Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Ready to take orders! GT Sail Panel Window Alternative. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Ready to take orders! GT Sail Panel Window Alternative. by JimmyS
Started on: 06-28-2008 10:51 PM
Replies: 53
Last post by: JimmyS on 03-01-2009 02:51 AM
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2008 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

*CURRENTLY 3 PLAIN SETS IN STOCK READY TO SHIP*

1- These will be sold uncovered/unpainted for $160.00 + $40.00 shipping & handling.
Covered in Black Convertible Top Material for $260.00 + $40.00 shipping & handling.
Pre-Painted Black (only) Basecoat Clearcoat for $270.00 + $40.00 shipping & handling.
2- Minor finish work to paint if you choose to paint them yourself.
3- Payment can be made paypal to imezru1967@hotmail.com or by "Postal" Money order (PM me for mailing address). *** No extra charge for paypal payments***

*If you order them covered or painted then you need to allow an extra 5-7 days for shipping.*

*NOTE* No badges or mounting material is supplied.

------------------

My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-061575.html <~ The drama with kitcarman
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/078336.html <~ finishing and fixing kitcarmans mess
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079860.html <~ re-do after kitcarmans motor blew up.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 09-23-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2008 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
So how many have been ordered?
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2008 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Well to my dissmay....NONE! A lot of people wanted them in the gauging Interest thread but now that they are ready to be made, no one seems to want them. I sent PM's to everyone who said they wanted them but no one responded. Typical I guess. Seems to happen with a lot of stuff that gets made here.
84FieroVT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2008 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84FieroVTSend a Private Message to 84FieroVTDirect Link to This Post
thats too bad, someone could even put some glass in that little hole if they didnt want it open. If I had a fastback and the extra cash I would get one, they look sharp.
wiccantoy

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2008 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post
alot of people are probably scared off about doing the covering them self

------------------

DONE: 86gt 5 speed 4.9 complete rebuild with buds outback northstar pistons , delta cams E303 cam , full ported , polished , stronger head springs, and flow tested heads and manifolds. rockcrawl's custom chip , polished crank . too much to list

86 gt 350 4 speed
85 t-top BEING PARTED
86gt 4.9 highly modified
86 and 87 fiero database www.geocities.com/cwandall/fiero.html

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2008 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
Or are nervous about putting money down.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2008 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
jimmy, as soon as i see a pic of painted ones, rather then covered, ill probly want a set

i personaly just dont dig the cloth deal
but the price is def right if i remember correctly.
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2008 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
First, let me say I do a lot of custom work & make a few parts myself. A couple of folks here have bought my hood vent (& love it).
I like these peices. With the windows out on my fastback I thought about finishing the open hole myself: it's a nice look. (I made some louvers instead)
I think your major problem with selling them (besides a lot of folks not having the money) is the waiting period. Why pay for something if you're not going to get it untill 5 or 10 others have paid? If I were you, I would arrange for your manufacturer to ship them for you. Take him some boxes & bubble wrap, & when someone pays you, send him his money along with the address. He'll be able to get them out quicker that way anyway.
HTH,
Paul
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2008 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
OK, I just got off the phone with my fiberglass guy. I have worked out arrangements with him to get a few sets in my hands and ready to ship. He is also going to paint 1 set in Gloss Black. I will have these in my hands in about a week. I will post pics of them once I have them. The one painted set will be for sale at the price of $250.00 shipped. *****This will be the only painted set I will sell*****. I will also offer them pre covered in Black Converible Top Material for $290.00 shipped. No other color material will be offered.

First post has been edited to reflect the changes.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 07-04-2008).]

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
I am going up Sunday afternoon to pick up 4 sets. 1 of these will be a painted set.

I will post pics Sunday evening.
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2008 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Good stuff
I have a NB but I like the way it looks (painted) and it does "solve" the easily breaking plastic panel.
What do you guys think it would do to aerodynamics flow of the fastback?

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 07-12-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2008 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
honestly i think it wouldnt be much diffrent the the "turbo scoops" that are out there, might even eliminate the low-pressure pocket behind the window? probly not enough for anyone to notice unless they are going REALY fast.
still waiting to see the painted version tho..lol

[This message has been edited by hookdonspeed (edited 07-12-2008).]

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2008 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
I like the idea of being able to reach through it, ya know how much easier it is when the sails arent there to work on the sides?
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
OK, I now have 3 sets in my hands and ready to ship. There was another set in the molds but they were not quite ready to pull yet and I didn't want to risk pulling them too early.

The set that is painted black is by no means ready to mount. They will need to be re-painted. They were sprayed quickly just to show what they look like black. They will need to be re-prepped and painted again. Due to this..there will be no extra charge for the black set. They are still $190 shipped.

One of the black ones held up to a GT. The car has a set of aftermarket sails on it. These were held over top of the aftermarket ones.

One of the non painted ones held up to a GT. The car has a set of aftermarket sails on it. These were held over top of the aftermarket ones.

Non painted ones.

Remember I will not be painting these. It is up to the buyer to paint them.
If you want them pr-covered in material, the pice is $290 shipped. If ordering them pre- covered, you will need to allow me a couple extra days to get them ready.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 07-13-2008).]

Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post
What car were the GT badges from? I know you don't supply them, but the look of the badges are flawless w/ the covered panels.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bradley Jay:

What car were the GT badges from? I know you don't supply them, but the look of the badges are flawless w/ the covered panels.

The GT Badges came from a Grand Am GT
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2008 05:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
I am interested but...How hard is it to cover them??

Austin
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2008 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vendetta:

I am interested but...How hard is it to cover them??

Austin

It's actually very easy. Take them to your local auto uphostery shop and tell them you want to buy enough convertible top material to cover them. They will sell it to you. Keep in mind that it needs to wrap around to the back side of the panel. Then buy a can of heavy duty spray adhesive. Spray the adhesive all over the front of the panel and then apply the material to the front. Make sure it is tight with no wrinkles. Now flip it over so you see the back side. Spray the adhesive on the back alonf the thin part first. wrap the material to the back and trim off the excess. For the center opening...you will need to make relief cuts in the corners. I will post some pictures in a bit.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2008 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
I seriously like these, and want a set, but finances aren't conducive to me ordering them. They are rigid enough not to require plexi, right? Are they curved enough on the front lip so that they can be installed by themselves? I really think they are a durable, good-looking alternative to full fiberglass panels and dubious quality lexan replacement sails. I hope when my situation improves they will still be available!

------------------
John DuRette
Custom 85 SE/86 GT
"Kinda makes you nostalgic for a Members Only jacket"

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2008 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero:

I seriously like these, and want a set, but finances aren't conducive to me ordering them. They are rigid enough not to require plexi, right? Are they curved enough on the front lip so that they can be installed by themselves? I really think they are a durable, good-looking alternative to full fiberglass panels and dubious quality lexan replacement sails. I hope when my situation improves they will still be available!

Yes they are rigid enough and the panels have the same curves and shape as the OEM ones. The original plug was made right off a set of stock panels.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2008 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
God these look so nice, wonder if my wife would miss $190? - if I could a refund from one of the two people I've been waiting for over a year to make/finish Fiero parts from, I would buy these.

PFF
System Bot
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
<BUMP>
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

God these look so nice, wonder if my wife would miss $190? - if I could a refund from one of the two people I've been waiting for over a year to make/finish Fiero parts from, I would buy these.

No waiting going to happen here. I have them in hand. I can have them in "your" hands within 5 days of payment.
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post

Picked up my set the other day, they look great and fit well also.
Thanks Jim good luck.
Gary
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
I will buy an unpainted set if you still have one. Just let me know.

Austin
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vendetta:

I will buy an unpainted set if you still have one. Just let me know.

Austin

Yes I have one available.

PM sent
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Vendetta,
Your package was shipped today.
PM sent.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
TTT
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

PM sent

PM replied
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
Man, how did I miss this?!?!?!

Jimmy do you have any more?

Thanks,

Tim
PFF
System Bot
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BMTFIERO:

Man, how did I miss this?!?!?!

Jimmy do you have any more?

Thanks,

Tim

I just sold the last set I had in hand. I will have 5 more sets later this week. They are already made but I need to go pick them up. I will let you know when I have them in my hands.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2008 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Back On Holiday,
You have a PM
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2008 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
Keep it up, these are in my future.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2008 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
I now have 5 more sets in my hands and ready for shipment.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2008 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Bump for those who didn't see that I have more ready to ship.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2008 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Jimmy, heres a test fit!

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2008 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
wow.. that looks good!
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2008 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Jimmy, heres a test fit!

Your very welcome.

They will look 100% better once they have a "good" paint job on them.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 08-16-2008).]

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2008 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
Bump, I cant believe this thread went 9 days w/o a post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock