Started on: 04-30-2008 11:42 PM
Replies: 17
Last post by: Zman87gt on 08-19-2008 04:07 PM
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2008 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
I'm about to pull the V6 out of my 86 SE in order to do a V8 Swap. The V6 runs great and I was driving it daily up till a year ago when I started having some trouble with the clutch hydraulic system. I'm willing to try to get the clutch figured out such that the car can be driven before removing the engine such that the buyer can be confident that he is getting a good working engine. Mileage is 110K

For spare parts I have a second 2.8 V6 from an 86 GT that has been completely dismantled and in storage for 10 years now. Mileage is ~70K
Parts that I can remember are...
  • Oil Pan - No rust or dents
  • Block - Crated and ready to go
  • Rotating Assembly - Crank, Rods, Pistons
  • Heads - Still assembled and untouched
  • Front timing cover
  • Intake and Fuel Injection

I am open to offers on any or all of the parts. If I don't get a decent offer I will start listing the more desired parts separately and haul the rest to scrap as I don't want to store it anymore.

[This message has been edited by Jefrysuko (edited 04-30-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2008 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
Ok, here is a picture to warm everyone up.

[This message has been edited by Jefrysuko (edited 05-01-2008).]

Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2008 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
Bump again.

Maybe I should mention that I have ported the manifolds and added the Saturn Manifold stud kit on the running engine. It also has an IRM braided EGR line which I paid $100 alone for - Fiero Store now sells them for more. I also have a 4-spd clutch that could go with it.

[This message has been edited by Jefrysuko (edited 05-05-2008).]

Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2008 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
Bump again.

Come on, someone has got to want these parts. Please don't tell me that I saved most of this stuff for 10 years for nothing. Do I need to post a video of the car doing a burnout to get some attention?

Make me an offer.
myfierogt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-08-2008 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for myfierogtSend a Private Message to myfierogtDirect Link to This Post
Very interested in the heads, price?
fiero853

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2008 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero853Send a Private Message to fiero853Direct Link to This Post
If you still have the engine around 11-12 or 19-20 July I will take it of of your hands. PM me what you are looking to get for it. I might be able to take the left over pieces from the one that is dismantled also.

Gary
Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2008 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
Well, that's more like it.

Originally posted by myfierogt:

Very interested in the heads, price?

Well, I was hoping someone would want everything but how about $40 plus shipping for the pair. If you were able to pick them up I would be willing to throw some more parts for not much more money. See below.

Originally posted by fiero853:

If you still have the engine around 11-12 or 19-20 July I will take it of of your hands.

I'm really looking to get rid of everything before then but if your really interested I would be willing to hold the parts for you for a small deposit.

Originally posted by fiero853:

PM me what you are looking to get for it.

Well, I have gotten a few responses through PM asking what I am wanting for a price and I have been telling them something more than what I could get for scrap. So I called the local scrap yard today and found out what they will give me for it.

The going rate for scrap iorn is $245/ net ton which comes out to 12.25 cents per lb.
I think that a long block (block/crank/rods/pistons/heads) is around 350lbs.
That makes them worth ~$43 in scrap/each or ~$86 for the pair

So in order to try and get these parts out of here these are my prices assuming no shipping.
  • Disassembled motor (no intake/fuel injection) = $50
  • Running long block (no intake/fuel injection) = $70
  • Complete take out (oil pan to intake) = $100
  • Every 2.8 engine part I have = $150

If you don't like the prices then make me an offer.
Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
Last night while I was sleeping I came up with a few parts that I would be willing to take in trade.
  • 87-88 Fuel Tank
  • 84 4-spd econo trans
myfierogt

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-10-2008 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for myfierogtSend a Private Message to myfierogtDirect Link to This Post
Could you provide pics? I am 7 hours away from you and I would drive there and pick up everything at once next weekend.
Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by myfierogt:

Could you provide pics?

Yep, I'll get some more pictures posted.
BlackGT Codde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2008 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackGT CoddeSend a Private Message to BlackGT CoddeDirect Link to This Post
im right outside ottawa IL about where is this engine located im thinking about it
a spare 2.8 im thinking about converting an engine to my own custom fuel injection kit
and building the engine for turbo capability it would be nice to have some motors to
just swap out every once in a while
PFF
System Bot
Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2008 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
Check my profile. I'm in Monticello IL which is between Decatur and Champaign.

I ended up driving the car to the 25th Anniversary Show in Michigan and I plan on taking it up to the Fierorama the first weekend in September as well. After that it's duties are up for the year so I can pull the drivetrain. If you go to the Fierorama or Archies open house the day before I can let you take it for a drive if you would like to know how it runs.
squisher86SE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2008 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for squisher86SESend a Private Message to squisher86SEDirect Link to This Post
For those prices, let me talk to my wife, I only live ~ 3 hours from you. My 2.8 is getting a bit long in the tooth (183k miles) and tends to bleed all over the garage anymore.
Zman87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2008 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zman87gtSend a Private Message to Zman87gtDirect Link to This Post
If he dosn't take it I know I will take it all. I live about 6 hours away but will make the drive for that. Heck the last engine I got was from Illinios. Let me know what you guys deciede. Also I'm in no hurry so if you want to drive it for a while to more show or whatever thats cool to.

- Zack
Zman87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2008 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zman87gtSend a Private Message to Zman87gtDirect Link to This Post

Zman87gt

128 posts
Member since May 2005
If he dosn't take it I know I will take it all. I live about 6 hours away but will make the drive for that. Heck the last engine I got was from Illinios. Let me know what you guys deciede. Also I'm in no hurry so if you want to drive it for a while to more show or whatever thats cool to.

- Zack
Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2008 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by squisher86SE:

For those prices, let me talk to my wife, I only live ~ 3 hours from you. My 2.8 is getting a bit long in the tooth (183k miles) and tends to bleed all over the garage anymore.

Just thought that I would point out that the 2.8 that is still in the car has an oil leak or two as well. I don't want to give anyone the impression that it is in perfect condition. If I were to install this engine in another car I would at least replace the main seals and oil pan gasket. It does run well however and I don't see any reason it couldn't be reliable for someone else for another several thousand miles with a little maintanance.

Glad to see there is some renewed interest. Like I said I do plan on leaving the engine in the car until the Fierorama (7 Sept) such that I have a Fiero to drive. I will also start gathering all of the parts from the spare motor such that I can generate a better list of exactly what would be included in the sale.
squisher86SE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2008 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for squisher86SESend a Private Message to squisher86SEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

Just thought that I would point out that the 2.8 that is still in the car has an oil leak or two as well. I don't want to give anyone the impression that it is in perfect condition. If I were to install this engine in another car I would at least replace the main seals and oil pan gasket. It does run well however and I don't see any reason it couldn't be reliable for someone else for another several thousand miles with a little maintanance.

Glad to see there is some renewed interest. Like I said I do plan on leaving the engine in the car until the Fierorama (7 Sept) such that I have a Fiero to drive. I will also start gathering all of the parts from the spare motor such that I can generate a better list of exactly what would be included in the sale.

My engine's in the same boat, I would pick this up as an extra to build in my spare time to stuff back in my own 86SE

The wife says probably next paycheck will get enough extra $ for this. I'll take it all, let me know when you're ready

[This message has been edited by squisher86SE (edited 08-19-2008).]

Zman87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2008 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zman87gtSend a Private Message to Zman87gtDirect Link to This Post
If it falls through let me know.

Thanks - Zack

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock