Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Brackets for 12" brakes on 88's (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Brackets for 12" brakes on 88's by sluppy123
Started on: 07-24-2005 09:01 PM
Replies: 44
Last post by: FieroFanatic13 on 05-20-2008 09:32 AM
sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2005 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Direct Link to This Post
These brackets will allow you to put 12" corvette rotors on 88 fieros using the stock Fiero calipers. They are CNC milled, with a 1/2" thick boss where the tapped hole is, this means there is no need for a welded nut for strength. They are one piece.

You will get 2 front and 2 rear caliper mounting brackets(powder coated black or Red) and four centering rings. You will need four 88-94 front corvette rotors, they will need to be redrilled with the Fiero 5x100 bolt pattern. Also you will need eight M12x1.75 bolts about 1.5" long.

Price is $110 shipped anywhere in the US, PM or e-mail me for payment info.

------------------

Silver 87' GT- Turbo Charged/intercooled 2.8 V-6
Maroon 87' GT- 355 TPI V8, 5-speed

[This message has been edited by sluppy123 (edited 07-24-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2005 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 04-14-2009).]

HappyFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2005 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HappyFieroSend a Private Message to HappyFieroDirect Link to This Post
Hi
put me down for a set.
I would like red
send me info on payment please.
thanks
countach711

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2005 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Direct Link to This Post
Hi, this may seem like a dumb question, but will 15" wheels still fit with these?
Thanks,
JOhn
Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2005 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by countach711:

Hi, this may seem like a dumb question, but will 15" wheels still fit with these?
Thanks,
JOhn

The stock MAY fit but your spare tire won't.

sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2005 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Direct Link to This Post
Stock 15" GT wheels will fit, the fronts fit with no problems.

The rear also fits but the brake line end gets in the way, I'm sure with a bit of creativity it could be made to work.

18" wheels easily clear.

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2005 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
pm sent...

thanks

HellYes

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2005 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HellYesSend a Private Message to HellYesDirect Link to This Post
I'll be ordering in the next couple weeks.

jsmorter1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2005 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsmorter1Send a Private Message to jsmorter1Direct Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sluppy123:

The rear also fits but the brake line end gets in the way, I'm sure with a bit of creativity it could be made to work.

Not normally one to advocate spacing the wheel out but in your best estimation how far would it have to be spaced out to clear the brakeline?

------------------
Notchies rule, fastbacks drool

turbotoad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2005 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbotoadSend a Private Message to turbotoadDirect Link to This Post
I'm wondering about the centering rings.......In the one pic of the rear it appears that the centering ring sticks out beyond the rotor/wheel mounting surface. Thus requiring enlargement of the center hole diameter of the rear wheels. Is this true or is the pic not representative of the centering rings that you provide?
cdsracer88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2005 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cdsracer88Send a Private Message to cdsracer88Direct Link to This Post
How much does this improve braking? Anyone here with a set installed?
PFF
System Bot
buds

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2005 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for budsSend a Private Message to budsDirect Link to This Post
PM sent reguarding shipping.
Weponhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2005 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WeponheadSend a Private Message to WeponheadDirect Link to This Post
My question is , with the stock caliper your not really increasing your braking surface are you? with the vented rotor i assume you improve cooling greatly but, can this be clarified for me?
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post07-26-2005 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 04-14-2009).]

Coinage

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2005 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoinageClick Here to visit Coinage's HomePageSend a Private Message to CoinageDirect Link to This Post
sluppy...i pm'ed you a question...

weapon...i think since the rotor is bigger there is more torque to slow it down faster?i think it something like that...

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2005 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
If only I had an '88 fiero
sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2005 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbotoad:

I'm wondering about the centering rings.......In the one pic of the rear it appears that the centering ring sticks out beyond the rotor/wheel mounting surface. Thus requiring enlargement of the center hole diameter of the rear wheels. Is this true or is the pic not representative of the centering rings that you provide?

That is the centering ring from my aftermarket wheels, Sometimes it sticks on the hub when I pull the wheel off. I didn't notice it was on there when I took the picture, the ring that centers the rotor is under it.

sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2005 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Direct Link to This Post

sluppy123

1192 posts
Member since May 99

Originally posted by Weponhead:

My question is , with the stock caliper your not really increasing your braking surface are you? with the vented rotor i assume you improve cooling greatly but, can this be clarified for me?

Jazzman & Coinage are correct, Increasing the rotor size increases the mechanical advantage.

I only have a few sets left from this "run"

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2005 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by sluppy123:

Jazzman & Coinage are correct, Increasing the rotor size increases the mechanical advantage.

I only have a few sets left from this "run"

When will you be doing another run? I want bigger brakes on my 88 after I get some larger rims which wont be until later this year.

------------------
88 Coupe, 5 speed
4.9L V8, Larger cam, ported heads, Allante Intake, Nitrous, MSD Ignition.
I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

rodmcneill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2005 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rodmcneillSend a Private Message to rodmcneillDirect Link to This Post
I have a question on these adapters: someone else on the forum had put adapters on his 88 and mentioned that the parking brake cable was now a bit of a stretch, is this a problem as I had not heard anyone else mention it? Also are the brake hoses long enough to not pose a problem?
buds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2005 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for budsSend a Private Message to budsDirect Link to This Post
PM sent requarding availability,
PFF
System Bot
sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2005 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Direct Link to This Post
All the parts from this run are gone, I will post here when more are available.

rodmcneill- The e-brake cable and brake lines fit with no problems. On the front the caliper is moved out and up, on the rear it's moved down and out.

sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2005 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Direct Link to This Post
I have the second run of parts done, anyone that's interested PM me.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2005 06:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
I just paypal'd you for the 86 brackets. one good question, can those be made to use the stock grand am calipers?

[This message has been edited by Racer_JT (edited 07-30-2005).]

sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2005 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Direct Link to This Post
Racer_JT- The brackets for 84-87's that I make are used to do this swap, http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/switch/67/id215.htm
It uses the 12" corvette front and rear rotors and the front and rear corvette calipers. So no there is no way grand am caipers will fit.

The brackets I'm selling in this thread are for 88's only, using stock calipers and 12" corvette rotors.

cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2005 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
How hard would it be for you to make brackets for the HD 13" vette rotors? Is it just the matter of making the bracket longer? I'd like the 13"s on the front and the 12"s on the rear, as I’ve heard that the Fiero could use more of a front braking bias.
Coinage

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2005 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoinageClick Here to visit Coinage's HomePageSend a Private Message to CoinageDirect Link to This Post
going to reply to my pm?
AnimalGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2005 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AnimalGTSend a Private Message to AnimalGTDirect Link to This Post
Got my brackets yesterday. The pics don't do them justice. They are beautiful. Good job and thanks for another great Fiero product Brian.
sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2005 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by cancerkazoo:

How hard would it be for you to make brackets for the HD 13" vette rotors? Is it just the matter of making the bracket longer? I'd like the 13"s on the front and the 12"s on the rear, as I’ve heard that the Fiero could use more of a front braking bias.

I don't know enough about the 13" rotors to answer this question, do you know the thickness of the rotor. If they are thicker than the 12" rotors they will not fit the fiero caliper, plus the offset of the braking surface may be differant.

SCCA FIERO

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2005 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
Got mine yesterday. Very nice pieces! Glad I waited and bought this version.

------------------

[This message has been edited by SCCA FIERO (edited 01-30-2006).]

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2005 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
got my brackets today.

thanks...

PFF
System Bot
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2005 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
Sent you an e-mail.

--Will

------------------

[This message has been edited by Will-Martin (edited 08-16-2005).]

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2005 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Hey Sluppy here is the scenario .....do you make brackets for a 88 fiero set up to use with 88 corvette rear calipers and can you make this if so I would like 2 sets .
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2005 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
How much to ship a set to Australia Slurpy? Looks like the best value brake swap to me.
A gift for my new t-topped 88
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2005 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Don't make me beg
88Ironduke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2005 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88IrondukeSend a Private Message to 88IrondukeDirect Link to This Post
Has anybody mounted these on a car with the stock 88 front rims? The offset is different and I am pretty sure there might be a clearance issue as well as the back.

Nice work sluppy. I will be in contact.

88Ironduke

------------------
Pilots with out maintainers are just pedestrians with a cool jacket and sunglasses.
I.Y.A.M.Y.A.S.

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2005 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
I received my bracket kit from Sluppy123 today. It was exactly as advertised, carefully packed, and the purchase transaction was trouble free. What more could you ask?

Highly recomended.

Oversteer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2005 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OversteerSend a Private Message to OversteerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Master Tuner Akimoto:

Hey Sluppy here is the scenario .....do you make brackets for a 88 fiero set up to use with 88 corvette rear calipers and can you make this if so I would like 2 sets .

Hey MTA, I tried for a laugh installing the rear rotors on the spindle with the kit. The steel bracket would have to be either shaped or thinned out by a large margin for this to work. What would the advantage be?

Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2005 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
Bump, for my favorites . I'm thinking about doing this if I can get some 'Vette rotors.

------------------
I am the signature virus, please put me in your signature so I can spread

THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2005 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTDirect Link to This Post
I will like to know if this (12 inch) brake kit can fit the "88" GT (stock 15 inch) wheels, front and back?

Since the 88 gt wheels are smaller on the front Vs the back ones.

Thanks!
JG

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock