Started on: 07-24-2008 08:32 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: Saxman on 07-26-2008 04:59 PM
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
I just noticed that the joint where my cat converter and the lower elbow (below the Y-pipe) doesn't have enough area to attache to the cat. The connection there is more like the lip-to-lip connection from Y-pipe to exhaust manifold. I don't think it is supposed to be like that. There should be some overlap, right?

I don't know if the part is specific to 88's or not.

Anyone have an extra one laying around? Shipping is to 20601.

Back to the Formula swap!

Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
isnt that part of the cat?

yep, though so..

best thing to do would just be hitup pepboys for a like 2ft piece of straight pipe, and cut it to fit the section you want.

[This message has been edited by hookdonspeed (edited 07-24-2008).]

Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
On mine, there is a connection between the cat and the area just below the bend in the pipe you are showing. That connection is out of shape on mine. The cat pipe looks good, but the other side is not so good. It's so mishapen it looks flared.

I can take some pics tomorrow.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
exhaust shop time :P easyest way, or u can just go and buy some universal elbows and pipe pieces, but itll look like poo
sjmaye

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2008 04:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
I bought a whole new exhaust, so I have the old one. You can have it. The only question is if the previous owner cut it when they put on the aftermarket cat. This, I don't know.

Let me know how how long it should be and I will measure it.

I thought I read this pipe was different on an 88 from previous years. Mine is from an 88.

[This message has been edited by sjmaye (edited 07-25-2008).]

Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2008 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
I'll measure in a little bit. Thanks!!
carnut122

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2008 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by sjmaye:

I bought a whole new exhaust, so I have the old one. You can have it. The only question is if the previous owner cut it when they put on the aftermarket cat. This, I don't know.

I thought I read this pipe was different on an 88 from previous years. Mine is from an 88.

Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2008 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sjmaye:

I measured the pipe from the far side of the bend and it needs to be 9-11 inches (from the outside of the pipe, if you know what I mean). Maybe I need to draw something to be more clear?
sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2008 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Saxman:

I measured the pipe from the far side of the bend and it needs to be 9-11 inches (from the outside of the pipe, if you know what I mean). Maybe I need to draw something to be more clear?

I am pretty sure I know what you mean. I have not looked at it for a while, but I think it will suit your needs. Let me have a look today after the sun comes up. Please bear in mind as best I can tell this it the original exhaust (minus the cat). Should the the stainless, but it does have that surface rusting it does. I will get a pic while I am at it.

Steve

Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2008 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
Great! Surface rust is not a problem. That's the color scheme I have going on my exhaust.

If you have time for a pic, that's good. Otherwise, let me know where to send $. I do appreciate it!
sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2008 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
Shoot. Not sure this is going to work for you. It seems on the short side. Doesn't it? Looks like they had the same problem as you and used the coupling.

[This message has been edited by sjmaye (edited 07-26-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2008 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
Yup - wanna sell the coupling, too?
sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2008 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Saxman:

Yup - wanna sell the coupling, too?

Heck. You can have the whole thing. Want me to cut it off close to the cat and send it to you?
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2008 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
Do you mind? I'll PM my address.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock