Started on: 01-19-2008 06:33 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: red84sematt on 02-02-2008 05:06 PM
Jeremiah

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JeremiahSend a Private Message to JeremiahDirect Link to This Post
Hello folks, I'm Selling what I think to be a genuine GM rear view mirror w/ auto dimming and a compass. I DO NOT have the cable for the mirror, but I'm willing to let the mirror go pretty cheap since I don't have any need for it. I'll let the mirror go for $20 plus whatever it costs to ship it to ya. YOU MUST USE PAYPAL OR MONEY ORDER! I can't accept personal checks. Returns are fine for DOA parts. This should install on the Fiero mount Or not, again, it's no big deal, it's not like theres a shortage of buttons for your window. Again, if it doesn't, please let me know and I'll refund your money.

Also, I'm selling two 3.5" Infinity Kappa Series speakers to replace the billion year old speakers some of us have in the headrests of our cars. (well, the lucky ones have ) I'll let both of them go for $15 plus whatever it costs to ship them to you.

Please PM me if you're interested

------------------

1984 Fiero with a 2.8 V6, Isuzu 5-speed, Performance Sound, Sprint Exhaust Manifolds and a real pretty interior.

[This message has been edited by Jeremiah (edited 01-20-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Jeremiah I just put one of these in my 86 Coupe last month, and the Fiero button was just a tab to small. I had to heat my windshield and remove the old button and mount the larger one one first. Love the mirror by the way. Good price
Mister

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
How could one install it without the cable? do I need to connect new wires or something? or get the cable somewhere else?
Jeremiah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2008 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JeremiahSend a Private Message to JeremiahDirect Link to This Post
The cable is the cheap part. You go to a junk yard and pretty much any GM made in the last 5 or so years will have the same cable. There is a lot of knowledge on the forum about installing these things. From above it's apparent that you'll need to grab the button from the yard while you're there, but you're probably only talking $5. New these bad boys are over $150, but I need to clean out my fiero toys... So, it's the small stuff during the winter and the big stuff in the spring.

Anyway, I'm 100% confident you'll like the automirrors better than the manual ones, if for nothing else than the autodimming function.

Originally posted by Mister:

How could one install it without the cable? do I need to connect new wires or something? or get the cable somewhere else?

thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2008 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
up auto dimming, temperature display and compass mirrors are definitely the way to go...a nice upgrade for any fiero...i love mine..tim
Jeremiah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2008 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JeremiahSend a Private Message to JeremiahDirect Link to This Post
Still sort of suprised no one has bitten on the mirror. That's a pretty good price and I'd hate to see it go on ebay and into a Buick or something.

------------------

1984 Fiero with a 2.8 V6, Isuzu 5-speed, Performance Sound, Sprint Exhaust Manifolds and a real pretty interior.

kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
OK I'll bight. Let's talk about the mirror. What did it come off of? Tell me about its characteristics? What does it do beyond a stock GM Fiero mirror. I think I am interested. All you gotta do is tell me what it does....?

Thanks,
Kevin
kevin.sullivan@horacemann.com
Jeremiah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JeremiahSend a Private Message to JeremiahDirect Link to This Post
To my knowledge it has autodimming and a built in digital compass. It doesn't have the thermometer, but if you're curious about the temp you can just roll down the window. The mount is for GM cars, but because of an electrical failure in my console, I was never able to install it into the car so I can't tell you if it works or not. My wife got it for me off ebay and doesn't remember exactly, but she thinks it came off a Buick. The glass looks pretty much flawless. If you get the mirror, and don't like it, I'll refund you the cost of the mirror but not shipping. So you would only be out, like, 9 bucks. New these things are over $100. But it's important to know that it doesn't come with a cable and you'll need to do some work to get it powered - fortunately people on the forum have installed these things before and they'd obviously be happy to help you with the install.

I just wish I had gotten around to it. I have no pics 'cause I have no camera. But if you're that curious about what it looks like, I can borrow a camera and take a few.

Jeremiah

Originally posted by kevin:

OK I'll bight. Let's talk about the mirror. What did it come off of? Tell me about its characteristics? What does it do beyond a stock GM Fiero mirror. I think I am interested. All you gotta do is tell me what it does....?

Thanks,
Kevin
kevin.sullivan@horacemann.com

------------------

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jeremiah:

To my knowledge it has autodimming and a built in digital compass. It doesn't have the thermometer, but if you're curious about the temp you can just roll down the window. The mount is for GM cars, but because of an electrical failure in my console, I was never able to install it into the car so I can't tell you if it works or not. My wife got it for me off ebay and doesn't remember exactly, but she thinks it came off a Buick. The glass looks pretty much flawless. If you get the mirror, and don't like it, I'll refund you the cost of the mirror but not shipping. So you would only be out, like, 9 bucks. New these things are over $100. But it's important to know that it doesn't come with a cable and you'll need to do some work to get it powered - fortunately people on the forum have installed these things before and they'd obviously be happy to help you with the install.

I just wish I had gotten around to it. I have no pics 'cause I have no camera. But if you're that curious about what it looks like, I can borrow a camera and take a few.

Jeremiah

I have the pins outs for both the 7 pin and 16 pin wiring harness and will be happy to give it to any one who purchases this .. I love my mirror and will reccommend this up grade to all.
Joe Crawford
Texas
red84sematt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red84semattSend a Private Message to red84semattDirect Link to This Post
thank your for the speakers, great trans action

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock