WTB SUnbird Turbo Tachometer with Boost Gauge by FieroFanatic13
Started on: 08-01-2008 02:09 PM
Replies: 19
Last post by: blue88mustang on 01-18-2009 06:47 PM
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Anyone out there have a Sunbird Turbo Tachometer with the boost gauge in it that they'd be interested in selling? I would really like to keep a fairly stock look to my dash as opposed to adding on somewhere.

Thanks,

Gary
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Those Sunbird boost/tach combination gauge look nice and they fit like stock. However the boost gauge used on them is very innaccurate and uses a small display area. Do yourself a favor and buy a Stewart Warner or Autometer gauge and just mount it to the left of your speedometer console in a gauge cup.

------------------
87GT - 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 08-01-2008).]

sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetDirect Link to This Post
Don't you love guys who have to post to tell you that you don't want what you want?

I think I have a spare. Let me check tonight when I get home.
sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I couldn't find a spare.
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
Got one, it's a little dusty, I'll sell it to you for what I got into it. $60 shipped, I've decided not to use it.............. -Jason
skoon

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skoonSend a Private Message to skoonDirect Link to This Post
sorry to hijack but i to would be interested in one of these after he gets his thanx

------------------
84 gt project
86 gt project
84 daily
The junk yard is my zen garden
Future build "Ghost of Indy" i hope

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

Got one, it's a little dusty, I'll sell it to you for what I got into it. $60 shipped, I've decided not to use it.............. -Jason

Jason,

Can you send me a couple of pics of the one you have. I am very interested.

-Gary

EDIT to suggest posting here in case I don't buy it so that skoon can see them as well.

[This message has been edited by FieroFanatic13 (edited 08-04-2008).]

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

FieroFanatic13

3521 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Those Sunbird boost/tach combination gauge look nice and they fit like stock. However the boost gauge used on them is very innaccurate and uses a small display area. Do yourself a favor and buy a Stewart Warner or Autometer gauge and just mount it to the left of your speedometer console in a gauge cup.

Dennis,

I have heard this about the sunbird boost gauges being somewhat innaccurate. This will be working with a Miller Woods turbo set up, not a home brew, so I am not sure that having a completely accurate boost gauge is imperative as long as the waste gate is functioning properly and is set at a safe psi? I just want to have an "idea" what it's doing back there because it's fun to watch a boost gauge. But I am trying to figure out where to run the air/fuel meter as well, because that is a piece of mind gauge in my mind, so I may end up just going the add some "a" pillar gauges route, as we have discussed briefly in some PM exchanges I believe- but I wanted to collect up what I "might" use for the time being. Heck, maybe there's even a way to get the sunbird gauge to be a little more accurate?

-Gary

[This message has been edited by FieroFanatic13 (edited 08-04-2008).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sspeedstreet:

Don't you love guys who have to post to tell you that you don't want what you want?

I think I have a spare. Let me check tonight when I get home.

Not trying to advise anyone what they should buy. Just trying to advise what to expect. In the case of the GM combo tach/boost gauge, not much in the way of accuracy and gauge resolution.

------------------
87GT - 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
Not trying to advise anyone what they should buy. Just trying to advise what to expect. In the case of the GM combo tach/boost gauge, not much in the way of accuracy and gauge resolution.

Dennis,

I took your comments as constructive warnings. Sometimes people think something is "the greatest" because somebody else said so, and you were merely giving another view of the item. No biggie to me!

-Gary
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
I have an AutoMeter mechanical boost gauge in a pillar pod and the Sunbird tach/boost gauge in my dash. The Sunbird tach reads exactly the same as the mechanical gauge. I plan to remove the mechanical gauge and only use the Sunbird gauge.
PFF
System Bot
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2008 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
Here you go:

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2008 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Here you go:

If it's really just dusty and the face looks "new" under the dust, I'll take it. I'm putting this in a car with 28K on the clock and the rest looks virtually new, so I don't want a marked up gauge, lol. So if there is damage to the face or graphics at all, I'm not sure I'd want it at the $60 price. Maybe a bit less if I have to do some touching up though.

Please let me know.

-Gary
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Hello??? Did you decide not to sell the tach?
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
NO, I just haven't been able to get out to the garage again to clean it off for you...... Geez!
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2008 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

NO, I just haven't been able to get out to the garage again to clean it off for you...... Geez!

Sorry! It's just that it seems that all too often people around here say "I've got it" and then they disappear, LOL. Sometimes you have to remind them.
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2008 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2008 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
Sent PM wit new pic.-Jason
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2008 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Sent PM wit new pic.-Jason

Got it. You have a PM.
blue88mustang

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2009 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blue88mustangSend a Private Message to blue88mustangDirect Link to This Post
Gary - Thanks again for parting with one of your Sunbird tachs. It was packed very well and looks like it is in excellent shape.

Now I just need to convert it to work with a V6.

Positive feedback left.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock