Started on: 01-19-2008 08:13 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: PaulJK on 01-19-2008 10:27 PM
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Here are pics of the installed Grand Prix GTP steering wheel with radio controls. The radio control DO illuminate, but i do not have them hooked up - I only mounted the wheel for the pics. I THINK it is VERY likely that the lighted color could be changed because the bulbs only have orange sheaths on them. Still for sale as described in my earlier post https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040598.html

It seems to me that this wheel is slightly larger than the fiero wheel making it easier to turn. i think it looks a lot better than any fiero wheel i've seen ....

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 01-19-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
odd to start a new thread for it. Should have simply bumped your old thread. But either way, nice wheel.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
whats the dia. of that thing? it looks like a school bus wheel in there
looks good though

what are all of the switches? do you have a close up of the switches?
is it just a harness that runs down the colum?

[This message has been edited by $Rich$ (edited 01-19-2008).]

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Oslo - Thanks. I was gonna put these in the old thread but wanted to draw attention that i had installed pics. yep - i was surprised that it looks pretty good - I wish i could show you how it looks lit up

Rich - school Bus (!?) . nah - i think it might seem a little big to you because of the camera angle. I can get you a measurement later but here's a pic of the radio controls. The lettering is white during the day and lights up red / orange at night.

it comes with the turn signal switch with wires that run down the steering column, stalk w/wiper and cruise controls and cancelling cam.

$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
thats pretty cool, i bet it could be wired to a grand prix radio ( up3? )

i think the bonnie's had wheels that had alot more than the radio controls in them didnt they?

would be kind a cool to run windows thru them or somthing

Kyle1016

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle1016Send a Private Message to Kyle1016Direct Link to This Post
Cool wheel, but not my style. But that is one clean interior! Looks good!

heres a bump for you!

kyle
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
thanks Kyle

Rich - I'll be trying this device with another wheel and I'm VERY hopeful it will work. My stereo head unit is an Alpine, but this seems like it will work with ANY head unit using an infrared remote As far as i know, all you really need is the yellow wire going from the radio controls down the column for hook-up. The radio controls in the steering wheel are connected to the SWI-X unit. You use the stereo's remote to program the SWI-X like a universal remote for your TV. The SWI-X "learns" the commands from your original stereo's remote and feeds them to the head unit using a transmitter that you mount facing the head unit. The SWI-X's transmitter looks like the red LED for an alarm system - it's very small and should be easy to mount. It's shown in the pic at the end of the roll of wire on top of the SWI-X box.

http://www.pac-audio.com/pr...%20Wheel%20Interface

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock