Plug and Play Diesel Conversion Kit for a Fiero by Michelhaugh
Started on: 02-27-2007 11:03 AM
Replies: 24
Last post by: Michelhaugh on 07-21-2008 10:11 PM
Michelhaugh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MichelhaughClick Here to visit Michelhaugh's HomePageSend a Private Message to MichelhaughDirect Link to This Post
Anybody interested in a DieselFiero conversion Kit?
It includes:
a 4.3 V6 diesel engine, rebuilt + 25k miles, installed on a Fiero engine (pre 88) cradle,
a 125c auto transmission(geared for diesel), and axles,
complete exhaust system,
wiring ready to plug into the Fiero C500 and C203 connectors.

All you would need to do is remove the gas tank on your car and remove the electric fuel pump and replace with a tube to reach the bottom of the fuel tank and knock out the fill tube restrictor under your gas cap. Add a resistor to your tach to calibrate to this engine. and you are off and running!!

All this can be your for $3500. You too can join the DieselFiero crowd!! Truely a plug and play conversion for a 4 cyl Fiero!!

Call Rick at 865-945-8932

In case you are wondering, I have another Diesel Engine to breath life back into DieselFiero.

[This message has been edited by Michelhaugh (edited 02-27-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Keep talking, you have my attention.

Do you have pictures?

How does this setup run? Fuel Mileage?

Does it seem peppy?

What are the 1/4 mile time estimates? I'm not worried about actual right now.

Brad
Michelhaugh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MichelhaughClick Here to visit Michelhaugh's HomePageSend a Private Message to MichelhaughDirect Link to This Post
Here is the first chapter of the story.

http://members.tripod.com/~...sel/dieselfiero.html

The next chapter is about an accident that I had last week where I smashed the her nose.

I have another Fiero and diesel engine to put together and don't have time or money for 2 projects.

She gets 36 mpg highway at 75-80 mph and 30-32 in the city. And it definitely sounds like a diesel. I have run diesel and biodiesel in it and it runs great, quieter with the biodiesel.

It is peppy but definitely not a SBC! I have run it at the local 1/8m drag strip and did about 12.1 sec.

DieselFiero
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post02-27-2007 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 04-14-2009).]

Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
You mashed the nose? Oh No!

Good luck with the sale. You still looking for another Fiero? That yellow one is still out here waiting for a new home. I can take a couple-a hundred bucks off the price for you since you are top-notch on this Forum.

Diesel!! Get your diesel here, folks!
Michelhaugh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2007 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MichelhaughClick Here to visit Michelhaugh's HomePageSend a Private Message to MichelhaughDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Saxman. I would love to get that car to put this engine in. I do have another body to put the diesel in.

The problem is I have 2 diesels and one body, and time and money to only deal with one.

If I can sell the one that is running I can build and install the other. If I just swap the drivetrain to this other body, I have a diesel just sitting here and no money to build it.

If someone buys this one and I build the other there will be 2 DIESEL FIEROS on the road!!

If anyone is interested in buying this drivetrain already installed in this other body that I have, I could do that. This body is an 85 w/ sunroof, needs painted, gray interior.

My budget for cartoys just got spend buying my wife a new car. (I love you Sweetie!)

DieselFiero
Michelhaugh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MichelhaughClick Here to visit Michelhaugh's HomePageSend a Private Message to MichelhaughDirect Link to This Post
Only a few weeks for someone to buy this Diesel Conversion Kit before I move it to the other Fiero that I have!!

April 1st is the deadline.

Bring your Fiero and I will install it in your car.

DieselFiero
Michelhaugh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2007 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MichelhaughClick Here to visit Michelhaugh's HomePageSend a Private Message to MichelhaughDirect Link to This Post
Bump...
Michelhaugh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2007 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MichelhaughClick Here to visit Michelhaugh's HomePageSend a Private Message to MichelhaughDirect Link to This Post
Only 10 days to buy this conversion kit before I install it into my other Fiero!

SPEAK SOON OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PIECE.

DieselFiero
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2007 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
Too many people are holding their piece right now...

I wish I could do this unique conversion but it would mean certain divorce since I agreed to part with two of mine already.

Good luck! I imagine a few heads would turn when they hear that diesel take off! Talk about a conversation piece at car shows!
wanobi

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2007 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
I can't do this now, but come the first of the year I may look you up. This would definately be a unique swap.
PFF
System Bot
Michelhaugh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2007 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MichelhaughClick Here to visit Michelhaugh's HomePageSend a Private Message to MichelhaughDirect Link to This Post
Last chance! If you want this kit call me this weekend.

Rick M.
aka DieselFiero
865-945-8932
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2007 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
That sounds so cool!!!

Especially if it has the perfomance of a Turbo-diesel. Redline would be almost the same as a stock fiero, and much better fuel economy.

If I move to Europe I'd do that.
(also to clarify, Diesel engines don't have the bad stigma in Europe as they do in the States)
-M

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 03-30-2007).]

redwhiteandnew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2007 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redwhiteandnewSend a Private Message to redwhiteandnewDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I noticed the thread was created months ago, but is there any current development with the Diesel conversion?

And, would it be possible to work the Diesel with a 5-speed?

[This message has been edited by redwhiteandnew (edited 11-11-2007).]

AP2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2007 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AP2kSend a Private Message to AP2kDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by redwhiteandnew:
And, would it be possible to work the Diesel with a 5-speed?

I wanted to know the exact same thing when I first heard about the kit. With the stock Fiero tranny, there is no ring gear tall enough for the engine. At 55 with the tallest ring gear available you would be over 2000 RPM. Not only that, the torque would rip it apart.
JCUOIT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2007 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCUOITSend a Private Message to JCUOITDirect Link to This Post
I am really interested to know if there is the possibility make it a turbo diesel? has anyone, in any application, ever run a turbo on those old diesels? if so i'd like to know. is the reliability of these motors similar to the 350 diesels? i had once dreamed of a turbo diesel V8 fiero with a G6's F40 tranny, just a thought void of technical consideration, if anyone wants to fill me in on how its not possible, i'd like to hear. more so, i'd like to hear how it is.

on the topic of this sale, you are selling a fiero ready 4.3 diesel with the TH125? what kind of milage did this get? or was it more the wow factor that drew you to the build?

i've read your page before, never knew you were a member here. very interested in talking more about the diesel fiero concept in the future.

JC
Michelhaugh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2008 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MichelhaughClick Here to visit Michelhaugh's HomePageSend a Private Message to MichelhaughDirect Link to This Post
I still have the DieselFiero conversion kit for sale.

I thought I had it sold but the buyer ended up backing out.

DieselFiero

aka Rick M.
865-945-8932
Michelhaugh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2008 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MichelhaughClick Here to visit Michelhaugh's HomePageSend a Private Message to MichelhaughDirect Link to This Post

Michelhaugh

274 posts
Member since Feb 2003
All of these diesel engines came attached to automatic transmissions, so no flywheel for a manual is available. You would have to have one custom made and counterbalanced to match.

A guy in Arizona has turbocharged a V6 with much success.

DieselFiero
Michelhaugh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2008 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MichelhaughClick Here to visit Michelhaugh's HomePageSend a Private Message to MichelhaughDirect Link to This Post
OK Guys, I went ahead and got another Fiero to install this drive train in.

So you snooze you lose!!

I should have the diesel drive train out of the wrecked DieselFiero this week.

I have removed everything worth salvaging off of the wrecked carcass.

Then to move the recipient Fiero into the garage and drop the old 4 cyl and plug in the diesel.

Soon I expect to be saying "it lives, my creature lives!"

DieselFiero
Michelhaugh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2008 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MichelhaughClick Here to visit Michelhaugh's HomePageSend a Private Message to MichelhaughDirect Link to This Post
I have got the V-6 diesel installed into the new Fiero body. It has been more complicated that the original installation. This '85 Fiero was a stickshift, so I have had to install the steering column, the shifter and shifter cable, the brake pedal assembly, and a few other Auto trans related items. Not really too difficult but is consuming more time than I planned.

It is not quite running yet. I hadn't hooked up the air conditioner in the original DieselFiero. I am now hooking it up in this Fiero and it is proving to be a little more difficult than I thought it would. I am sure it will come together just taking more time.

I have installed a trailer hitch and plan to make a "Fiero" trailer from a Fiero nose and tailend like the one here in the Forum. I think it is the coolest thing. I plan on installing a fuel tank into the trailer to increase the range for travelling. Since it gets about 36 mpg hwy my range is about 360 miles between fillups. I hope to add maybe 50 gallon tank to the trailer and be able to go from here to California without filling up plus more trunk space!!

I might design the trailer fuel tank to carry WVO and install a heat exchanger to preheat the oil and just run on used vegi oil from the restaurants. I'd better get her running first before I start planning this stuff though!

I realized that I need a radiator for an automatic to hook the transmission coolant lines to. Anyone have one real cheap?

Gotta go guys.

Later,

DieselFiero
Foxy Fiero13

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2008 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post
i was just woundering what you didi with your manual tranny and other pieces im looking to change my auto to a 5 speed cuz the auto is no fun so let me know whats your doing with that stuff plz and i have to say i love this thread i wanna do a bio-diesel fiero one of these years
PFF
System Bot
Michelhaugh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2008 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MichelhaughClick Here to visit Michelhaugh's HomePageSend a Private Message to MichelhaughDirect Link to This Post
I still have it in my basement. I have got the shifter and cable and pedals, everything that I removed to turn it to an automatic.

How much do you think that it is worth?

DieselFiero

865-945-8932
Foxy Fiero13

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Michelhaugh:

I still have it in my basement. I have got the shifter and cable and pedals, everything that I removed to turn it to an automatic.

How much do you think that it is worth?

DieselFiero

865-945-8932

i have the pedals, shifter and surroud i need all the brackets, cables, slave cyl and tranny still
i was thinking just going to the local junkyard to find a 5spd getrag and w/e else i need.
i have no clue whats its worth either. i
got my stuff from a guy off the fourm for shipping cost
Michelhaugh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MichelhaughClick Here to visit Michelhaugh's HomePageSend a Private Message to MichelhaughDirect Link to This Post
I'd give you the manual transmission stuff but I need to get back a little money to help me pay for a few things that I need for DieselFiero!

Make a reasonable offer and I will probably take it!

DieselFiero

aka Rick M.
865-945-8932
Michelhaugh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MichelhaughClick Here to visit Michelhaugh's HomePageSend a Private Message to MichelhaughDirect Link to This Post

Michelhaugh

274 posts
Member since Feb 2003
I'd swap all of the Automatic parts for the Stickshift parts in an even trade. You pay for the shipping both ways.

How does that sound?

DieselFiero

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock