For Sale: '86 GT 2.8 Auto- $800 Christmas FL by ITALGT
Started on: 04-13-2008 04:04 PM
Replies: 23
Last post by: ITALGT on 05-03-2008 12:40 PM
ITALGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2008 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
Update: $600 takes it home... located in Christmas, Florida.

I recently blew my tranny out in my V8 GT and now I need the money for an upgrade... so I have to put this GT up for sale. I recently bought it from exoticse... haven't done much to it other than clean it up. It would make somebody a great project or parts car...

Here's the details that I know... exoticse would be able to tell you more if needed. The car is an '86 GT, been repainted white... paint is poor but most panels are straight with the exception of the passenger rear quarter, which got smucked into at some point (see picture below). The interior is partially gutted and seats are there but not bolted down... dash is actually very nice. Side-glass shows standard wear. The wind-shield is cracked... both quarter windows are missing.

The engine is in tact but appears to be locked up, and at some point the distributor was taken out of the engine and was never replaced. From what I understand the auto transmission is good. Brakes are in need of attention. Air conditioning worked good prior to being parked. Fuel pump is bad... as well as the battery.

Standard Pontiac 14" "turbo" wheels are currently on the car with very good tires... GT wheels are also included in the sale. Has a trailer hitch as well. Not sure on the mileage on the car... odometer is off.

That's about all I can think of right now. Anyone wanting more information or pictures, just ask.

Here's some pictures:

BRett

[This message has been edited by ITALGT (edited 04-26-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2008 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
BUMP and PS... I will include free powder coating to whomever buys this Fiero!

BRett
FieroCS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCSSend a Private Message to FieroCSDirect Link to This Post
WOW !!! All of my fieros are white and I want a GT (cant find one around here for that price) I wish I had the money and you lived closer to me.

Bump for the white GT

------------------
white 84 fiero 4 cyl
blk/white 86 fiero SE V6
blk/white 68 GTO

FieroCS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCSSend a Private Message to FieroCSDirect Link to This Post

FieroCS

241 posts
Member since Dec 2007
double post...oops!

[This message has been edited by FieroCS (edited 04-14-2008).]

ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
Just added the "OBO" behind the $800...

BRett
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post

ITALGT

994 posts
Member since Jan 2002
CARFAX:

Good News -- Vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee! No severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were ever reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 1986 PONTIAC FIERO GT (1G2PG9790GP270497). If you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

You must register at www.CARFAX.com to activate this free guarantee!

CARFAX Talking CarTM
The story of this 1986 PONTIAC FIERO GT (1G2PG9790GP270497) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This coupe has had at least 2 owners. The first title for this coupe was reported to CARFAX by a Florida DMV in 1993.
It has had no minor or moderate accidents reported to CARFAX.
It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.
It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.
CARFAX found an inconsistent odometer reading. CARFAX is uncertain whether this reading represents a rollback or a source-level clerical error.
It was not reported by a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback or LEMON.
Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

Report Summary
1. ACCIDENT CHECK

Total Loss Check No Severe Accidents Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Other Accident Indicators No Accident Indicators Reported
2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK

Truth-In-Mileage Check No Odometer Problems Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Odometer Rollback Check No Potential Odometer Rollback Found
Mileage Consistency Check Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found
3. LEMON CHECK®
No Mfr. Buyback Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
4. OWNERSHIP CHECK

Number of Owners 2 Estimated Owner(s)
Type of Owners Checked 8 Types of Vehicle Registrations
5. RECALL CHECK
PONTIAC Does Not Report Recalls to CARFAX
6. WARRANTY CHECK
No Data Reported to CARFAX
DETAILED VEHICLE HISTORY 15 HISTORY RECORDS REPORTED
Tell us what you know about this vehicle
Year/Make/Model: 1986 PONTIAC FIERO GT

Body Style: COUPE
Engine: 2.8L V6 FI
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Manufactured in: UNITED STATES
Safety Equipment: Active (manual) belts

Standard Equipment: Power Windows, Air Conditioning Optional, AM / FM Cassette, Power Brakes, Tilt Wheel, 6-digit Odometer
FREE to you from CARFAX. Additional information to help you make the right decision when buying or selling a used car or truck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for other 1986 PONTIAC FIERO GT vehicles like this one in your area?
Get a complete, up-to-date list of CARFAX Hot Listings

What are other CARFAX customers saying about this 1986 PONTIAC FIERO GT?
Share what you know about this vehicle - Add a CARFAX Customer Rating & Comment.
Total Loss Check:

GOOD NEWS! No severe damage events were ever reported by a DMV for this 1986 PONTIAC FIERO GT (1G2PG9790GP270497). If you find that any of the following severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Salvage Title Loss Due To Fire Title
Junk Title Flood Damage Title
Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Hail Damage Title
Dismantled Title Canadian Total Loss

Other Accident Indicators:

This 1986 PONTIAC FIERO GT (1G2PG9790GP270497) had no accident indicators reported to CARFAX from its sources. This section checks for accidents and/or related damage reported from many public and private sources. Not all accidents are reported to CARFAX. A vehicle inspection completed by your dealer or professional mechanic is recommended.

No Salvage Auction Record Reported No Crash Test Vehicle Record Reported
No Fire Damage Record Reported No Airbag Deployment Record Reported
No Frame Damage Record Reported No Damage Disclosure Record Reported
No Police Accident Record Reported No Collision Repair Facility Record Reported

CARFAX depends on public and private sources for its accident data. Each one of these sources has different processing times. CARFAX can only report what is in our database on 07.Nov.2005 12:14:45. New data will result in a change to this report.
Not all accidents are reported to the Police. Tell us if you know of other fender benders, accidents or damage.

Register FREE Guarantee
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post

ITALGT

994 posts
Member since Jan 2002
I just found me another Fiero GT for a daily driver and need to get this one moved... open to offers!

BRett
81 4.9L X-11

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 81 4.9L X-11Click Here to visit 81 4.9L X-11's HomePageSend a Private Message to 81 4.9L X-11Direct Link to This Post
I'm interested & in Ft Lauderdale.. email me.

Cheers,
Robert
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
Robert, email sent...

BRett
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post

ITALGT

994 posts
Member since Jan 2002
BUMP
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2008 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
PFF
System Bot
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
TRIPLE BUMP
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2008 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
Bumparoonie.... for personal reference

Sent you a PM
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post

ITALGT

994 posts
Member since Jan 2002
bumpity bump-bump, bump-bump....
nathrak

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nathrakSend a Private Message to nathrakDirect Link to This Post
Brett,
Can you email me some pics at 1986FieroSE@thelisterconsortium (or someone edumacate me on how I can take these pics here and send em) and I will forward them to my dad up in north florida and see if he's interested in this as his project car for a v8 swap.

Thanks, Jon.
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2008 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
Jon, PM sent...

BRett
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2008 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post

ITALGT

994 posts
Member since Jan 2002
Price reduced to $600... someone come get this GT before I pick it apart!!!

BRett
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2008 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
why do you think the engine is locked up?
When it was advertised before, the previous owner said it only needed a fuel pump.
Just curious.
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2008 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
At some point the engine was left sitting, and I was told that the engine was turned over with a breaker-bar to loosen the rings from the cylinders... not sure how long ago THAT was, but I can tell you that the motor is once again locked up. Tried turning it over with the starter with no luck... maybe it could be saved by soaking the cylinders, I don't honestly know. I just know that it's beyond my time/budget capabilities at this time...

One other thing about the motor, the distributor was left out for a good amount of time... the hole was left exposed. I'm pretty sure that wasn't good for the motor either...

So I guess you could say this GT needs way more than just a fuel pump. But for the value of the parts on this car alone, $600 is a steal...

BRett
PFF
System Bot
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2008 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2008 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
This Fiero is SOLD...

BRett

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock