1985 GT For Sale - 48K miles $3950 OBO by FieroFanatic13
Started on: 07-22-2008 06:29 PM
Replies: 38
Last post by: fierohobby on 08-18-2008 10:46 AM
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Okay everyone. Due to the purchase I recently made (see this thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/071800.html) I am forced to sell what was originally going to be me "keeper" Fiero. I bought it from an older gentlemen late summer 2006 and haven't driven it all that much since. It is a pretty much original car that was pretty well taken car of it's entire life. This shows in the overall condition. Here are a couple of exterior pictures, with more to come hopefully tomorrow or Thursday that show the interior, engine, and some close ups of the trunk sides and specific areas as you'd expect.

The pics I have now right off- the wheels on the car in the pics are not currently on it- it is wearing a set of 15" cross lace Fiero GT wheels currently- I am trying to decide whether or not to buy new tires prior to selling or let the buyer get their own tires after purchase- I also have the original 14" Hi-Tech wheels that came on the car as well. I don't plan to sell it with the pictured wheels UNLESS the buyer is willing to pay a little extra as they are nearly new and I have $500+ in just the wheels.

Here are those pics :

The Basic Info:

1985 GT
47,700+ original miles
Light Gray Metallic
Gray Interior
4 speed
Power windows
Power locks
Cruise (works)
AC (not currently charged, don't know if it would work if charged- hasn't since I bought it and I haven't attempted charging)
Tilt
CD (have original cassette player as well)
OEM wing/spoiler
***Comes with complete suspension rebuild parts lot- all ball joints, bushings, tie rod ends, shocks & struts, reman steering rack, poly cradle bushings as well as poly rear control arm bushings (wasn't sure whether to go poly or rubber in the back). This is nearly $1000 in parts if I recall correctly!

Notables:
-New O2 sensor this past weekend
-New Clutch Master Cylinder (original had leak) this past weekend
-New front brake pads last fall (about 300 miles ago if that)

The car runs great and drives well too. To give you an example, I started it once a month over the winter, and this engine is very tight still. NO noise at all even when starting at sub zero temps here in MI! I've used synthetic oil since I bought if anyone cares.

Interior is VERY nice for a car this age. Almost no warping. Tiny bit on shifter console and a little bit of it starting over the heater vents in the center stack console. Silver trim is in great shape. Seats are virtually like new on both sides. I personally really like the earlier light gray/dark gray interiors like this car has.

Exterior is also quite nice for age. Only a couple spots where clear is becoming foggy or however you'd describe it. Most is original I believe. I think the front cover was re-painted at some point, and the driver's side aero effects on the door and fender look to have been repainted in an almost matching gray paint. Looks fine to me for the most part but I'd prefer it match a tad better. I have no idea why it was done other than to cover some peeling of the original paint possibly. There are also a couple of bubbling/peeling spots by each headlight lid on the hood, by the corners. Would be easy touch up to make it look nice from a few feet away.

BTW, believe it or not, this car was actually Ziebart rustproofed by the original owner. It is a CLEAN car underneath!

That's it in a nutshell, but I'll post more pics, etc. as soon as I can. I've considered e-bay but I hate the idea of selling before someone drives a car.

Oh- the cat blew up inside last fall so I am currently running a straight pipe in it's place. This means it is not "emissions legal." Sounds really good IMHO though.

Asking $3,950 but taking offers too (Just don't get crazy). This is a VERY solid car overall and isn't a typical beater Fiero.

PM me with questions or post here if you like. I'd REALLY like to see this car go to a good home.

Gary
Big Rapids, MI

MORE PICS:

The paint by the headlights I mentioned above:

[This message has been edited by FieroFanatic13 (edited 07-25-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Just a note- I am willing to drive to meet buyers. Probably up to 200 miles or so.

-Gary
DAVES85GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DAVES85GTClick Here to visit DAVES85GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to DAVES85GTDirect Link to This Post
I was tempted to ask you if you wanted to trade for a Fastback, but I see you made another purchase...
Bump For one of my favorite fiero's the 85 GT ( the engine that should have been in ALL fiero's )

------------------
D A V E ' S
1984 FIERO SE
T - TOPS
AND
1986 1/2 FASTBACK GT

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by DAVES85GT:

I was tempted to ask you if you wanted to trade for a Fastback, but I see you made another purchase...
Bump For one of my favorite fiero's the 85 GT ( the engine that should have been in ALL fiero's )

I would have been save for the Formula purchase and the loan I had to take out to buy it! I'd really like to have a nicer fastback along with the formula. I have an '86 fastback, but it's of the $1500-$2K variety with 155,000 miles on it and has to go along with this '85...
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

FieroFanatic13

3521 posts
Member since Jul 2006
Does my car look bad in the pics? Or maybe my price is crazy high? Just curious as I've had no interest it seems. Many views and only one response regarding trade thoughts so far...

Maybe it's that I haven't gotten more pics up yet. Hopefully tomorrow!

-Gary

[This message has been edited by FieroFanatic13 (edited 07-23-2008).]

DAVES85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DAVES85GTClick Here to visit DAVES85GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to DAVES85GTDirect Link to This Post
Well, I would have to say mine is worth $3,000 realistically, it has 87,000 miles, new everything ( put $1500 into it in last 2 years ), only thing it needs is
a paint job to make it all shiny again, it is faded in some spots but not bad, from 10 feet away hard to tell.
I like the fastback but always have a soft spot for my 85 GT...

------------------
D A V E ' S
1984 FIERO SE
T - TOPS
AND
1986 1/2 FASTBACK GT

DAVES85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DAVES85GTClick Here to visit DAVES85GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to DAVES85GTDirect Link to This Post

DAVES85GT

697 posts
Member since Aug 2001
Well, I would have to say mine is worth $3,000 realistically, it has 87,000 miles, new everything ( put $1500 into it in last 2 years ), only thing it needs is
a paint job to make it all shiny again, it is faded in some spots but not bad, from 10 feet away hard to tell.
I like the fastback but always have a soft spot for my 85 GT...

------------------
D A V E ' S
1984 FIERO SE
T - TOPS
AND
1986 1/2 FASTBACK GT

DAVES85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DAVES85GTClick Here to visit DAVES85GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to DAVES85GTDirect Link to This Post

DAVES85GT

697 posts
Member since Aug 2001
Darn REFRESH button, sorry
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Bump because I edited the first post to INCLUDE the suspension rebuild parts I have accumulated!
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Economy, fuel prices... these are impacting what people spend money on.

Fastbacks are more popular lately... ?

886 & 87 SEs are popular and look like the 85GT...?

Just some thoughts.

J.

Originally posted by FieroFanatic13:

Does my car look bad in the pics? Or maybe my price is crazy high? Just curious as I've had no interest it seems. Many views and only one response regarding trade thoughts so far...

Maybe it's that I haven't gotten more pics up yet. Hopefully tomorrow!

-Gary

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Economy, fuel prices... these are impacting what people spend money on.

Fastbacks are more popular lately... ?

886 & 87 SEs are popular and look like the 85GT...?

Just some thoughts.

J.

The price of gas and how much money everyone has certainly impacts car sales, sure. And I would agree that most people are "looking" for fastbacks. I was just hoping that a lower mileage rust free car would interest somebody here. Looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and look at listing on e-bay.
PFF
System Bot
Renegade blob

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2008 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Renegade blobSend a Private Message to Renegade blobDirect Link to This Post
Some interior pics would be nice.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2008 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking more along the lines of driving to and driving back when buying a car. If you live further away, this has an impact on how much you want to spend for something. I know up here in the remote Soo, I budget my trips. A trip down would run about $50, then the trip back.. $50, plus another $50 for the fiero. Add in food.... you are looking at about $200 just to go pick up the car. Add in title transfer, plates, insurance (if adding as another vehicle)... all of these add up and the way the economy is.... it is hard to sell "to the wife"... if you know what I mean.

The car sounds great and looks really nice.

As for me, I am interested, but just looking at the information above.... it is hard to justify unless it is a really good deal, or something I really, really want. Just my $.02... well add in inflation too

J.

Originally posted by FieroFanatic13:

The price of gas and how much money everyone has certainly impacts car sales, sure. And I would agree that most people are "looking" for fastbacks. I was just hoping that a lower mileage rust free car would interest somebody here. Looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and look at listing on e-bay.

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2008 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
BUMP to add more pics!
DAVES85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2008 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DAVES85GTClick Here to visit DAVES85GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to DAVES85GTDirect Link to This Post
Maybe you should trade for a fastback GT and then sell the Fastback?
I couldn't resist...

------------------
D A V E ' S
1984 FIERO SE
T - TOPS
AND
1986 1/2 FASTBACK GT

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2008 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by DAVES85GT:

Maybe you should trade for a fastback GT and then sell the Fastback?
I couldn't resist...

If I thought that would work... LOL
Carrolles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2008 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrollesSend a Private Message to CarrollesDirect Link to This Post
Very nice looking car. The non-working A/C is quite often a deal killer.

Good luck
RickN

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2008 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RickNSend a Private Message to RickNDirect Link to This Post
What wheels will be sold with the car?

------------------
RickN
White 88GT 5spd
White 85GT Auto
White 99 F250SD 7.3PSD 6spd
1956 Ford 860 Tractor w/ Freeman Loader

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RickN:

What wheels will be sold with the car?

A set of o15" Fiero GT cross-laces are on the car and it will come with the original 14" Hi-Techs that came on the car...
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

FieroFanatic13

3521 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Originally posted by Carrolles:

Very nice looking car. The non-working A/C is quite often a deal killer.

Good luck

Maybe I'll try charging the A/C then!
spence87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spence87gtSend a Private Message to spence87gtDirect Link to This Post
I would like to look, but I am stuck here instead.
PFF
System Bot
Mr. Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. FieroSend a Private Message to Mr. FieroDirect Link to This Post
Interested in a trade? I have a very clean white on grey 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE Coupe with 87,000 miles, PW, PDL, and sunroof. New tires, struts, and stock mufflers. It also has a clean carfax.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Check your PMs.
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr. Fiero:

Interested in a trade? I have a very clean white on grey 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE Coupe with 87,000 miles, PW, PDL, and sunroof. New tires, struts, and stock mufflers. It also has a clean carfax.

I wish I had a need for another vehicle, but I am selling this one because I have to trim down the fleet as it were! I need to pay for the new Formula! Maybe if I thought it'd be easier to sell the Grand Prix than the Fiero though I would consider it!

-Gary
Mr. Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. FieroSend a Private Message to Mr. FieroDirect Link to This Post
I would like to get another Fiero to use as a daily driver, which is what the Grand Prix is currently. I have a 92 Stealth Twin Turbo with 58K that I don't drive much. Your Fiero looks almost too nice to be a daily driver, but I would love a stick shift Fiero to go back and forth to work (about 15 miles a day) because the auto Grand Prix is so boring to drive. Yes, it has the B4U package, so it is the better looking one. It does not have the 3.4L though. It has the 3.1L instead.

I don't know which would be easier to sell. The car market is slow right now in general...
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr. Fiero:

I would like to get another Fiero to use as a daily driver, which is what the Grand Prix is currently. I have a 92 Stealth Twin Turbo with 58K that I don't drive much. Your Fiero looks almost too nice to be a daily driver, but I would love a stick shift Fiero to go back and forth to work (about 15 miles a day) because the auto Grand Prix is so boring to drive. Yes, it has the B4U package, so it is the better looking one. It does not have the 3.4L though. It has the 3.1L instead.

I don't know which would be easier to sell. The car market is slow right now in general...

If I hadn't recently bought my sedan, I'd have been on this idea right away. I've always thought the GP's looked decent and they are easy to keep on the road as well. But, I need to sell this '85 because I need the cash, so we're both out of luck. Unless you sell the GP yourself and get some cash!
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Still for sale...I hate e-bay so I'm leary of posting this there...
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Bump
jpmurray

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jpmurraySend a Private Message to jpmurrayDirect Link to This Post
Its a great looking car. Would love to have it but have my hands full now with my 86 that needs everything.
My question-- Whats the info on the after-market wheels? Who makes them? What size? And are you looking to sell those individually?
Thanks and good luck on your sell.
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jpmurray:

Its a great looking car. Would love to have it but have my hands full now with my 86 that needs everything.
My question-- Whats the info on the after-market wheels? Who makes them? What size? And are you looking to sell those individually?
Thanks and good luck on your sell.

The wheels are RSL Elites in 17" x 7" wide with a 38mm offset. What is rare about them is that they are 5x100 and not multi fit wheels. Really makes them look nicer IMHO. These are LIGHT too- ups marked the boxes "15lbs" on each. I didn't weigh them personally to verify this though. Very good set up for the Fiero.

The tires are an off brand, "nankang" IIRC, in staggered sizes of 215/45/17 front and 225/45/17 rear, which is close to the diameter of the original 215/60/14's (though the 225's are close to .8" larger diameter which makes the speedo off by about 3.4% on a stock '85 GT. On a 1987-88 GT these diameters about perfect front and rear compared to the stock 15 inchers).

As far as selling them, I hadn't initially planned on that- the tires are close to new and the wheels are as well. Only a few marks on them and only used last summer (wheels and tires).

I might consider selling I suppose if the $ were right, but I was going to run them on my new Formula for the time being...
The_Ikon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The_IkonClick Here to visit The_Ikon's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_IkonDirect Link to This Post
nice car.. friendly bump
PFF
System Bot
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by The_Ikon:

nice car.. friendly bump

Thanks. I just wish I could sell it to one of the Fiero people here on the forum!

jpmurray

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jpmurraySend a Private Message to jpmurrayDirect Link to This Post
Looks like everybody's knee-deep in their own projects. Wish you the best on selling-- its a great looking notch. Post if you list it on ebay. You never know who might "wake up" for some bidding! Oh.... and bump.
vballman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vballmanClick Here to visit vballman's HomePageSend a Private Message to vballmanDirect Link to This Post
If I didn't have one already that had low miles (86 SE 46k) I would be very intrested as looks in a bit better shape than mine. bumming
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by vballman:

If I didn't have one already that had low miles (86 SE 46k) I would be very intrested as looks in a bit better shape than mine. bumming

I've gotten a few comments but no interest really which bums me out!

But, I will probably go the e-bay route since I'm not having any luck here...
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Very nice car. But no A/C, 4-speed, bad economy, etc.. you know.... Just hold on for the right buyer
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
If it was in Florida I would go as high as $3000 but couldnt go any higher. Its a nice car and would make a nice DD but once again its too far to kick the tires.
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2008 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

If it was in Florida I would go as high as $3000 but couldnt go any higher. Its a nice car and would make a nice DD but once again its too far to kick the tires.

This is exactly why I hate the idea of e-bay. I know people buy and sell cars there all of the time, but I don't want somebody unhappy when they come to pick up a car they never had a chance to look at prior to purchasing. I'm honest and all, but everybody has their own idea as to what "7 out of 10" or "mint" is, lol...
fierohobby

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2008 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohobbySend a Private Message to fierohobbyDirect Link to This Post
Bump for a nice car.

-fh

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock