WTB: 88 Steering column by IROC
Started on: 02-07-2008 06:39 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: IROC on 02-21-2008 06:37 PM
IROC

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCSend a Private Message to IROCDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for an 88 steering column with tilt. If someone happens to have one disassembled and is willing to part with the steering shaft itself that would be even better. Give me a price with shipping to 01907. Thanks

[This message has been edited by IROC (edited 02-07-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Let me get back with you in the morning. I think the one that I have is tilt.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
It's gone to the crusher. PM Madess, he may have one.
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
ALL 1984-1988 fiero steering columns should be the same, however, that being said, some have the delay wipers some dont, and some have cruise and some dont, the cruise is controled in the stalk, so thats easily added, but you'd have to change the wiper control board inside if you got the one with/without delay and yours was different, there are probably less than 5% of fiero's with NON tilt columns, so you wont have to worry much about that.

matthew

i wish i had a good one, but my extra column has the bad wobble to it.

matthew
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
The wobble is easily fixed.
Do a search on "Loose Steering Column" and you'll find tons of info and pics on how to fix it.
IROC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCSend a Private Message to IROCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

The wobble is easily fixed.
Do a search on "Loose Steering Column" and you'll find tons of info and pics on how to fix it.

The wobble is more like a broken steering shaft. This one can't be fixed. I need a column or at least the steering shaft.
Msaby

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MsabySend a Private Message to MsabyDirect Link to This Post
You can always swap in a newer column from a 2000-2006 chevy Cavailer it is almost a bolt in swap. The wiring set-up will take you some time but there is information out on the web if you look. I am in the middle of my swap currently. It is nice to have a more "modern" looking turnsignal/ controls. I paid $25 for my tilt column with all the controls, steering wheel, key but no air bag.

I do have a fiero steering column if you are interested one is a tilt and one is a non tilt. 84-87 model

Thanks
Mike

[This message has been edited by Msaby (edited 02-08-2008).]

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post02-08-2008 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 04-14-2009).]

Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2008 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Msaby:
You can always swap in a newer column from a 2000-2006 chevy Cavailer it is almost a bolt in swap. The wiring set-up will take you some time but there is information out on the web if you look. I am in the middle of my swap currently. It is nice to have a more "modern" looking turnsignal/ controls. I paid $25 for my tilt column with all the controls, steering wheel, key but no air bag.

Ooo, I'm interested! Got any more info on this? Links?
projectformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2008 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for projectformulaSend a Private Message to projectformulaDirect Link to This Post
So, iroc did you find a columm yet?
projectformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2008 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for projectformulaSend a Private Message to projectformulaDirect Link to This Post

projectformula

69 posts
Member since Jun 2007
I have one out of a 88 formula, tilt, with the wheel and keys.
PFF
System Bot
IROC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2008 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCSend a Private Message to IROCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by projectformula:

I have one out of a 88 formula, tilt, with the wheel and keys.

How much shipped to 01907? I don't need the wheel if it will make a significant difference in shipping costs.
projectformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2008 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for projectformulaSend a Private Message to projectformulaDirect Link to This Post
I will check shipping tomorrow and get back to you.
IROC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2008 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCSend a Private Message to IROCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by projectformula:

I will check shipping tomorrow and get back to you.

thank you, much appreciated!
projectformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2008 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for projectformulaSend a Private Message to projectformulaDirect Link to This Post
pm sent.
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post02-14-2008 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
Just in case. I have a complete tilt/cruise/delay wiper/ all option steering column. All switches are still attached. Complete column without the wheel. In fact I'll have another soon, so if you still need one, or someone else for that matter, get in touch.
IROC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2008 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCSend a Private Message to IROCDirect Link to This Post
Hey thanks again projectformula. Shipping was fast and you were very easy to do business with. I would recommend anyone to buy or sell.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock