FS: 1988 GT exellent show condition, beauty by 88GTFormula
Started on: 02-26-2008 12:32 AM
Replies: 31
Last post by: FieroBobo on 03-11-2008 11:30 PM
88GTFormula

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2008 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
1988 Fiero GT with spoiler, automatic transmission, sunroof, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, cruise control, AC and sunroof sunshade which is in amazing condition (sunshade bag as well). A remote door/trunk opener was installed, as well as daytime running lights. The seats are rare original 88 leather seats with a comfy seat heater in the drivers seat, The interior is in exellent condition (no dash cracks and ORIGINAL floor mats in exellent shape). The prior owners known have never driven it in snow or salty conditions to my knowledge including myself. The factory sub-woofer has a new sub-woofer speaker. Late model Pontiac cassette radio which also controls the GM 6 CD changer mounted underneath the dash on the passanger side and is in exellent working order. The Steering Wheel is firm and excellent condition. This GT has been garaged for the last 12 years that I know of and quite possibly longer. There is no rust on the sheet metal. Original paint and has never has been wrecked. Taillights are in excellent condition. Quarter windows were replaced with OEM windows and are in excellent condition. Wheels have been refinished and do not have any curb rash. Front and rear Michelin Pilot tires are the correct sizes. Runs great! The engine has been maintained and detailed in appearance to be correct with original plug wires for example for the 88 GT class in car shows. Mechanically the only non-factory part is a replacement high flow catalytic converter. Air conditioning worked when Freon was last added but most likely needs a new compressor. Dew wipes have been replaced with OEM parts. The roller on the upper hinge on the drivers door needs replaced (rodney dickman sells a great kit that would do the trick). the spoiler gaskets have been replaced with OEM gaskets. Trunk compartment weather strip is in like new condition, not tears or delaminations etc.

I hate to have to sell this car, but I'm getting married in May and just simply can't keep it. we're hoping to buy a home and start a family... Its by all means a show worthy car; has been absolutely babyed (pictures simply don't do this car justice) Theres 9 trophies plus a a few plagues that also go with the car if your interested in them... Asking $7500 Obo

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 02-26-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ardenQ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2008 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ardenQSend a Private Message to ardenQDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88GTFormula:

1988 Fiero GT with spoiler, automatic transmission, sunroof, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, cruise control, AC and sunroof sunshade which is in amazing condition (sunshade bag as well). A remote door/trunk opener was installed, as well as daytime running lights. The seats are rare original 88 leather seats with a comfy seat heater in the drivers seat, The interior is in exellent condition (no dash cracks and ORIGINAL floor mats in exellent shape). The prior owners known have never driven it in snow or salty conditions to my knowledge including myself. The factory sub-woofer has a new sub-woofer speaker. Late model Pontiac cassette radio which also controls the GM 6 CD changer mounted underneath the dash on the passanger side and is in exellent working order. The Steering Wheel is firm and excellent condition. This GT has been garaged for the last 12 years that I know of and quite possibly longer. There is no rust on the sheet metal. Original paint and has never has been wrecked. Taillights are in excellent condition. Quarter windows were replaced with OEM windows and are in excellent condition. Wheels have been refinished and do not have any curb rash. Front and rear Michelin Pilot tires are the correct sizes. Runs great! The engine has been maintained and detailed in appearance to be correct with original plug wires for example for the 88 GT class in car shows. Mechanically the only non-factory part is a replacement high flow catalytic converter. Air conditioning worked when Freon was last added but most likely needs a new compressor. Dew wipes have been replaced with OEM parts. The roller on the upper hinge on the drivers door needs replaced (rodney dickman sells a great kit that would do the trick). the spoiler gaskets have been replaced with OEM gaskets. Trunk compartment weather strip is in like new condition, not tears or delaminations etc.

I hate to have to sell this car, but I'm getting married in May and just simply can't keep it. we're hoping to buy a home and start a family... Its by all means a show worthy car; has been absolutely babyed (pictures simply don't do this car justice) Theres 9 trophies plus a a few plagues that also go with the car if your interested in them... Asking $7500 Obo

How many miles?
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2008 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ardenQ:

How many miles?

97,644 thanks for pointing that out

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 02-27-2008).]

2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2008 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvDirect Link to This Post
How many cans of Lysol do you think it would take to get rid of the plagues? That would suck to get sick and die because you bought a car as nice as this one...

Unless you meant plaques...
sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2008 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2002z28ssconv:

How many cans of Lysol do you think it would take to get rid of the plagues? That would suck to get sick and die because you bought a car as nice as this one...

LOL!
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2008 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2002z28ssconv:

LOL, yea... spelling isnt all that much of a forte' for myself (as you've noticed i see) but good for an occasional laugh sometimes... Thanks, I needed that today, it was another long one. just needed a good laugh.

nicely put lol
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2008 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
blackie2m6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2008 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Direct Link to This Post
$7500.00 OBO, that's quite a bit more than you payed for the car a few months ago, isn't it?

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/039472.html
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2008 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackie2m6:

$7500.00 OBO, that's quite a bit more than you payed for the car a few months ago, isn't it?

I thought that this was the same car. I had the chance to buy this before it was actually advertised for sale.....wish I could have swung the deal.
ardenQ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2008 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ardenQSend a Private Message to ardenQDirect Link to This Post
Would you take 5,000?
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2008 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackie2m6:

$7500.... OBO= Or Best Offer

and yes, I paid $4500 on this amazing car (yea i got a steal) If i had anything to hide I wouldn't have tried to re-sell it here on PFF where I bought it. But if you'd like go aheard and click on the link and please do ready the whole thread. pictures still don't do the car justice...

I'd love nothing less to sell the car to a fellow forum member, and even better yet someone who will take car of the car as it has been the past 20 years. (i don't need to sell it, really really really bad. but getting married buying a house, down payments, etc blah blah. every little bit i can get to help with those bills the better.)

I'll simply say this, you pay what you think its worth, but there is one offer on the car right now. I am getting ready to respond to directly after this thread. may the person that gets this car be as pleased with it as myself... If you know dave 'aka. skitime' this was his wifes car, and she was quite clean with her car(s) and no doubt still is. they take extremely good car of their vehicles. any doubt at all, come look at the 88GT it'd be my honor...

anyway, yes, i paid less than what im asking but the clause obo is there as well which im about to address (refer to my next post) and signature for another small link / tid bit on the car.

~Tim

------------------

My 88 GT Build-Up Thread
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068112.html

PFF
System Bot
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004

Originally posted by ardenQ:

Would you take 5,000?

I'll check on the intrest paid on the loan. (but im sure thats pretty close to what i've got into the car) I definately won't sell it loosing anything on it. (its seriosly the nicest 88GT as far as condition I've ever seen)

Hows $5,500? Get back to me on that and I'm sure we can work something out

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 02-28-2008).]

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2008 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2008 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
The 88's on ebay. Heres the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2008 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
8 days left till the end of the auction... The reserve is set lower than the asking price on here
summerjim

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for summerjimClick Here to visit summerjim's HomePageSend a Private Message to summerjimDirect Link to This Post
$9800 buy it now... wow. that's quite a profit.
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
up top...
typhoon

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2008 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonDirect Link to This Post
Too bad it's not a 5 speed. I'd buy it and do V8 swap.
FieroBobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboDirect Link to This Post
Tim,

Is the car still for sale?
You have a PM.

-- Bob R.

------------------
"Its nice to be important.
Its more important to be nice."

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroBobo:

Tim,

Is the car still for sale?
You have a PM.

-- Bob R.

Back atcha Bob. Thanks
PFF
System Bot
FieroBobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboDirect Link to This Post
Tim,

You have a PM from me.

-Bob R.

------------------
"Its nice to be important.
Its more important to be nice."

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
Another PM sent your way Bob
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2008 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
2 days 10 hours left...
FieroBobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboDirect Link to This Post
Tim,

You have a PM.

Bob
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
Well, the car has met the reserve at $5500 on ebay as of this morning. It has 1 day 14 hours untill the end of the auction...
FieroBobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboDirect Link to This Post
The reserve price being met is probably why you couldn't end the auction.
Bob
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

The reserve price being met is probably why you couldn't end the auction.
Bob

Yes, most likely... I took off work today to call ebay and try to get it off ebay for you to buy it for our agreed price, but no luck getting it off yet as you see...
FieroBobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboDirect Link to This Post
Tim,
You have 1 or 2 PMs from me.
Sent user ID you requested. Wondering Why?

I would like to call this afternoon/evening, when would be best for you?

-Bob
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Tim,
You have 1 or 2 PMs from me.
Sent user ID you requested. Wondering Why?

I would like to call this afternoon/evening, when would be best for you?

-Bob

call between now and the auctions end if youd like. but make sure u call my home. not my cell, my cell doesnt have any service at home...

you've got 2 pms from me.

1 hour 21 minutes left...
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004
Congrats Bob, glad a fellow forum member got her
PFF
System Bot
FieroBobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboDirect Link to This Post
Yes. I too am pleased that I won the auction.

Now I have 2 white 1988 Fiero GTs.

All that we have to do now is deal with the bank, the title, NJ DMV etc, etc, etc.

I just can't wait to actually drive the car.

~~Bob

P.S. My wife is now absolutely certain that I am completely CRAZY.. (And I think she might be right.)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock