Started on: 07-15-2007 02:05 PM
Replies: 23
Last post by: shawnkfl on 07-29-2007 10:03 AM
shawnkfl

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
i've tried and tried to save this one, but it doesn't want to be saved. the interior has been completely redone black and tan. i just cannot afford her any longer so it has to go. i will strip and sell every part that i can to try to recoup some of my money back, the rest i can sell to the recycler.

any parts that i take off to be sold, will include the mounting hardware where applicable. lots of new parts and lots of refinised parts. car is complete so everything and anything goes. shoot the offers out here (please, no pms for this one, i can keep track better here). you pay actual shipping charges or pick up for anyone local. if any part, like the engine (will part that too) or cradle is asked for, i'll need time to get them out. i'll strip the car as parts are sold. this is a 90-95% rust free florida car too. gas tank is shiney inside with a new fuel pump installed. all cables are brand new fiero store cables. This is a 4speed manual trans. so, what do you need? lets hear the offers, and i'll start dismantling!

[This message has been edited by shawnkfl (edited 07-15-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Thats too bad, I dont need anything but dont forget the swap meet is coming up next month.
dcfox

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post
How about some interior shots?
Might be some stuff there I need.

------------------
--David

Black '86 GT-under construction
Silver '87 GT-daily driver

Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear I wish it will all work out to whatever happen ..Rob
BrewCheese

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrewCheeseSend a Private Message to BrewCheeseDirect Link to This Post
How about a list of new or near new parts you have on there.

Thanks,
Jason
ly41181

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ly41181Send a Private Message to ly41181Direct Link to This Post
pm sent. That sux on your car. I've seen lots of threads where you've tried to fix her.

Josh

edit: crap, forgot about the no pms. Ok, if you have a good bottom stripe/tan seat skin I would be very interested.

[This message has been edited by ly41181 (edited 07-15-2007).]

shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
here's the interior. it's all been redone. the seats covers are iggee off ebay and match perfectly. everything has been redone with duplicolor vinyl dye. black and tan.

the engine looks like this

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

that's a powder coated air filter housing and matching valve cover. they are both chrome smoke color.

body shots

and under the front

new part are:

new belts (both of them)
coolant temp sensor
coolant temp sender (fan switch?)
thermostat (195*)
thermostat cap
radiator cap
fuel pump
fuel filter
fuel injector
dash speakers (rca)
clutch slave cylinder
clutch pedal
spark plugs
plug wires
distributor cap
rotor
starter and solenoid
power window motors
every switch inside the car (power mirrors, power windows, headlight, dimmer)
radiator (not brand new, but newer)
coolant overflow tank
fuel pump relay
shift cable
select cable
throttle cable

i'm sure i'm missing a few others too.

i hate to part it out because it's soooo close to being finished. it just has a radiator fan issue where the fan won't come on unless the A/C in on, and i'm all out of time and money on this one. all of the body panels are good (need paint). both sail panels are trash but i do have a decent set here.

i'm going to try one last ditch effort to get the cooling fan working before i start tearing it down for parting out but post up your needs. if i'm fighting a losing battle, she's coming apart!
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
The fan switch is in the head, if its bad or has sealer on the threads it could be causing the problem.
I think they are the same as the 2.8 round with a funny looking connector. Has a green wire going to it.

Oh and for the record my GT fan only comes on with the AC I dont have the temp switch hooked up yet. Think I will just ground the wire and let the fan run all the time.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 07-15-2007).]

Cadillac Jack

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cadillac JackSend a Private Message to Cadillac JackDirect Link to This Post
If your haven't changed your mind about parting this out, I need the plug (hopefully with some wire attached) that connects to the speed sensor. If your interested in selling just that PM me with the price.
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2007 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

The fan switch is in the head, if its bad or has sealer on the threads it could be causing the problem.
I think they are the same as the 2.8 round with a funny looking connector. Has a green wire going to it.

Oh and for the record my GT fan only comes on with the AC I dont have the temp switch hooked up yet. Think I will just ground the wire and let the fan run all the time.

Yep, been through that on 4-5 fiero's myself, my 88 coupe 3.4L 4 speed currently has the switch grounded out till i can fix the problem, *IF* you can ground the fan switch and the fan comes on then the switch is your problem.

matthew

ly41181

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2007 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ly41181Send a Private Message to ly41181Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by shawnkfl:

that's a powder coated air filter housing

How much for this?

Josh

------------------
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."
Adam Savage

86gt 4spd
87gt 5spd, parts car

PFF
System Bot
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2007 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
sorry guys. i'm going to hold off just a little while longer. i've grounded the wires at the relay and the fan comes on. there is a few other issues though but i'm going to give it chance to get on her feet. at least until this weekend.
ly41181

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2007 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ly41181Send a Private Message to ly41181Direct Link to This Post
That cool. Get her on the road! The more 84's the better.

Josh
dcfox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2007 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post
You're so close...I bet if you sell it...you'll regret it almost instantly.
I sold my '84 in'87 and regretted it immediately.
It took me 20 years to get another one.
I'd say keep it...finish it...and enjoy it.
I went from 1...to zero for 20 years...to 2 withing a couple weeks...and can see adding AT LEAST 2 more before too long.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2007 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shawnkfl:

sorry guys. i'm going to hold off just a little while longer. i've grounded the wires at the relay and the fan comes on. there is a few other issues though but i'm going to give it chance to get on her feet. at least until this weekend.

That's the spirit! Much as I'd like to clean you out for a few parts, it's even more gratifying to see another Fiero spared the humility of being parted out

They aren't exactly making any more of them.

Plus sent your way for giving her one last chance at life.
HellYes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2007 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HellYesSend a Private Message to HellYesDirect Link to This Post
Don't part it out, get it a parts car.

Bumperpad > GT

------------------

Like electronica?
http://www.rantradio.com/rr-industrial128.pls

mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2007 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
id hate to see you part it out but if you decide to i got dibs on those seats. That interior looks to good to quit now.
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2007 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
i thank you guys for the words of encouragement. it's depressing as hell just looking at it every day and not driving it. if it had any rust on it, i'd part it or if i knew i had no chance of getting it running. it's so damn close and i know it. i'm just not that familiar with the duke. it's way more picky than the 2.8. i'm even starting to like the bumperpad look! i'm a balanced scale with one side saying part it and the other saying fix it. right now i don't see the light but i'm sure i will thank you guys for convincing me to keep at it. i know one thing....i won't buy another car that has sat for eight years! too many parts go bad quickly without use, and the replacement costs add up.
ly41181

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2007 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ly41181Send a Private Message to ly41181Direct Link to This Post
pm sent Shawn

Josh
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2007 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
got you covered. i remembered you wanted the air cleaner housing and were the first to ask about it.
FieroGuy9890

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2007 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGuy9890Click Here to visit FieroGuy9890's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGuy9890Direct Link to This Post
What problems are you having with the car keeping it from being drivable? I got my 85 2m4 after it sat for nearly 10 years so I have somewhat of an idea about what your dealing with. Maybe I could help you out with your car. That interior looks amazing, and don't give up on it. As much as I could use a few parts off that car to finish mine, I'd much rather see another fiero on the road.

------------------
It's a never ending project... That i might not even get to start

PFF
System Bot
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2007 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
actually, it's running like a champ now. but i have a newly rebuilt 3.4 just sitting here that i'm going to swap in. i'm going to keep the car now, but everything in the engine bay (cradle and all) has to go. alot of new parts are on the duke too. i've posted a new thread about parting the duke, but i'll keep track of both for any parts that are needed. i'd like to sell off as much as i can before scrapping it. and even then, i'll hold on to parts if i have room. i cannot keep the block, but i will strip it down and keep what i can in case someone needs something.

[This message has been edited by shawnkfl (edited 07-28-2007).]

VFR182

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2007 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VFR182Send a Private Message to VFR182Direct Link to This Post
how many miles on the car? i need a 84 duke enngine. let me know. thanks
shawnkfl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
i have no idea how many miles are on it. it was exempt in florida before i bought it and i know the odometer is wrong. it reads 38K and some change. no way that's actual. possible, yes, but not probable. the engine runs great now though. i've put a bunch of new parts into it. the only thing it needs is the radiator fan switch. i had one ordered but since i've decided to swap the engine, i cancelled the order. that would be a long weekend trip from kentucky though for a pickup. i wouldn't even know how to begin to ship the thing. if you want to pick it up, you can have the cradle, tranny, wiring harness ECM......everything. except the air filter housing. that was sold already to a member here.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock