplier with a screming deal on some leather so i need to sell some inventory!!!

I have

2 grey with black stitching auto shift knobs (origional dark grey color) 86-88 Grey Looks like OEM!!!!
2 black with red stitching auto knobs avaliable

All are really nice!!
If not happy i will refund the money and pay for shipment back (I try to make every transaction a positive one)
40.00 each plus 6.50 shipped!!!

Also still have
Red with black stitching manual for now 25.00 shipped.

These pricee do not include core. If you do not have a core it is 10.00 exra.
I take paypal and when payment is recieved item is shipped.

I need to get these sold by friday.
PM Me or email. First come first serve
--matt
joesfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2008 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post
Got mine the other day and man is that a nice job. Im going from vinyl to this leather and it makes a world of difference not to mention the quality of the product. The leather is very tight on there and the stitching seems fine to me. I think maybe he meant they dont line up at the top? Either way it is a good product and if I had more Fieros I would definitely buy from him again. Thanks and I will be sending my knob back ASAP.

-Joe
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2008 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Payment being sent later tonite.

Thanks!
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2008 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Still waiting on a dark grey manual
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2008 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
need more cores for manuals to be able to supply them. Any one want to sell any?
joesfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2008 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post
mine will be coming back soon.

-Joe
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
1 dark grey auto
1 black with red stitching auto
1 red with black stiching manual

These are still avaliable!!!
jgrotzin

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jgrotzinSend a Private Message to jgrotzinDirect Link to This Post
Bumping/Posting here too... Great work! Fast shipping... best of both worlds.

CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Received mine today after a mix-up and then an apparent loss in the mail.
Matt has been a GREAT seller. I would not hesitate to buy from him again, and the shift knob looks WONDERFUL!!!
I can't wait to get the time to get it in the car.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
thanks centex. I am still taking orders. I now have the dark tan color in for the tan for 85-87 fieros. I can do it for autos and manuals. I will have more pics soon.

Also if there are any people who are doing shows i am more than willing to provide items as long as i can get a core from someone.
--matt
PFF
System Bot
mikeformula88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mikeformula88Send a Private Message to mikeformula88Direct Link to This Post
So how much if we give you our old knobs. I have an 88 formula manual shift knob that id send you if i bought one from you bu i assure you it is not in bad shape at all it is in very good condtition considering the people who ownd the car before me did not take good care of it
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
Your old knob is required as a core. You can ship me the old knob i recover and put it back in the mail typical time for this is 48 - 72 hours turn around. Price is 35.00 plus shipping 6.50. Let me know what color you need.

or

You pay 45.00 plus 6.50 for shipping and i refund the 10.00 core fee if the core is in rebuildable condition.

[This message has been edited by mmeyer86gt/gtp (edited 10-28-2008).]

Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Mmeyer, I have an old knob from my auto 88 sitting here I can send you for a core if you are interested...I put a leather covered one in from an Olds Alero, so I don't need the stock one anymore...Even comes with that stupid clip that is hard to find if you lose it that holds it to the shift knob...

Drop me a pm and we can work out the specs...Its a vinyl knob, but I am sure you can cover it with leather still...think it was leather covered at one point or another, my steering wheel was...
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
all PM's replied. stay tuned i will get pics up on sunday this weekend.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock