TH325-4L, 4T65E/4T80E trans controller by sbcpower1
Started on: 09-20-2007 06:49 PM
Replies: 17
Last post by: sbcpower1 on 09-28-2007 12:32 PM
sbcpower1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sbcpower1Send a Private Message to sbcpower1Direct Link to This Post
Hi everyone. Thinking about a longitudinal mounted V8 swap? I have a Th325-4L here I need to unload. This tranny came out of a running '82 Toronado that was T-boned. Has the long output shaft so the differential can be flipped (to put engine pulleys to the back of the car). This puts more weight to the front of the axle. Complete with diff., will need to find passenger side (long) stubshaft/diff output shaft and carrier plate & bearing. Make me an offer.

I also have a never-used trans controller built by Mr Ryan Hess. It is set up for a 4T80E right now, but will work for a 4T65E also. It is a full manual ONLY controller. Ryan says he will need to reprogram it for the 65E...$25 for beer money and shipping. I'd like to get what I paid for it...$210 shipped, offers considered.
CONTROLLER SOLD!!!

I have an isuzu five speed and shift cables if anyone is interested...I can't make myself grenade it behind my small block. It shifted very nicely; low mile Duke powered car. All offers considered

Please PM with any questions. Thanks,

John

[This message has been edited by sbcpower1 (edited 09-26-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sbcpower1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2007 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sbcpower1Send a Private Message to sbcpower1Direct Link to This Post
No one interested? They go on ebay tonight. I also have a duke manual flywheel cut and balanced for a sbc, with F-body clutch disc...$50 shipped.
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2007 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
Will that flywheel work on a 283 with the Street Dreams adaptor & a Getrag? If so consider it sold.
Wish I had the cash for the other trannies...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

"James Lewis - get away from that wheelbarrow; you know you don't know nutin' 'bout machinery!"
sbcpower1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sbcpower1Send a Private Message to sbcpower1Direct Link to This Post
I'm not that familiar with that adapter. This flywheel was cut (crank face) for use with a 3/4" adapter plate. If yours is around that, it should be fine. Thanks,

John

------------------
Enjoy your ride, but don't be a redneck in the process.

greengoblin0129

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Direct Link to This Post
How much for shipping on the TH325 to 46227?
rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
What do you mean by "full manual" in the description of the controller?
I am interested in the controller, I just want to ask Ryan a few questions first.
sbcpower1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sbcpower1Send a Private Message to sbcpower1Direct Link to This Post
Full manual, meaning you have to shift to every gear (1,2,3,4), up or down, with micro switches on paddle shifters, or a pair of pushbuttons. You still need a shifter, to go from park, reverse, neutral and drive. Thanks,

John
sbcpower1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sbcpower1Send a Private Message to sbcpower1Direct Link to This Post

sbcpower1

72 posts
Member since Mar 2005
Green, should be about $80 if you have a loading dock, around $115 residential liftgate del. Thanks,

John
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2007 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sbcpower1:

Full manual, meaning you have to shift to every gear (1,2,3,4), up or down, with micro switches on paddle shifters, or a pair of pushbuttons. You still need a shifter, to go from park, reverse, neutral and drive. Thanks,

John

Just so I understand correctly. The trans will use the regular shifter to go from P, R, N, OD, but then need some switches to continue going from OD down to 3, or 2, or 1...right. Putting the shifter into another range (D,3,2,1) does not change the mode from OD down to 3, 2, or 1? If the sfifter is set to the OD range, does it operate normally and shift throughout the 1, 2, 3, OD sequence by itself, or do you have to make ALL upshifts and downshifts manually? Is there a thread you know of that contains this information? Might make it easier.
sbcpower1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2007 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sbcpower1Send a Private Message to sbcpower1Direct Link to This Post
The trans will not upshift or downshift by itself. The shifter is to select P,R,N and OD, because there are valves and hyd. circuits (and the parking pawl) that must be used for Park/neutral and direction. I don't know of a thread, but Ryan might be able to clear up any blurs.
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2007 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I got in touch with him. Do you take Paypal?
PFF
System Bot
sbcpower1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2007 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sbcpower1Send a Private Message to sbcpower1Direct Link to This Post
PM sent
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2007 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rjblaze:
Putting the shifter into another range (D,3,2,1) does not change the mode from OD down to 3, 2, or 1?

If it's wired correctly, changing the shifter position will put it in that gear. However - that gear your in will be the maximum gear reachable by the paddles/switches.

So if you're in OD, you can paddle from 1-4
If you're in D you can paddle from 1-3
etc.

rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2007 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
So if I got this right.......The shifter is definitely used for P-R-N-OD, then you use one "button" / "paddle" to shift up thru the range 1-2-3-4-TCC and one to shift back down (like when stopping) 4-3-2-1, right? When you first start the car and want to drive away, you put the shifter into OD and then just up-shift thru the gears. Basically like a manual trans but using buttons and the trans always starts in first gear after you pull the shifter back thru P-R-N-OD. Yeah, I think I got it! Thanks Ryan......I checked you other "Paddle Shifter" thread and it made it all clearer. I am thinking about "positive feel" "clicking" buttons right on my steering wheel to hopefully eliminate the possibility of wrong shifts while "agressive driving" sessions.

So there is not OBDII issue to worry about either, right? I want to use this along with the 7730 ecm for my complete 3400 engine swap control and eliminate the OBDII stuff all together.

BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by rjblaze (edited 09-24-2007).]

81 4.9L X-11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2007 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 81 4.9L X-11Click Here to visit 81 4.9L X-11's HomePageSend a Private Message to 81 4.9L X-11Direct Link to This Post

PM sent
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Paypal for transmission controller sent!
HellYes

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HellYesSend a Private Message to HellYesDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by greengoblin0129:

How much for shipping on the TH325 to 46227?

I have one in my shop. They are too heavy for me to safely lift. You might not want to hear the cost of shipping one.
sbcpower1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sbcpower1Send a Private Message to sbcpower1Direct Link to This Post
Actually, they aren't too bad. I have the differential already seperated from the tranny. I carried them into the garage by myself... I will ship via truck freight on a pallet. Average cost to ship a 250 lb. skid is about $80 with my discounts if there is a loading dock available, or you can pick it up at the terminal. Fedex, AAA Cooper, Central Transport are the three I use most often.

John

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock