Started on: 07-15-2007 01:34 AM
Replies: 17
Last post by: sjmaye on 07-23-2007 04:39 AM
DtheC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
I was scrounging stuff at the local junk yard and found a back deck weather strip. I know these were removed during 1 of the recalls, but this 2M4 still had the strip so's I grabed it. Judging from the deformation on the strip, there were 6 clips holding these on. Anybody have any of the metal clips, I malfunctated a few getting the strip off.

------------------
Ol' Paint, 88 Base coupe auto.
Turning white on top, like owner.
Leaks a little, like owner.
Doesn't smoke, unlike owner

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DtheC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2007 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
Once more around the block.
sjmaye

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2007 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I don't have any. Your find gave me the idea to check my local junkyard. Can you tell me if these recall flaps were on both GTs and notchbacks? I can check this weekend.
Winkie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2007 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post
Here they have the weather strip with the clips. If you contact them you might be able to get just the clips.

http://www.kansasfieros.com.../4425685/4560983.htm
DtheC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2007 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
Pluses for you, PM sent and thanks for the re-direct.
Notchie and GT decks attach at the same place to a common sub frame member?
I'm pretty sure the decks would be nearly identical along this edge.
reinhart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2007 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartDirect Link to This Post
Usually there are a few still on the decklids that had the recall. Just look at the junkyard Fieros you'll see the dealers were sloppy and often left a few clips on the lids.
Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2007 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
Yeah the 'tards didn't take them off and you end up getting all cut up and scraped when reaching around down there... Got a good cut from the ones on my '88. If you haven't found any I have the ones I pulled off it. Think I have 2 or 3 more of the things somewhere in my tent. One will likely end up on the car, or maybe something like that U-shaped channel someone was selling a while back... Attached to the firewall and the decklid, so water would only drain out the sides / ends of it instead of down when you opened the decklid. I should have bought one when they were for sale here...
DtheC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2007 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
Water/snow has cracked 2 exhaust manifolds, thats 1 too many. Keep me in mind hopefully somebody can find me some.
Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2007 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
If you still need 'em, I can get some in the mail Saturday morning... They've got a bit of surface rust, but can be sanded and painted. (that and they're partially red-oversprayed) Damn, that means the trunk's been painted too... Supposedly this car has original paint, but both the hood and trunk have overspray... Maybe it was done early in life..? Anyway, let me know.
Winkie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2007 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post
I have one on my car. I would watch out it dumps the water right on the down pipe. Thats better then the manifold but still not great.
RossT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2007 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Riceburner98:

If (that and they're partially red-oversprayed) Damn, that means the trunk's been painted too... Supposedly this car has original paint, but both the hood and trunk have overspray... Maybe it was done early in life..? Anyway, let me know.

That was the way the cars were painted at the factory!! The overspray on the clips and under the hood and trunk is factory!, if you didn't have it then the car was a repaint.

[This message has been edited by RossT (edited 07-20-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2007 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
Son of A!!! LOL I'd seen it on a few cars, figured it wasn't original paint. I guess the show car guys must remove it then..
DtheC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2007 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
DtheC,

I went to the junkyard this yesterday. I found one! I knew there were more Fieros on the lot so I thought I would check for at least the clips for you, but no cigar. None of the remaining cars had the engine compartment lids left on them. Maybe another trip, sorry!

Thanks for the idea.
DtheC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
Riceburner98 and Kansas Fieros are sending some. Maybe I'll have some pix about the install, TD&Q will be the place for this.
Thanks and +'s
Robert 2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post
If you want the one that attached to the lid and firewall here is the E-Mail address

Mwfreed1@aol.com
Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2007 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
Ah Ha! --> https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...050410-2-049534.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...040710-1-036753.html
Did a search on that email address and came up with the threads... From 2003 though, wonder if he still does them... (found other recent threads saying he does! ) Looking at the pictures though, I don't think I'll be able to get to the 3800 oil dipstick with the stock one or that one... It's tough as it is with nothing there... Thanks for the email address!

[This message has been edited by Riceburner98 (edited 07-23-2007).]

sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2007 04:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Riceburner98:

From 2003 though, wonder if he still does them... (found other recent threads saying he does! )

The design looks good. Let us know if he still sells them

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock