Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  '88 Formula + '87 GT = $2500. for BOTH ! California.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

'88 Formula + '87 GT = $2500. for BOTH ! California. by FormulaGT
Started on: 08-23-2007 07:07 PM
Replies: 38
Last post by: carnut122 on 12-17-2007 07:32 PM
FormulaGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTDirect Link to This Post
My soon to be 1 year old daughter has consumed ALL of my spare time which has caused my Fiero hobby to come to a screeching halt and I do not forsee any let up to get me back into it so the Fieros are For Sale.

1988 Formula: $1400 Firm or $2500. for both.

5 speed with power windows and door locks, cruise, A/C (does not work), Sunroof. 141,356 miles.
I have had this car almost 5 years and have put a ton of new parts on it. Clutch, clutch slave cyl., Starter, Ign. Module, Pickup coil, Fuel pump, Coil (MSD), EGR Valve (GM), Fiero Store EGR tube, Fiero Store Visors, Rodney's Comp. Short throw shifter w/ leather boot, Trans. mounts, Dogbone, Select cable, Front brake Calipers, pads, rotors and hoses, plugs, wires, cap etc. Tires have about 4500 miles and front shocks were replaced at that time as well. I bought the car at 136,570 miles which is when a new Cat and EGR solenoid were installed by the previous owner. I have put less than 5,000 miles on it since.
The car does have a salvage title and the previous owner offered no information as to why. The car is complete and all panels have the correct VIN. The DMV told me that the insurance company can deem a car as a salvage for something as simple as a broken headlight, especially older cars. Runs and drives good with no visible signs of a major or minor collision. From what I have heard, you can get a new title for the car to remove the salvage status by taking it to a CHP office for a light check or something to that effect. The car does have an intermittant stalling when cold issue that I have not been able to figure out nor the time to do so. Seems like it has an open loop gremlin of some sort. Does not happen all the time and when it is warm it runs well. Lots of power and fun.

1987 GT: $1600. Firm or $2500 for both

Has all options but rear defog. 127,911 miles as of today.
I had posted this car on the Forum before but the sale fell through and I just got lazy about selling it. Then I decided to keep it and buy more parts for it but now I am selling with the new parts. New parts are: Battery, Clutch master and slave cylinders, Mr. Mikes and new rear taillamp covers from the Fiero Store. I only got around to getting the driver seat done with the Mr . Mike cover. The other comes with the car that you will have to install. The Mr. Mike seat covers and uninstalled taillamp covers are over $700. combined. Also recently had the headliner and visors redone. Car cover comes with it too. Used once or twice.
Here's the link to previous for sale post.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/031520.html

Here's the Formula:

And the GT: Click the link above for exterior shots.

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for looking.
Here is my Fiero Killing Monster.

Todd

[This message has been edited by FormulaGT (edited 10-23-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
Can you PM me your phone # please?

Thanks,
Greg

------------------

FormulaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTDirect Link to This Post
P.M. Sent!
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post
PM sent......

Kit
FormulaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTDirect Link to This Post
P.M. returned Kit.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in the Formula. How soon would you need it paid for and gone? Any chance of taking payments for it? I could have it paid for in 3 months and then make a trip out to Cali to pick it up. LMK.
FormulaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTDirect Link to This Post
P.M. sent mrfiero
TG oreiF 8891

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Direct Link to This Post
Formula still for sale? If so, is there anyone nearby willing to take an independent look at it for me? I'd have to do a fly in and drive and it's a long haul back to Ohio, how likely it would make it? Any rust to speak of? If you've got any other pictures, please email them to me. That's an awesome price for a formula; I don't know why it wasn't gone the day you posted it.
Tom

------------------
1988 Fiero GT
Cleveland Fiero Club

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
Both are going to a forum member.

Greg
FormulaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTDirect Link to This Post
FieroGTguy is right. BOTH are awaiting their NEW owner!
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
is one of the cars still for sale?
PFF
System Bot
FormulaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTDirect Link to This Post
Both cars are on hold pending full payment from buyer at this time. Thanks for looking!
FormulaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2007 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE!!!

Both cars are still available. Previous interested party was unable to raise the total balance after sending a deposit.

The Formula has a brand new water pump, 5 hoses and the serpentine belt.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
FierOmar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2007 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOmarSend a Private Message to FierOmarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FormulaGT:
UPDATE!!!

Both cars are still available. Previous interested party was unable to raise the total balance after sending a deposit.

The Formula has a brand new water pump, 5 hoses and the serpentine belt.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hmmm.... Santa Barbara... that's not so far. Like that Formula... let's see...

------------------
FierOmar

FormulaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2007 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierOmar:

Hmmm.... Santa Barbara... that's not so far. Like that Formula... let's see...

..... How's the vision coming? Just a bump on a great deal for both cars.

FormulaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2007 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTDirect Link to This Post
One more shameless bump before heading off to ebay.........
MarioAlmada

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2007 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarioAlmadaSend a Private Message to MarioAlmadaDirect Link to This Post
pm sent check pm
FormulaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2007 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTDirect Link to This Post
P.M. Sent.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2007 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
still for sale?
FormulaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2007 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTDirect Link to This Post
Both cars are still available.
indydriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for indydriverSend a Private Message to indydriverDirect Link to This Post
Is the Formula still for sale? Will it make it to L.A?
PFF
System Bot
FormulaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTDirect Link to This Post
Formula is still available and it runs fine. It does have the intermittant stalling issue when cold (at stops or approaching them) but always starts right back up. Runs great when in closed loop. I cannot forsee any problems for a very long distance drive at this time as the car has a lot of new parts.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Nice Deal Todd. I'll mention it to the club.
FormulaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Todd.
NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIERODirect Link to This Post
If my wife would not kill me I'd be all over theis.... she'd punch me in the face though hehehehehe
indydriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2007 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for indydriverSend a Private Message to indydriverDirect Link to This Post
FormulaGT,
You should have a PM from me. Please post back if you didn't recieve it.
Indydriver
indydriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for indydriverSend a Private Message to indydriverDirect Link to This Post
This sure looks like a good deal to me. Here's a bump for you FormulaGT!
TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Direct Link to This Post
If there is anyone local willing to take a look at it for me, maybe take a test drive and give me an independent opinion of condition, etc. please contact me via PM or email.

Since I'm across country, I'd feel more comfortable if a trusted PFFer could give her a good looking over before I make any serious offers or plans.

Thanks.
indydriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2007 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for indydriverSend a Private Message to indydriverDirect Link to This Post
Hey TG oreiF 8891!
I drove up to Santa Barbara this morning and checked out the Formula for you. Nice car. Exactly as FormulaGT described it. I thought $1400 was a pretty good deal. So I bought it and drove it home to Los Angeles. Maybe you can get someone to drive by and check out the GT for you.
indydriver in L.A.
FormulaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTDirect Link to This Post
Well the interest in the GT has slowed here so to Ebay it went. Let me know if you have any questions and happy bidding! Just to be clear, the Formula is SOLD.
Thanks for looking,
Todd
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post12-02-2007 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
Too bad it's a stick. I'd be tempted by an automatic. Hope you can find a buyer outside the forums with money on hand.
PFF
System Bot
LAKERSFAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAKERSFANSend a Private Message to LAKERSFANDirect Link to This Post
Hey FormulaGT, I see it sold on Ebay. If the deal doesn't happen, please let me know.
FormulaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTDirect Link to This Post
I will LAKERSFAN. We'll see what happens as it ain't over untill my hand sees green.
blue87

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blue87Send a Private Message to blue87Direct Link to This Post
If plans fall through with LAKERSFAN, let me know. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by blue87 (edited 12-02-2007).]

FormulaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2007 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTDirect Link to This Post
WOW!!! Now that the car is all but sold I am receiving so much attention for it. Interesting. I will let you know blue87. I did just receive a sizeable chunk for the deposit so I don't think this car is going anywhere but to the highest bidder. I will let you all know in the order of interest if it does in fact fall through. Thanks for the interest.

Todd
FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2007 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
that same thing has happened to me twice on PFF. I offered two, unrelated Fieros at different times for a long time on PFF with no bites. Listed them on ebay, sold them, and an outpouring of interest hit me in PM's when the deal was sealed. Go figure
LAKERSFAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2007 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAKERSFANSend a Private Message to LAKERSFANDirect Link to This Post
Sorry FormulaGT, I saw this thread last month, then couldn't find it again. Kicking myself now...
FormulaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTDirect Link to This Post
Well, the GT drove away with it's new owner who flew in from Oakland with a smile on his face. Both cars are SOLD and I am Fiero-less for the first time since 1992.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Someone got some great deals! Cute Fiero Hobby killer too!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock