1988 Rear Sway Bar set up FS - COMPLETE by FieroFanatic13
Started on: 07-10-2008 10:58 AM
Replies: 31
Last post by: FieroFanatic13 on 07-29-2008 02:49 PM
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
I have a complete rear sway bar set up for an '88 Fiero for sale. If you have an '88 that isn't a GT or a Formula, this is for you! It includes the bar (nice shape overall with just a few scrapes/scratches, the strut brackets, end links with what looks to me like decent poly bushings, and the "U" brackets that mount to the chassis (stock rubber bushings that look useable to me). You may need some hardware (nuts or bolts) but all of the harder to get stuff is here.

I recently bought this for my '88 Base Coupe but I just bought a Formula and will be getting rid of the '88 coupe so I am selling now.

Asking $120 plus shipping but that's not firm because I don't know what it's worth to anyone else. I'll consider ANY offers as well.

-Gary

[This message has been edited by FieroFanatic13 (edited 07-10-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
bamman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bammanSend a Private Message to bammanDirect Link to This Post
It's a good price, really. I paid a little more from Kick Hill plus shipping to Nova Scotia, Canada.
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by bamman:

It's a good price, really. I paid a little more from Kick Hill plus shipping to Nova Scotia, Canada.

Thanks for the bump and confirmation that I'm not asking way too much!
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Boy I would like to have that for my coupe, but truck sales have slowed down. Looks good.
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Boy I would like to have that for my coupe, but truck sales have slowed down. Looks good.

Check your couch for change!
connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
Yeah I need one too, but I'm poor lately. Vacation and a new family vehicle wiped me out.
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by connecticutFIERO:

Yeah I need one too, but I'm poor lately. Vacation and a new family vehicle wiped me out.

You guys are killing me! I keep seeing a post here and think "woohoo!" and then I get to hear how poor you are instead, lol! I'm POOR too! Buy my stuff!
unclemyke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unclemykeSend a Private Message to unclemykeDirect Link to This Post
sorry...'nother false alarm. what are you trying to get for the coupe?
fierov8

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierov8Click Here to visit fierov8's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierov8Direct Link to This Post
Hello Gary -- you have a PM..........

thx,

-jeff d
1986 Fiero GT/V8
1973 TVR 2500M
1977 Puma GTE

gunslinger

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gunslingerSend a Private Message to gunslingerDirect Link to This Post
I'm surprised it is not gone already it is more than worth the price you are asking,HMS sells just the brackets alone for $70 I paid $200 om ebay for mine.
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by unclemyke:

sorry...'nother false alarm. what are you trying to get for the coupe?

The coupe is likely spoken for by my cousin. He's currently trying to fix his '87 coupe but it needs an engine. We were going to swap the engine from my '88 to his car but now that I've bought a low mileage formula (another thread in general) he is thinking he'll just buy the '88 off me instead.

The '88 is pretty rough on the inside, but the body is in good shape (could use paint though). The interior was dorkified by the previous owner and IMHO needs replaced entirely save for the carpet and door panels (black painted all the gray except the doors and used purple accents on some parts). It runs good and drives down the road decent. Needs a brake job though due to sitting for a while.

The BEST thing about the '88 coupe I have is that it is AMAZINGLY CLEAN underneath. Spotless trunk and chassis basically. Most things still have nice paint on them. Only 115K and it came from PA. Maybe they don't use as much road salt as we do here in MI, I dunno, but this car is very clean underneath which, to me anyway, makes it a great vehicle compared to many that might look nicer on the outside or interior but are rotted away underneath. Much easier to replace the plastic or interior than to fix rust IMHO.

At any rate, I am rambling.

My cousin is giving me $800 for the '88 coupe as it sits- he'll pilfer interior bits from his car and then we'll scrap his most likely. If he doesn't buy it, I'll be putting it up here for sure though. I want it to go to a good home, as it should last quite a while given the lack of cancer to this point!

-Gary
PFF
System Bot
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

FieroFanatic13

3521 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Originally posted by gunslinger:

I'm surprised it is not gone already it is more than worth the price you are asking,HMS sells just the brackets alone for $70 I paid $200 om ebay for mine.

Me too to be honest. I put it up fairly low thinking it'd sell quickly. I've had a couple offers but I've seen just the bar go for near $90 and I've been pointing out that the brackets are a MAJOR bonus to what I'm offering here (and, as you said, they cost nearly $70 at HMS just for the brackets).

This is EVERYTHING you need to put a bar on the back of an '88 non GT or Formula...

I may just put up an auction on e-bay. I was just trying to offer it to one of the members here first.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Some how l missed this post...
FieroFanatic13 or does anyone have pictures of this assembled on the '88? This must come with the '88's GT & Formula. My '88 Notch (Iron Duke... RIP) doesn't have this.

And how much to ship to 32801 (Orlando, FL)

Thanks
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Some how l missed this post...
FieroFanatic13 or does anyone have pictures of this assembled on the '88? This must come with the '88's GT & Formula. My '88 Notch (Iron Duke... RIP) doesn't have this.

Thanks

You are correct. The rear sway bar came only on WS6 optioned cars in '88, which means GT or Formula. Here is a pic installed:

(THANKS to whoever I "stole" these pics from previously)

You can see the bracket and end link in this pic:

This is the bar on a cradle with no struts/brackets attached:

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

FieroFanatic13

3521 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Thanks

And I'll be boxing it all tonight, so I'll try to get a shipping idea for some people asap.

-Gary
eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayDirect Link to This Post
if he doesn't buy it I call dibs, let me know the total to 64050.

Thanks, chris
gunslinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gunslingerSend a Private Message to gunslingerDirect Link to This Post
Go Fedex and just wrap securely instead of putting it in a box as the shipping cost will go up ...... they charge by L.W.H plus weight
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by gunslinger:

Go Fedex and just wrap securely instead of putting it in a box as the shipping cost will go up ...... they charge by L.W.H plus weight

Thanks for the tip!
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

FieroFanatic13

3521 posts
Member since Jul 2006
Looks like it's probably sold everyone- I got asking price from one of our members.

IF that doesn't work out, I will be in contact with others who had interest.

THANKS!

-Gary
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFanatic13:
And I'll be boxing it all tonight, so I'll try to get a shipping idea for some people asap.
-Gary

What happened
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

What happened

Someone made a solid offer of my asking price plus shipping without requiring that I find out shipping first. Thus far I'd only had offers below my asking price or questions about shipping cost. eph_kay was the next offer of my ask plus shipping so he'd be next in line if the first falls through. I didn't see you make a offer- just an ask about what shipping would be which to me signals that you're unsure depending on shipping?

I didn't think I cut anybody out who'd made a real offer? Did I violate selling ettiquette????? I thought it was "first to meet my asking price gets it" or "best offer gets it if nobody meets my asking price?"

[This message has been edited by FieroFanatic13 (edited 07-11-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayDirect Link to This Post
I wouldnt say you did anything wrong, now if the guy gave you the offer after I said I would pay for it, that is slightly bad, since I offered the same thing sooner, but people do offer ask for a shipping price the not buy it because of that.

Otherwise if he gave the offer first he is first in line for it.

Chris
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2008 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFanatic13:
Someone made a solid offer of my asking price plus shipping without requiring that I find out shipping first. Thus far I'd only had offers below my asking price or questions about shipping cost. eph_kay was the next offer of my ask plus shipping so he'd be next in line if the first falls through. I didn't see you make a offer- just an ask about what shipping would be which to me signals that you're unsure depending on shipping?

I didn't think I cut anybody out who'd made a real offer? Did I violate selling ettiquette????? I thought it was "first to meet my asking price gets it" or "best offer gets it if nobody meets my asking price?"

Whatever... NP, I'm sure another one will come up somewhere.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 07-12-2008).]

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2008 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
jgrotzin:

Price to your zip should be right about $20 according to UPS.

I pm'd you as well.

[This message has been edited by FieroFanatic13 (edited 07-18-2008).]

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2008 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Bump for jgrotzin. Last call!

If I don't hear something by tomorrow night I'm going to start contacting the other interersted parties on this.

-Gary
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Bump-

I'll be contacting the others interested who expressed interest when I first listed this...
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
I'm in. Check ur PM.
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

I'm in. Check ur PM.

Go it and responded.

Looks like it's sold (again)!
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent!

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Payment sent!

THANKS!
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
FieroFanatic13, I got it! Packing sugestion for future packaging. The box had 2 big holes and one of the bolts came apart in the box (nut, bolt, washers, polys and metal sheave). Incredible that nothnig fell out!

Thanks

David

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 07-29-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

FieroFanatic13, I got it! Packing sugestion for future packaging. The box had 2 big holes and one of the bolts came apart in the box (nut, bolt, washers, polys and metal sheave). Incredible that nothnig fell out!

Thanks

David

David,

Sorry about that! Next time I'd probably put the smaller stuff in another little box and put it inside the bigger one!

Glad you got it all though, and hope it works out for you!

-Gary

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock