WTB: EGR Valve Cover by ShockWave
Started on: 06-03-2008 06:19 PM
Replies: 17
Last post by: Electrathon on 06-07-2008 11:15 AM
ShockWave

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2008 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for an EGR Valve cover for the 2.8L V6, can't find any off junkyard Olds Cutlass Cieras.

[This message has been edited by ShockWave (edited 06-03-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2008 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
Good used condition. $10, I pay shipping.
ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2008 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent.

[This message has been edited by ShockWave (edited 06-03-2008).]

project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2008 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Electrathon:

Good used condition. $10, I pay shipping.

Assuming ShockWave bought the first one, have you another one?

I could use PayPal if that works for you.
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2008 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
I only have one left, it has a scratch in it. Not that bad but not as good as the other one. If you want it, $6.50 I pay shipping.

Paypal is arw62@aol.com

[This message has been edited by Electrathon (edited 06-04-2008).]

WhiteDevil88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post06-04-2008 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
I've never found them on Cieras, unless they have a 3.8. Look for full size fwd GM cars like Olds Regency or 98. Anything with the 3.8.

With gas prices as they are, I can see $10 being reasonable, but I have bought stacks of them for less. I actually threw a bunch away after giving some out to fellow club members in OK. They shouldn't be that hard to find, if you look under the right hood.
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2008 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
A couple years ago I had stacks of them. I used to sell them for less too. The last year or so I have a heck of a time finding them any more. In the past I could find 10 in a weekend, now I have made numerous trips tot he u-pull-it and still not found any. I had one go for $42 on ebay a couple months ago.
86blackse

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2008 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
Electrathon
i'll take the scratched one if the other guy dont. just PM me and let me know and i'll send you the money instantly...
skstibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2008 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skstibiSend a Private Message to skstibiDirect Link to This Post
Seriously? People want these? I see them every time I go to a junkyard.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post06-04-2008 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
$42?! Was it titanium? Someone got in a bidding frenzy!
project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Electrathon:
I only have one left, it has a scratch in it. Not that bad but not as good as the other one. If you want it, $6.50 I pay shipping.
Paypal is arw62@aol.com

I'll take it. PayPal initiated and P.M. sent.

[This message has been edited by project34 (edited 06-05-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
Got mine today. Thanks Electrathon!

EDIT: After looking at it again this evening, the cover is cracked, but is still holding. I do not believe it was cracked when I opened the package it was in, so I'm assuming it cracked when I attached it. At least the engine still looks much better than it did without the cover.

Maybe one of Rodney's wheel hub decals will cover up the crack...

[This message has been edited by ShockWave (edited 06-07-2008).]

skstibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skstibiSend a Private Message to skstibiDirect Link to This Post
I made the EGR valve for my 3.2 look good. A little quality primer and satin black paint. These EGR's start looking bad after a while so I see why people like the covers.
I don't care if mine works or not, it just has to look good sitting there for emissions, Just gotta make myself a hollow cat.

Already have one person offering me something to nab on one of those covers, anyone else looking for one?
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
I am going to try going to the yard this weekend. I'll see if I make it. I suspect others will post a few soon now that there is intrest again.
Austin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustinSend a Private Message to AustinDirect Link to This Post
I have one, great condition never used because I have....GASP! some crappy Autozone brand EGR valve and the cover seems to rattle with it on.

$9.00 shipped anywhere in the U.S.

legend_of_sell-da is my ebay username you could send a message there and you'd get a reply from me.

edit: Part still available to any one interested. Paypal address is somy_x @ hotmail.com

It's either here or ebay it will go...

[This message has been edited by Austin (edited 06-07-2008).]

86blackse

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseDirect Link to This Post
i'll take it Austin
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post
They do look nice dressed up ....

Rich
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austin:
never used because I have....GASP! some crappy Autozone brand EGR valve and the cover seems to rattle with it on. .

This is a good point. Some of the aftermarket EGR valves are not the same size and these caps will not fit.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock