Started on: 07-28-2007 12:19 PM
Replies: 36
Last post by: shawnkfl on 09-01-2007 09:26 PM
shawnkfl

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2007 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
ok. one of the great members here (randye)....found me a parts car. i'm going to swap out my 84 duke engine, and drop in a 3.4 camarobird (already have that). everything needed for the swap (including an auto trans swap) will be pulled and put in the 84. so, i have the duke to get out of here. many new parts on the duke too, including the cables. i'm going to keep the new throttle to see if i can use it. if not, it will go as well. so, i'll sell anything from the 84 engine, including the cradle, trans....everything. if you need pistons, i'll pull 'em. if you need the cam shaft, i'll pull it....if you want the whole thing, come get it! it runs beautifully and has a very nice idle to it so it could be a "drop in and go" engine. all of the sensors and switches are brand new. new distributer cap and rotor, fuel pump and fuel filter, belts, fuel injector powder coated air cleaner housing (may be spoken for) powder coated valve cover....i'd love to see this go as a whole because it runs so good now but i will tear it down. i'd hate to scrap it. this is not the car part out. just the engine bay.

edit for parts sold or pending:

powder coated airfilter housing - sold.
t-stat housing, t-stat and t-stat cap - pending
clutch - pending
fuel sending unit - pending
fuel pump - pending

still a bunch of parts here. chrome smoke powder coated valve cover, exhaust manifold, new fuel injector, new coolant sensors, new shift and select cables, new distributor cap and rotor, new plug wires.....i'm letting it all go reletively cheap too. if my prices are too high, shoot me an offer. i just need to make a little cash to fund my swap. not looking to make a mint off these parts. 4 speed trans is available, engine cradle....i have two throttle bodies for this car too. good time to grab spare parts cheaply.

[This message has been edited by shawnkfl (edited 08-01-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroGuy9890

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGuy9890Click Here to visit FieroGuy9890's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGuy9890Direct Link to This Post
How much for the thermostat housing, thermostat, and the housing cap to 43611? Also are you trying to get rid of the Fuel sending unit?
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
thermostat housing, t-stat (brand new) and t'stat cap (new too) how about $20.00 shipped for all three?

i'll keep you in mind for the fuel sending unit. i'm not sure if i need that for my V6 swap yet. if i cannot use it for a V6, it's yours. i know i cannot use the fuel pump, but i'm not sure about the sending unit. let me do some searcing on that one.
FieroGuy9890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGuy9890Click Here to visit FieroGuy9890's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGuy9890Direct Link to This Post
Does the thermostat housing or cap leak at all? Also do you need the terminal block? it looks like this, http://www.jegs.com/webapp/...0002_758462_-1_10409
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
neither of them had any leaks. you'll need a new housing gasket, as i'm sure you know. the cap is brand new and didn't leak. where would that terminal block be located? if i can find it, i'll throw it in the box.
FieroGuy9890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGuy9890Click Here to visit FieroGuy9890's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGuy9890Direct Link to This Post
The terminal block is right in front of the battery, like towards the back of the car, it has 2 studs in it with wires attached and a nut on each stud. and as for the thermostat housing stuff is that $20 shipped? and what kind of payment do you accept?
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
Is the fuel pump recently new? If so I would be interested in it for the v-8 swap.
LMK
Thanks Gary
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
the fuel pump is brand new. i just installed it a few weeks ago. it's only been through some idleing phases so it's still new. when i drop the engine and tank, i'll get it out for you. trade ya for a set of wing stands?
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post

shawnkfl

2457 posts
Member since Oct 2004

Originally posted by FieroGuy9890:

The terminal block is right in front of the battery, like towards the back of the car, it has 2 studs in it with wires attached and a nut on each stud. and as for the thermostat housing stuff is that $20 shipped? and what kind of payment do you accept?

$20.00 shipped is correct. i'l go out right now and see if i can get the terminal block for you. if i can (it's raining like mad) i'll pull it and throw it in. if i get too wet i'll have to charge $5.00 extra! j/k

paypal is fine or money order. either is fine. pm me which way you choose. i can box everything up tonight and get it ready to go.
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post

shawnkfl

2457 posts
Member since Oct 2004
i'm not seeing the terminal block in my car. i've searched all around my battery and i don't see it. anyone have a pic of the location?
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post

shawnkfl

2457 posts
Member since Oct 2004
FieroGuy9890...i found out that i cannot use the 84 sending unit for my V6 swap, so when i drop the tank to get the fuel pump out, you have dibs on the sending unit. i won't get that far until after the weekend though. this weekend i'm dropping the cradle and engine and if i have time left, i'll drop the tank.
PFF
System Bot
FieroGuy9890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGuy9890Click Here to visit FieroGuy9890's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGuy9890Direct Link to This Post
Umm okay how much do you want for your sending unit? And I'll try to snap a pic of my terminal block location tomorrow or something when I'm ripping the whole back end apart to try and see what just went wrong with my clutch.
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
fuel sending unit, $30.00 shipped sound reasonable?

edit to add....when i bought this 84, the guy told me he just had a new clutch installed before the starter went out. i am planning an auto swap so i don't need the trans or the clutch. so if you end up needing a clutch, i'd be happy to hook you up with a sweet deal. if in fact, it is a new clutch anyway. won't know that until i i get it all stripped down.

[This message has been edited by shawnkfl (edited 08-01-2007).]

ly41181

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ly41181Send a Private Message to ly41181Direct Link to This Post

Umm okay how much do you want for your sending unit? And I'll try to snap a pic of my terminal block location tomorrow or something when I'm ripping the whole back end apart to try and see what just went wrong with my clutch.

I don't think the 84's have the terminal block. Mine does not. 85 and up do.
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
that would explain why i couldn't find it. the only connection around the battery on my 84 is one single ground wire.
FieroGuy9890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGuy9890Click Here to visit FieroGuy9890's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGuy9890Direct Link to This Post
that all sounds very reasonable. Just out of curiosity I doubt i can afford a brand new clutch, but i don't want to drop my trans twice for clutch work, so how much would you want for that clutch? I know I'll need a different T/O bearing since they are trans specific but i'm pretty sure everything else would work in my 85' 5-speed
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
when i get it out, and if it really is new, how's $35.00 shipped? if it's not new, but useable, you can have it for shipping cost. i'll let you know what i find when i pull the trans.
FieroGuy9890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGuy9890Click Here to visit FieroGuy9890's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGuy9890Direct Link to This Post
Well that all sounds great. I'll see what i can come up with.
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
topside...
FieroGuy9890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2007 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGuy9890Click Here to visit FieroGuy9890's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGuy9890Direct Link to This Post
you have a PM
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
one last bump before the scrappers get the rest. i dropped then cradle today so everythins is easier to get at. still some good parts on it. tranny is there, good clean rust free cradle, engine block with all internals, head, A/C compressor (seems ok) i hate to scrap the cradle. it's the first one i've seen with no rust!
PFF
System Bot
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2007 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
maybe i'll find a place to store the cradle. it would be a sweet platform for a V8 swap sometime down the road.....the tranny will be off tomorrow, then the engine will follow. saturday, i've got a date at the scrappers to unload all of the stuff i don't need. so....the rest of this week any parts left are free. just cover shipping costs or come pick them up.
FieroGuy9890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGuy9890Click Here to visit FieroGuy9890's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGuy9890Direct Link to This Post
That head sounds good to me but I have a big feeling that shipping will be a killer.
FieroGuy9890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGuy9890Click Here to visit FieroGuy9890's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGuy9890Direct Link to This Post
Do you still have that Fuel sending unit?
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post

Do you still have that Fuel sending unit?

i do still have it. i started to drop the tank last night. i got chased away by mosquitos before i finished. i will have it out this weekend and take some pictures of it for you.

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
How much for the entire head with valves, springs and rockers still attached. And can you get me a weight of the head and a rough measurement so i can calculate shipping?

thanks you
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
you missed it by one day. i took the rest of the duke and a 2.8 to the scrapyard yesterday during my lunch break. i knew i should have took the head off. all that's left from the duke now are all of the brackets .
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
Did what you took to the scrap yard in include the AC compressor and brackets? The only time I get to check the mall is on weekends.....!!
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
i still have the A/C compressor and brackets. i don't know if the A/C compressor is good though. it seems like it is, but i cannot test it.
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
How much do you want for the set up? Shipped to 75409
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
probably around $15.00 to ship so how about $40.00 shipped to you?
PFF
System Bot
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
Can you send me a pic of the end opposite from the pulley. I want to make sure it's got the same wiring and hose connections as I need. Will the pulley turn? Want to make sure it's not froze up. If it's not good I could use it for a core maybe.

Dave
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
i get some pics this afternoon. it does turn freely and seemed to engage when i had the engine installed. my A/C needed a charge though so i couldn't tell specifically.
FieroGuy9890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGuy9890Click Here to visit FieroGuy9890's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGuy9890Direct Link to This Post
How much for the fuel sending unit to 43611?
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post

How much for the fuel sending unit to 43611?

$30.00 SHIPPED?
FieroGuy9890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGuy9890Click Here to visit FieroGuy9890's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGuy9890Direct Link to This Post
Okay sounds good. PM me with where to send the M.O. and I'll send it out on payday.
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
it seems my cat used my jump drive as a play toy and hid it on me. i'll have to find the damn thing so i can post pictures requested. i think that just made up my mind to get a savannah cat for this one to play with....

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock