V8 Fiero Buy Me! by NYfastback
Started on: 04-07-2008 08:50 PM
Replies: 30
Last post by: Richjk21 on 05-19-2008 04:48 PM
NYfastback

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2008 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NYfastbackClick Here to visit NYfastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to NYfastbackDirect Link to This Post
The car is on the road and I drive it. I think it is a well match engine for the car. The car drives 100% and gets about 30MPG
5.0 and an Isuzu 5-speed installed with the Archie V8 kit. 226 HP at 4500 RPM and 302 Torque at 3500 RPM.

The following items were installed. Clutch pedal, clutch hyd. line, slave cylinder, all new stainless brake lines, all new calipers, rotors, pads, ball joints, A-arm poly bushings, rear and front, rubber cradle bushings, rubber transmission mounts, new axle shafts, fuel pump, 305 engine rebuilt by machine shop from an 86 Firebird, edelbrock performer-plus cam, edelbrock 600 cfm carb, edelbrock performer intake, aerospace components electric water pump remotely mounted, 140 amp alternator, other items I might miss are all the items that come in the Archies Master kit. I have the Sanderson headers. 2 cats and 2 mufflers. 16x7 Kazera KZ-U Silver with 205/55HR-16 Pirelli P6000 on them. Factory wing with Factory bright red paint last year. Factory seats with no rips!

ONLY 6,800 MILES ON IT, YOU CAN NOT BUILD IT FOR LESS
EVERY MECHANICAL PART IS NEW
$5000.00 Takes it home

I am going to be at the Wakins Glen car show. 3rd annual NY Fiero Car show @ Harbor Bay at the end of the lake from 10am till 2pm April 27.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/069639.html

Take a look at some pictures
http://nyfiero.com/MembersGallery/V8car/
http://nyfiero.com/MembersGallery/V8_New_Paint/

(315)-963-3901 or E-mail me at shane_rhinehart@yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by NYfastback (edited 04-07-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NYfastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NYfastbackClick Here to visit NYfastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to NYfastbackDirect Link to This Post
bump
Boominator

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoominatorSend a Private Message to BoominatorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NYfastback:

ONLY 6,800 MILES ON IT, YOU CAN NOT BUILD IT FOR LESS
EVERY MECHANICAL PART IS NEW
$5000.00 Takes it home

I am going to be at the Wakins Glen car show. 3rd annual NY Fiero Car show @ Harbor Bay at the end of the lake from 10am till 2pm April 27.

Shane,
I should buy your car - at least it runs, which is more than I can say for my V8!!!
Nice car.
See you @ Watkins,
Boomer

NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIERODirect Link to This Post
I can vouch that this car has been built in the correct manner and is FAST.
The paint / archie kit are worth the sale price.
The custom exhaust work is flawless. and 50 state legal.
The frame is as black as it was when it came off the assembly line in 83/84. If one is turned off by the 84 factor simply remember that for a small amount of work this can can be a fastback / gt / aero or whatever else. If my wife would let me I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Ah..... I wish...
hehehe
timg

Tons of pics of that car can be seen @ http://nyfiero.com
DAVES85GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DAVES85GTClick Here to visit DAVES85GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to DAVES85GTDirect Link to This Post
Is thier a custom vent or screen that goes over the back where the air cleaner is?
could have left the 84 vent decklid and 85 side vents would have been good air flow and
protected stuff comming in thier.
Would you consider trading anything? Have 2 fieros,
were is Mexico NY?

------------------
D A V E ' S
1984 FIERO SE
T - TOPS
AND
1986 1/2 FASTBACK GT

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Bump because I wish I had 5 grand!
NATO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NATOSend a Private Message to NATODirect Link to This Post
e-mail sent
NYfastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NYfastbackClick Here to visit NYfastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to NYfastbackDirect Link to This Post
It does not have anything covering the engine now. I do have the parts to make it complete just have not done it yet. Would take about 2 days to complete.
I need to sell the Fiero so I can get a garage built. I store the car at my parents house (LAMO!!!)

[This message has been edited by NYfastback (edited 04-14-2008).]

NATO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2008 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NATOSend a Private Message to NATODirect Link to This Post
Bump for a great looking V8 project.

------------------
- 86 Fiero GT, 4 spd.

NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2008 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DAVES85GT:

Is thier a custom vent or screen that goes over the back where the air cleaner is?
could have left the 84 vent decklid and 85 side vents would have been good air flow and
protected stuff comming in thier.
Would you consider trading anything? Have 2 fieros,
were is Mexico NY?

It's just south of Lake ontario and north of syracuse ny.... aka in the middle of nowhere.. (and where I live)
Its about 2& 1/4 hours from where you live.
Been there a million times too... well to buffalo anyway...

Lockport N.Y right?

[This message has been edited by NY_FIERO (edited 04-16-2008).]

NYfastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2008 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NYfastbackClick Here to visit NYfastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to NYfastbackDirect Link to This Post
OK the deck lid is done and has a gas strut on it and a stick LED light. The 84 flat black vents are back on now. I did install the bright red powder coated valve covers. I wall have some pictures soon.

[This message has been edited by NYfastback (edited 04-18-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIERODirect Link to This Post
up all nite' workin' on the fiero?
megafreakindeth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for megafreakindethSend a Private Message to megafreakindethDirect Link to This Post
my friend might want this, are you willing to meet partially betwee ny and va?
NYfastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NYfastbackClick Here to visit NYfastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to NYfastbackDirect Link to This Post
Hummm 4 1/2 hours to va that is if you are on the border! What city? I can meet half way.
Yea Tim making the deck lid at night sucks when you don't have a garage!

[This message has been edited by NYfastback (edited 04-20-2008).]

NYfastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NYfastbackClick Here to visit NYfastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to NYfastbackDirect Link to This Post
bump
NATO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NATOSend a Private Message to NATODirect Link to This Post
Any updated pics?
NYfastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NYfastbackClick Here to visit NYfastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to NYfastbackDirect Link to This Post
Saturday I will have some pictures. I did get the deck lid finished. I will say I am very impressed with the function and looks of the modifications. Not only did I get it to look factory, but it even has a hood release and a gas strut to hold it up. I painted it flat black along with the two side vents. The hole car looks like a stock 84. The duel cats and mufflers are hidden and the car is actually quieter the the stock 4-cylinder, until you get on it anyway.
NYfastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2008 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NYfastbackClick Here to visit NYfastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to NYfastbackDirect Link to This Post
Ok I took some pictures!!!

It has a pull latch just like the front to open it. I took the pictures after it rained so it's not the cleanest.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by NYfastback (edited 05-06-2008).]

t697

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2008 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for t697Send a Private Message to t697Direct Link to This Post
wow awesome mod.
NYfastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NYfastbackClick Here to visit NYfastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to NYfastbackDirect Link to This Post
Thanks I spent little time on it. If you cut the deck in the right spot you don't need to do much sanding. Just round the corners and paint. I used the latch and spring from the front of a fiero and the long bar on the decklid is from my craftsman toolbox (the bar to lock the doors!!) I just notched the fiberglass and slid it in. I have one side bent so it will not move. But will easily come out if you slide it to the right. In all just one day thinking and one day doing.

Shane
My84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2008 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My84Click Here to visit My84's HomePageSend a Private Message to My84Direct Link to This Post
Bump. Very nice car! Wish i had 5 grand too! Good Luck
PFF
System Bot
NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIERODirect Link to This Post
Shane has a nice eye for detail and is creative as well.
Someone needs to buy this before I make my wife sell her car and buy it....
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
Ok, i'm curious how you get into the trunk area.
Acesurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AcesurferClick Here to visit Acesurfer's HomePageSend a Private Message to AcesurferDirect Link to This Post
bump
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

Ok, i'm curious how you get into the trunk area.

was just trying to figure out the same thing.

Rich
NYfastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2008 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NYfastbackClick Here to visit NYfastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to NYfastbackDirect Link to This Post
I have two ( L ) brackets and bolts holding it down from the firewall side. I just use the key and lift it up. It's not a heavy anymore!!
The only thing in the trunk is two BIG mufflers so there is no reason to get in.

I will sell the car for $4500 without the rims and tires. I have the original aluminum 14's with new BF Goodwrench tires on them.
MetroMatt

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2008 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MetroMattClick Here to visit MetroMatt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MetroMattDirect Link to This Post
bump for an email sent...
NYfastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2008 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NYfastbackClick Here to visit NYfastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to NYfastbackDirect Link to This Post
MetroMatt was the winner of a 1984 V8 Fiero!!!!!
He drove 8 hours to get it and then drove the car 11 or so hours home! I hope his back it ok!!
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2008 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post
8 hours out .... 11 hours back ... it just don't add up

J/K Happy for the new owner.

[This message has been edited by Richjk21 (edited 05-17-2008).]

MetroMatt

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2008 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MetroMattClick Here to visit MetroMatt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MetroMattDirect Link to This Post
Yep I got it home!! My back wasn't too bad.

It took me 9 hours to drive from ft campbell, ky to toledo, oh where i rested for a day, then 8 hours from toledo to weedsport, ny and then 8 hours back to toledo, oh and we rested again, and then 9 hours back to ft campbell, ky.

I got it with like 7010 miles on the odo, and parked it with 8006. Something like 976 miles on the trip odomoeter, which was way cool.

It was fast, beautifuly done, and I'm really happy I made the trip. Shane was great, he even met me an hour outside of where he lived, which saved me 2 hours. I had to listen to my ipod with headphones on the ridiculously long drive home, but it was all fun. Me and the wife bought 2 way radios like 100 miles out of weedsport and entertained ourselves with those.

Its sitting in my driveway now, on jack stands, all four pretty tires in the air, I washed and waxed it and cleaned the rims before I parked it. Tarped up, underneath a carport, battery unhooked, a full tank of gas and sta-bil in the tank. I'm gonna miss it, but it'll be there for me. I'm sitting in Atlanta, waiting on my flight to iraq right now, typing all this out. I'll be back in about 6 months. But at least now I can spend my off time over there buying parts for the car, hahaha

Sorry, a bit long but I like my car.

Matt Hanson
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2008 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post
Great post, and sounds like you got a great car!!!

Thank you for your service, and as a vet I mean that, truely.

2 way radios, huh .... Ohhhhhhh one of those conversations

Take care, and keep your head down.

Rich
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay