Started on: 12-01-2007 08:26 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: kevin on 12-12-2007 11:02 PM
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
I have a few items off the race car that I'm not going to be using after the repower project is over so they are available for someone if they need them.

EVERYTHING SUSPENSION RELATED LISTED HERE IS FOR AN '84-'87 CHASSIS ONLY!!!!

FRONT AND REAR SWAY BARS ARE SOLD!!! THANK YOU mafv8
First up is a set of sway bars, front and rear.

This is the 1" Adco bar for the front and a stock 7/8" front bar to mount in the rear. End links with poly end link bushings are included with both bars. Poly mounting brackets for the 1" bar are included. The mounting brackets for the old front/now rear bar are rubber and should be replaced with a poly set. I'd also use new 5/16" bolts on the rear end links. Pretty much everything you need is there. On the race car this setup still had some understeer so it wasn't exceptionally squirrelly and won't get you in trouble before you know it, but much better balance than the stock front no bar rear setup. I was thinking $100 for the set + Shipping. Make me an offer and give me a sob story, I'm an easy touch sometimes.

Next we have a Fiero Store Cold Air Intake with Filter (or hot air, depending on your POV.

INTAKE SOLD, THANKS DUCKIE!!!

Yeah, it's dirty. That's just the way it came off the car. It has the required fitting for the breather hose and has the IAT sensor in the filter. As shown with connector hose to TB and clamps. $20 + shipping.

Flywheel, Clutch, and Pressure Plate

Flywheel is a neutral balanced flywheel so you'll have to use it either on an '88 2.8 or if you're doing the 3.4L swap that requires the neutral flywheel. Plenty of material left on the disk. They are all dirty, just like they were when they came out of the car, but it will clean off with brake clean. No heat check marks on the flywheel or pressure plate that I can see.

This was The Fiero Store Ram HD clutch assembly and for a stock 2.8L or a basic 3.4L will work fine. We never had a problem with it on our 3.4L race motor. Never slipped on us and had a nice, smooth feel.

It's 2 seasons old, probably less than 500 miles on it really, and used for open road racing and autocrossing. Autocrossing we'd generally get the car in 3rd gear and leave it there. Open road racing we'd get it in 5th and leave it there. $219.00 + shipping for a new one from TFS, for all three pieces, $150. If you just want the clutch and no flywheel, $100. Prices do not include shipping.

One item I didn't take a picture of is I have a set of Grand Am calipers, and rotors with decent pads. That's a set of TWO, for one axle. If you want them on the back it's all you need, if you want it for the front you'll also need the hubs cut, which I have an extra set of those as well. This is pretty much the same thing TFS sells for $299.00.

I'll sell just the calipers, pads, and rotors for $100 + Shipping. If you want this for the front and need hubs, $150.00 IF you send me your old hubs back so I can cut down another set. I like to keep spares since I use these hubs on the race car. The hubs have no bearings in them so you'll need to buy and install a new set of wheel bearings, but you really should do that anyway.

I take Pay Pal or Money Orders. Make an offer. Write an essay. Tell me how you're poor beloved Fiero will just die under the old Oak Tree without these parts and touch the cockels of my heart and I may feel sorry for you and really deal on them. Or maybe not. But you'll never know if you don't try. I also have a half dozen or more parts cars that I can pull things off if there's something you need, but that's not really what this post is about, I'm mostly just cleaning up the excess parts that won't go back on the race car so I don't have to drag them to the used parts pile.

John Stricker

[This message has been edited by jstricker (edited 12-05-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
duckiedo

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for duckiedoSend a Private Message to duckiedoDirect Link to This Post
ill take the intake just let me know were to send the money
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
PM me your zip code and I'll figure the shipping tomorrow with a total. I'll send you my PayPal address via PM when I give you the shipping quote or if you're not in a hurry, you can send me a MO, your choice.

John Stricker

Originally posted by duckiedo:

ill take the intake just let me know were to send the money

ly041181

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ly041181Send a Private Message to ly041181Direct Link to This Post
Let me know if he backs out on the intake and I'll paypal you the money.
prostreet505

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prostreet505Send a Private Message to prostreet505Direct Link to This Post
Would you sell just the front hubs?
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by prostreet505:

Would you sell just the front hubs?

If you have some rotors to send me to replace them as a core, yes.

$50 + Shipping?

John Stricker
duckiedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for duckiedoSend a Private Message to duckiedoDirect Link to This Post
payment sent thanks alot :-)
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, Duckiedo bought the Intake.

I have to say that you guys that are looking for a low buck way to REALLY improve your handling should look into the sway bar set. We tried a lot of different combinations and without going to something like RRunner's sway bar setup (which is what I'm going to do) this is about as good as it's going to get for $50 less than the price of just the 1" front bar from The Fiero Store. Think about it guys and gals.

John Stricker

Originally posted by ly041181:

Let me know if he backs out on the intake and I'll paypal you the money.

jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2007 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
ttt

John Stricker
mafv8

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2007 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mafv8Send a Private Message to mafv8Direct Link to This Post
John, just sent you a PM,
Mike
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2007 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
And answered.

John Stricker

Originally posted by mafv8:

John, just sent you a PM,
Mike

PFF
System Bot
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
One more TTT for the clutch assy. It's in excellent shape and if somebody is needing a clutch anyway, it's a lot stronger than a stock replacement clutch.

John Stricker
duckiedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for duckiedoSend a Private Message to duckiedoDirect Link to This Post
got the intake today ..great part just what i need thanks for a great deal ..
NYRED85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NYRED85GTSend a Private Message to NYRED85GTDirect Link to This Post
Are the cut down 84-87 hubs still avalible?

Thanks,
Mike
NYRED85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NYRED85GTSend a Private Message to NYRED85GTDirect Link to This Post
Bump
kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
I'm confused? Did you say the sway-bars are still for sale? Or, are they already sold? Just wanted to find out.The date is 12/12/07. Let me know...

Cordially,
Kevin
kevin.sullivan@horacemann.com

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock