Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Turbo 3.4L TDC Engine, 4T80E Transmission, Exaust, Powder Coated Cradle & More

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Turbo 3.4L TDC Engine, 4T80E Transmission, Exaust, Powder Coated Cradle & More by D2inDFW
Started on: 07-26-2008 04:49 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: AusFiero on 08-01-2008 03:05 AM
D2inDFW

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2008 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D2inDFWClick Here to visit D2inDFW's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2inDFWDirect Link to This Post
FOR SALE ON EBAY AT: HTTP://CGI.EBAY.COM/EBAYMOT...KSID=P3286.M14.L1318

Item number: 250275077302

EASY AND FAST FIERO UPGRADE

COMPLETE (FROM CAI TO EXHAUST) WEST COAST FIERO TURBO 3.4L TDC 24-VALVE CHEVY WITH O-RINGED HEADS AND 4T80E TRANSMISSION ON MODIFIED, STRENGTHENED & POWDER COATED CRADLE FOR A 1984 TO 1987 FIERO (ALL MODELS); COMPONENTS EXCEPT THE CRADLE CAN BE ADAPTED TO A 1988 FIERO; ENGINE & TRANSMISSION OPERATE AND RUN WELL; ENGINE STARTS INSTANTLY.

ENGINE: 3.4L DOHC (TDC) 24-VALVE CHEVY; CUSTOM INTAKE & TURBO PLUMBING FOR WATER COOLED BUICK GRAND NATIONAL GARRET T3/T4 HYBRID TURBO; O-RINGED HEADS; HOLLEY THROTTLE BODY; DENSO IRIDIUM PLUGS & MAGNACORE WIRES; STOCK COIL PACK AND MOUNTING BRACKET; CUSTOM WCF 3-INCH DOWN PIPE EXHAUST WITH SPIN TECH MUFFLER, DUAL 2.25” EXHAUST & MAGNAFLOW TIPS; ABOUT 37,000 MILES ON THE ENGINE; ALMOST ALL LINES AND HOSES (EXCEPT COOLANT HOSES) ARE EARL’S REAL STAINLESS STEEL BRAIDED OR STAINLESS STEEL WITH EXTENSIVE USE OF AN FITTINGS; AC COMPRESSOR, ALTERNATOR, AND DRIVE BELTS HAVE ABOUT 2,500 MILES ON THEM. ADDITIONAL FUEL IS ADDED DURING BOOST BY AN LINK CONTROLLER AND TWO ADDITIONAL INJECTORS IN THE INTAKE AREA. WIRING HARNESSES AND PC ARE INCLUDED.

TRANSMISSION: OLDS AURORA 4T80E TRANSMISSION PROFESSIONALLY OVERHAULED ABOUT 2,500 MILES AGO; POWERTRAIN CONTROL SOLUTIONS TRANSMISSION CONTROLLER (A $750 ITEM); FINAL DRIVE RATIO IS 3.73. ABOUT 2,500 MILES ON THE TRANSMISSION. CLICK HERE TO VIEW INFO ON THE PCS TRANSMISSION CONTROLLER:

HTTP://WWW.POWERTRAINCONTRO...S.COM/CONTENT-4.HTML

ENGINE CRADLE: MODIFIED, STRENGTHENED & POWDER COATED.

PICTURES DURING BUILD: HTTP://PICASAWEB.GOOGLE.COM...SSIONONCRADLEFORSALE

PICTURES AS IS: HTTP://PICASAWEB.GOOGLE.COM/D2INDFW/34ASIS

NOTE: THE PASSENGER SIDE REAR AXLE NEEDS TO BE REBUILT. THE ASSEMBLY DOES NOT INCLUDE THE REAR SUSPENSION.

NOT INCLUDED, BUT AVAILABLE: 12.5” SPARCO STEERING WHEEL AND TWIST MACHINE PADDLE SHIFTER.

THIS ASSEMBLY IS NOT BEING SOLD BY WEST COAST FIERO. HOWEVER, IT CAN BE SEEN AT WEST COAST FIERO IN TEHACHAPI, CA (CALL FIRST: 661-822-8111)

PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS; IF I DO NOT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL GET IT FROM WEST COAST FIERO.

WE WILL PREPARE AND ASSIST IN SHIPPING THE ASSEMBLY FROM WEST COAST FIERO IN TEHACHAPI, CA TO THE U.S. OR CANADA AT THE BUYER’S EXPENSE.

[This message has been edited by D2inDFW (edited 07-28-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a quality build but the addition of a boost controller and adding two additional injectors raises questions on the competance of the PCM programmer who set this engine up. With the right modifications to the fueling tables, turbo fueling can always be taken care of with six injectors or in the case of a V8 eight. . IMO the two extra injectors is the improper solution as they are not under full PCM control. Sorry if this sounds critical so just consider this comment my opinion.

------------------
87GT - 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 07-27-2008).]

D2inDFW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D2inDFWClick Here to visit D2inDFW's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2inDFWDirect Link to This Post
Dennis:

Thank you so much for the complements and constructive criticism.

I am also sure that the fellow who built this assembly will appreciate your valuation of his competence.

What can I say, except that it works well as is. There is more than one way to skin a cat, you know.

One way, a good bench or dyno tune, by someone like Ryan at Sinister Performance to get the max out of it. He recommends using the 1227727 3.1L Turbo ECM and his programming. Ryan, could bring this setup to the degree of near perfection you suggest, assuming of course that it is not already near perfect.

Whomever buys this will certainly want to tinker with it and there are many possibilities, but the hard work, skilled assembly, and craftsmanship is done with many quality parts in place for a quick and successful swap/upgrade.

If anyone has other questions, I will be happy to answer them. This is a sale, not a build thread though.

Pick up the Sparco Extreme 12.5” Steering Wheel and Twist Machines Paddle Shifter that I also have for sale and you are all set.

Regards,

David

[This message has been edited by D2inDFW (edited 07-27-2008).]

D2inDFW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D2inDFWClick Here to visit D2inDFW's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2inDFWDirect Link to This Post
Folks:

Some one asked about the transmission final drive ratio. It is 3.73.

I posted the info on Ebay.

Regards,

David
DCRFiero1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post
PM Sent
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Do the paddles turn with the wheel, or are they column mounted?

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

D2inDFW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D2inDFWClick Here to visit D2inDFW's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2inDFWDirect Link to This Post
They turn with the wheel.
D2inDFW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D2inDFWClick Here to visit D2inDFW's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2inDFWDirect Link to This Post
Someone on Ebay asked about installing the assembly into a 1988 car.

Here is my reply:

From my perspective, West Coast Fiero would be your best bet, but others can modify an 88 cradle or your cradle. To purely modify an existing cradle and fit the engine transmission to it would be less than $750. This would not include powder coating and the like, nor would it include removing your engine and replacing the engine into your car. You would have to work this out directly with WCF, though. They can be reached at (661) 822-8111; ask for Chris West.

WCF can also, install this assembly into an 84 to 87 car pretty quickly as it currently sits at the buyers cost.

Regards,

David
D2inDFW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D2inDFWClick Here to visit D2inDFW's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2inDFWDirect Link to This Post
As expected, bidding has not started yet, but there is a bunch of people watching the item with a huge number of viewers.
D2inDFW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D2inDFWClick Here to visit D2inDFW's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2inDFWDirect Link to This Post
Bidding has started!
D2inDFW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D2inDFWClick Here to visit D2inDFW's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2inDFWDirect Link to This Post

D2inDFW

262 posts
Member since May 2008
Auction Terminated

Sold to a gentleman from Southern California by West Coast Fiero.

Thanks for your interest.

The SPARCO EXTREME 12.5" STEERING WHEEL AND PADDLE SHIFTER is still for sale here: http://cgi.ebay.com/EBAYMOT...=STRK:MESE:IT&IH=015

Regards,

David
PFF
System Bot
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by D2inDFW:

Auction Terminated

Sold to a gentleman from Southern California by West Coast Fiero.

Thanks for your interest.

The SPARCO EXTREME 12.5" STEERING WHEEL AND PADDLE SHIFTER is still for sale here: http://cgi.ebay.com/EBAYMOT...=STRK:MESE:IT&IH=015

Regards,

David

I wish you had said you would sell outside the auction. I was REALLY interested.
D2inDFW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D2inDFWClick Here to visit D2inDFW's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2inDFWDirect Link to This Post
AusFiero and anyone else that was interested, the Ebay listing contained, "I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO END THE LISTING IF THE ASSEMBLY IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR SALE OR IS SOLD THROUGH SOME OTHER NON EBAY METHOD"

I Think that was fair notice, but regret if it was not clear.

Regards,

David
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by D2inDFW:

AusFiero and anyone else that was interested, the Ebay listing contained, "I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO END THE LISTING IF THE ASSEMBLY IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR SALE OR IS SOLD THROUGH SOME OTHER NON EBAY METHOD"

I Think that was fair notice, but regret if it was not clear.

Regards,

David

It was clear enough Dave. As I told you in private. My skim reading wasn't

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock