Started on: 11-17-2007 02:01 AM
Replies: 24
Last post by: ktthecarguy on 12-08-2007 01:00 AM
ktthecarguy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 167
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2007 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ktthecarguyClick Here to visit ktthecarguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ktthecarguyDirect Link to This Post
Hi there,
I am looking for a rear bumper cover for my Indy clone, so I need the GT style with the ribbed trim (instead of round). I live in the Detroit area, anyone have one locally, or can ship fairly cheap?
Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2007 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I have 2 red ones up here in flint, I think they go for about $200, but lets say $125. I can take pictures.
ktthecarguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2007 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ktthecarguyClick Here to visit ktthecarguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ktthecarguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

I have 2 red ones up here in flint, I think they go for about $200, but lets say $125. I can take pictures.

Hi there,
Thanks for the offer, but I was thinking more along these price lines...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...07&_trksid=p3907.m29

Would you be willing to lower your price?
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2007 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post
$125.00 is deal if it has no rips, the one on ebay for $50.00 needs about $100.00 worth of repairs and your going to pay shipping.
ktthecarguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2007 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ktthecarguyClick Here to visit ktthecarguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ktthecarguyDirect Link to This Post
If the one on ebay only has a rip, why would it need $100 worth of repairs, instead of the urethane adhesive to fix the rip?

And are you offering a bumper for sale less than this price? If not, this thread is not for you.
ktthecarguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2007 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ktthecarguyClick Here to visit ktthecarguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ktthecarguyDirect Link to This Post
*bump*
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2007 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ktthecarguy:

If the one on ebay only has a rip, why would it need $100 worth of repairs, instead of the urethane adhesive to fix the rip?

And are you offering a bumper for sale less than this price? If not, this thread is not for you.

its not like a miricle glue that you can just apply and the tear is gone
its needs "body work"
repaired, smoothed out, so its actualy gone, primer, paint.....
probibly more than $100 in work

------------------

AIM:Onefast2M8
86 GT SC 3800 Intercooled
02 Jetta 1.8t

ktthecarguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2007 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ktthecarguyClick Here to visit ktthecarguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ktthecarguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by $Rich$:

its not like a miricle glue that you can just apply and the tear is gone
its needs "body work"
repaired, smoothed out, so its actualy gone, primer, paint.....
probibly more than $100 in work

Please don't hijack my thread. I have had 3 offers so far, and I am on a really tight budget. That's why this is taking me a while. So please follow the Mall rules, listed below.

Only post in someone's thread if you have a question or remark about the item sold!
There's one thing I see happening quite a bit and it's really kinda childish. Someone posts his item for sale and soon after somebody else jumps in with a remark like: "You must be crazy. I saw [insert similar item here] for half the price you are asking!".

Right, people. A friend of mine just bought a car for $10,000. He must be nuts because I saw another car for sale the other day for only $1,000.

So unless you have a source for the exact same item, you can't really tell if the item for sale is expensive or not, now can you? So before you post your "you must be out of your mind asking that amount" reply, think twice.
ktthecarguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2007 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ktthecarguyClick Here to visit ktthecarguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ktthecarguyDirect Link to This Post

ktthecarguy

2076 posts
Member since Jun 2007
bmwguru, thanks and PM sent.
ktthecarguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2007 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ktthecarguyClick Here to visit ktthecarguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ktthecarguyDirect Link to This Post

ktthecarguy

2076 posts
Member since Jun 2007
Kyle1016, thanks and PM sent
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2007 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
sorry man i want meaning to hy-jack anything, i was just saying that if you were looking at one like the ebay link you posted that has rips, its not as easy as it sounds to fix it, and it would probibly be more time and cost efective to jist spend a little more now and have a nicer product with less time hastle, and money involved in the end

good luck on your quest
PFF
System Bot
Copper85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2007 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Copper85GTSend a Private Message to Copper85GTDirect Link to This Post
Hello, have you found the rear piece yet? I have one available although it does have some muffler burn damage that could easily be covered by replacing the muffler plate with a larger one.

If you'll email me your email address I'll send you a photo.

tmigatz@foxvalley.net

Price on mine would be reasonably low.

Tom
FieroX81

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2007 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroX81Send a Private Message to FieroX81Direct Link to This Post
Sent u a PM.
Copper85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2007 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Copper85GTSend a Private Message to Copper85GTDirect Link to This Post
Correction, I don't have the one I thought I was selling, I have the one I need to keep-round trim at that.

[This message has been edited by Copper85GT (edited 11-22-2007).]

ktthecarguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2007 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ktthecarguyClick Here to visit ktthecarguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ktthecarguyDirect Link to This Post
Fierox81, Thanks I sent you a PM.
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2007 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireDirect Link to This Post
I have the rear cover "copper85GT" was refering to. It's an 85 GT rear (ribbed molding), in overall good shape, but does have burn damage above the drivers side exhaust "hump". Could be fixed by making larger exhaust heat shields.
It's FREE for the taking!
I'm not sure if it will ship UPS, pretty large piece.
I can send pic's if your interested.

------------------
84' Indy Pace Car (car #2000)
86' G.T.
Member: NIFE

ktthecarguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2007 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ktthecarguyClick Here to visit ktthecarguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ktthecarguyDirect Link to This Post
Hi there H.D.Fire,
Yes I would be interested in pics, if you can post them. Thanks.
ktthecarguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2007 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ktthecarguyClick Here to visit ktthecarguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ktthecarguyDirect Link to This Post
h.d.fire I sent you a PM. Thanks.
slinger

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2007 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerDirect Link to This Post
i got one to if you are still looking
ktthecarguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2007 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ktthecarguyClick Here to visit ktthecarguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ktthecarguyDirect Link to This Post
Hi slinger, yes still looking. Trying to find the best offer. Thanks. How much are you asking?
ktthecarguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2007 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ktthecarguyClick Here to visit ktthecarguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ktthecarguyDirect Link to This Post
Slinger, PM sent.
PFF
System Bot
ktthecarguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2007 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ktthecarguyClick Here to visit ktthecarguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ktthecarguyDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
slinger

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2007 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerDirect Link to This Post
sent you one back
ktthecarguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2007 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ktthecarguyClick Here to visit ktthecarguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ktthecarguyDirect Link to This Post
Hi Slinger,
I sent you an email.
ktthecarguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2007 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ktthecarguyClick Here to visit ktthecarguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ktthecarguyDirect Link to This Post
Hi there,
Thanks to everyone for their help with the bumper cover. And thanks especially to Slinger. I got the bumper cover from him.

This thread is done. Thanks again.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock