Started on: 04-21-2008 12:39 PM
Replies: 17
Last post by: Tha Driver on 06-02-2008 04:27 PM
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
I have a bronze Indy Fiero pit badge for sale.
The stamped number is R360

PM me if interested.
If it doesn't sell by the end of the week it goes up on evilbay

Steve
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Make me an offer. I would like to see it go to someone on PFF if possible
It will be shipped from 03784 (West Lebanon NH)
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Bumparoo
TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested, but what are these worth? I'd hate to offend with a low-ball offer.
You'd likely get more replies with a price.

Oh, and..."Dibs!"

...For when you post a price.

~M

------------------
~Michael

"Your mileage may vary."
'85 GT 4sp white - SOLD | | '85 2M6 Auto red - SOLD | | '84 2M4 bare chassis - SOLD
Crap, I'm out of Fieros! Time to buy another!!

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TRiAD:

I'd be interested, but what are these worth? I'd hate to offend with a low-ball offer.
You'd likely get more replies with a price.

Oh, and..."Dibs!"

...For when you post a price.

~M

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-25-2008).]

Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
Steve,

Just because I am currious... Do you feel that this is worth about $12? What about $463? Possibly you feel it is worth $2367? There are so many variables. If it is worth $12, most people that are interested in it are not going to speek up because with the way the add is worded it seems that you are expecting a LOT of money to come from it (in my experience, if someone does not put the price in the add it is becaues they want above top dollar for it and the seller is embaresed to put the price in).

So how about a starting price? I am in for $12 plus shipping.

Aaron
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
You see, this is where I am----in unfamilar territory. I have a value and bid I posted in my 1st reply, but edited it out, as Triad spoke up 1st--(While I was at work-dang it). I don't know whether to state my offer or not-------not because the seller may be offended, but because someone else posted 1st. IMO, value is whatever any buyer is willing to pay at any given moment in time--how bad they want the item. I want this one pretty bad.
Is it appropriate to start a bidding war when someone else has already said they are interested in purchasing an item?
Will wait for another to show up.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-25-2008).]

Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:
Make me an offer.

Originally posted by maryjane:

You see, this is where I am----in unfamilar territory. I have a value and bid I posted in my 1st reply, but edited it out, as Triad spoke up 1st--(While I was at work-dang it). I don't know whether to state my offer or not-------not because the seller may be offended, but because someone else posted 1st. IMO, value is whatever any buyer is willing to pay at any given moment in time--how bad they want the item. I want this one pretty bad.
Is it appropriate to start a bidding war when someone else has already said they are interested in purchasing an item?
Hmm--guess it is. I'm in for $20 + shipping.

I was the first one to "make and offer" but now you have outbid me. Triad needs to speek up... Steve does too...
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
No, it doesn't say make offer. It says

I have a bronze Indy Fiero pit badge for sale.
The stamped number is R360

PM me if interested.
If it doesn't sell by the end of the week it goes up on evilbay

Steve

I did pm him, but no reply yet. But, I will retract my offer and wait for another one,
Don
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:
Make me an offer.

Sorry, I should have quoted this one.
TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2008 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
No problem, I retract my "dibs".

It would be more appropriate for people to PM him if that's what he wants.
I just thought I could draw a price out of him, I hate these "blind" ads. Especially in a community like this, they're pretty rude imho.

Just my $.02

------------------
~Michael

Concept page - http://www.michael-blue.com/IndyIMSA.htm
'85 GT 4sp white - SOLD | | '85 2M6 Auto red - SOLD | | '84 2M4 bare chassis - SOLD
Crap, I'm out of Fieros! Time to buy another!! - "Your mileage may vary."

PFF
System Bot
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2008 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
OK, well...I too have no idea what it is worth
I purchased it quite a while back but it's been so long ago now I don't recall what I paid, but I know it wasn't cheap even back then. I can only assume it is worth even more now...whatever that amount is LOL
So I figured in that case the best thing for me to do would be to get people to make an offer and the highest offer wins it. I checked on evilbay to see if any others were on there and what they may be selling for just to get an idea of what this may be worth in case someone asked, but I didn't find any that were up for auction.
I am not looking to get rich or make as much as what some other badge ever sold for.
But I obviously don't want to give it away either since I paid a nice price for it back 7 or 8 years ago.
I guess since none of us know what it is worth, anyone who is still interested just make an offer for it that you feel comfortable offering and then the highest offer at the end of the weekend gets the badge. Does that sound fair?

Steve

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 04-26-2008).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2008 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Weekend means ends Sunday midnight PFF time? I know what one sold for not too too long ago--here on PFF. A quirk in a search engine allowed me to see an archived Mall "Thankyou-it arrived" post. No-I won't say what the other one sold for.
PM sent.
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2008 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
OK, I received a variety of offers and it just so happens that the highest bid I actually have two offers that are the exact same amount.
So, the question is what is the best way to handle the fact that I have two identical high offers.
One idea would be to have them if they so choose up their offers and hope they don't both offer the exact same amount again.
The second idea which to me seems to be more fair is to select the winner based on which one of them sent in the highest offer first.

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 04-29-2008).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2008 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Don't know if I am still in it or not, but if I am, anything you decide will be fine with me. Will be no hard feelings on this end.
Don
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2008 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
OK, I will PM the 1st winner and if there is a problem I will contact the 2nd winner
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2008 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Received. Thanks!
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2008 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
Are we going to get to know the price or is the value of these things top secret?
Paul

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock