center console skeleton whats it worth? by wolf63
Started on: 06-23-2008 10:34 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: wolf63 on 07-02-2008 02:53 AM
wolf63

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2008 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wolf63Send a Private Message to wolf63Direct Link to This Post
I have a spare center console skeleton the concealed plastic bit that runs between the seats and up behind the radio and HVAC controls, no broken pieces, no cracks, no stripped holes-excellent condition (which from what ive seen is pretty rare). going a different direction with my console so this ones for sale. what is a fair price?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MEL H. JOHNSON

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2008 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MEL H. JOHNSONSend a Private Message to MEL H. JOHNSONDirect Link to This Post
$25 & shipping ????? MEL
Number 9

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Number 9Send a Private Message to Number 9Direct Link to This Post
Has it been sold?
wolf63

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wolf63Send a Private Message to wolf63Direct Link to This Post
Not yet, it's still available.
this center console skeleton would be just the thing for someone wanting to restore their console area. i can add pictures but i figure most people who would be interested in a part like this already know what it looks like
Cowabunga_kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2008 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cowabunga_kidSend a Private Message to Cowabunga_kidDirect Link to This Post
Well when I was buying parts from Fiero Factory a couple years back they wanted to charge me around $100+ for one due to the fact it is very rare to find one in perfect condition.
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2008 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cowabunga_kid:

Well when I was buying parts from Fiero Factory a couple years back they wanted to charge me around $100+ for one due to the fact it is very rare to find one in perfect condition.

They're not that rare... every Fiero has one, and maybe only half of them have negligible damage.. I've come across at least 10 by accident and I got my last one for $20..

Matthew
FieroJam

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2008 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJamSend a Private Message to FieroJamDirect Link to This Post
I would wonder how much it would cost to ship something that long and how well would it fair during shipping.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2008 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
I sold one for $40.00, then everyone in the post said they were worth $80.00. It really depends on what someone is willing to pay and the timing of the sale. If I see something I want that is more than I want to pay, I just ignore it. Other people might PM you and offer you half of what you're asking...
wolf63

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2008 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wolf63Send a Private Message to wolf63Direct Link to This Post
true enough, its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it...and what I'm willing to part with it for. both of my fieros and a couple that I've helped out on had skeletons that were completely thrashed or were held together with gallons of gorilla glue. granted both of mine were cheap and not cared for like they deserved but again..they were cheap:-)
as for shipping it undamaged, i work for a Stainless Steel kitchen equipment fabricator and we crate equipment for shipment around the world. a little foam, a little cardboard...a lot of wood crate and it should get just about anywhere in good condition:-)
daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2008 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM about the plastic center console skeleton! Thanks Daniel
daniel87fierogt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2008 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
I guess i wont get this one
PFF
System Bot
wolf63

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2008 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wolf63Send a Private Message to wolf63Direct Link to This Post
sorry for the delay everyone, been off line for a few days. the console skeleton is actually out of my son's Fiero and it looks like we were fed a line about its value. He is deciding if he wants to sell it for the going price (about $50) or just keep it for trade material at a later time. i should know tomorrow and will let everyone know. Either way, I appreciate everyone's input.
daniel87fierogt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2008 04:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
I will give you 75 shipped for it right now. I sent you a PM about it and i never got a response back. Please let me know, Thanks Daniel
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2008 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Trying to find one in mint shape with no cracks/stripped hole IS RARE! I have a spare that is LN and I wouldn't take less then $100 for it.

Originally posted by Matthew_Fiero:

They're not that rare... every Fiero has one, and maybe only half of them have negligible damage.. I've come across at least 10 by accident and I got my last one for $20..

Matthew

wolf63

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2008 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wolf63Send a Private Message to wolf63Direct Link to This Post
daniel87fierogt, you have a PM

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock