Started on: 07-03-2007 07:42 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: sofakingluckie on 07-17-2007 06:38 PM
Brian Lamberts

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2007 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post
Okay here's the problem: In less that 2 weeks, I'm moving to Tucson. Loading the truck on Monday July 16.

I have an 88 Base Coupe, 4 cylinder automatic. About 110,000 miles. With a fast back conversion, looks like a GT, complete with grey lace wheels (and a couple of hundred bucks worth of almost new tires.) At the moment, the dash is out, the a/c doesn't blow cold (could check that out and I might be able to put some refrig. gas in) It runs pretty well, has the 'stumble'. Has a 120 mph speedo, a V6 tach that's converted for use in an 4 cyl., and center console rally gauges. The rally gauges oil pressure gauge indicates low oil pressure at idle, but I suspect that it's just the wrong sender. Has tan interior, and 86 SE seats.

Needs the driver's side quarter window (I have a decent passenger side one to go with the deal.) Tail lights are a little delam'd but look good, and all the lights work. Needs paint. It's a west coast car, chassis has little or no rust.

Yes, that is a wingless rear deck.

Brakes are good, shifts good (trannie is fine,) runs down the road just fine, and gets great mileage.

I got it with the idea of doing a 4.9, but I am moving, I'm pretty much out of gas on big projects (I'm 55, and diabetic and energy doesn't come easily.) So I have a 4.9 to go with it, with partially converted harness, nice clean alternator, starter, and probably a start on an a/c compressor. (The 4.9 has rebuilt heads, honed and fresh ringed cylinders, and crank & rod bearings. It does have one of the trans to engine mounting spots broken off.)

It would drive anywhere in the country & taking or not taking the V8 is not a deal breaker. And I've got shipping engines down pretty well, tho.

In one week, I'm calling pic' n' pull! I can't take it to AZ, I don't want to, I don't have room down there, and I need whatever money I can scrape together.

So here's the bottom line, DEAL OF THE CENTURY, all of it, $700 or best offer by Saturday night. & it must be gone by the following week (like by Wednesday.) I'll pick anyone up at the airport, train, station, or the greyhound. And I have a fridge with cold beer and a comfy sofa to sleep on . I can put the interior stuff back in, btw. Probably will anyway.

I'd rather get something out of it an have it go to a Fiero person than have it get stripped and smushed.

This is the first shot, For Members Only ( ), tomorrow I'll list it on Ebay.

[This message has been edited by Brian Lamberts (edited 07-03-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
crt454

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crt454Send a Private Message to crt454Direct Link to This Post
That sounds like a great deal to me. If I wasn't heading to FL this week (Pepsi 400) would definately think about this. Good luck.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
bump for you - great deal, if only I was closer

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 07-05-2007).]

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
When the gt conversion was done did you replace the torsion strut bars? Do you still have the origional coupe rear bumper. How much for the car with no 4.9?
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
The wheels look fine to me.
jack_ink

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jack_inkClick Here to visit jack_ink's HomePageSend a Private Message to jack_inkDirect Link to This Post
PM'd
FieroGuy9890

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGuy9890Click Here to visit FieroGuy9890's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGuy9890Direct Link to This Post
I would love to take it off your hands, about a month ago I had the money but I think your too far either way.
Fierari

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2007 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierariSend a Private Message to FierariDirect Link to This Post
Anyone in the bay area interested in going in together on this if he can't sell the car? I, for one, have no place for another car. But at least for parts? Ya know, the first thing Pick 'n Pull is going to do is destroy the gas tank, probably the cooling tubes and in less than a couple of hours in the yard the rear decklid, tailights and the console will be trashed. I've been looking for all the parts to convert a manual to an auto particularly from an '88 beechwood interior. And decent tailights and a wingless decklid interest me too.
Brian Lamberts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post
You know, it has pretty much everything to make it look like a GT, I replaced the paddle horn wheel with a GT style, it has the correct 15 inch wheels for an 88 (different width front and back.) I'd even toss in a GT nose badge. More about it. It's got almost new Firestone Firehawk 500 tire. For $700, it would be worth getting on Southwest and flying over to get it.

I probably won't turn it over to pick n pull, afterall. What is running through my head now is to do a quick machine sand--surface prep, and a fast wet sand with 320 grit. And then take into Maaco for a quick, cheap paint job so it looks fairly good. The interior is pretty nice, it will be missing one of the quarter windows but otherwise will look good (and has moderately low, 110,000 miles, mileage for a 20 year old car.) Then I'll drive it to my brother's where my nephew-in-law will take his time with the selling of it and hopefully get me enough to cover the car, a paint job, his commission, and a little extra for me.

It's still for sale, but will probably be withdrawn on Saturday, if I spend the time on it and get the single stage paint job, it's gonna be sold through normal procedures (as on Craigslist, for $1400 or $1500.)

So if you Northern Ca guys want it, time is now, this deal expires on Saturday.

Brian Lamberts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post

Brian Lamberts

2691 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

When the gt conversion was done did you replace the torsion strut bars? Do you still have the origional coupe rear bumper. How much for the car with no 4.9?

$700. I'm trying to get rid of stuff, it's a good deal with or without the 4.9. Nothing has been done to the suspension. The original coupe rear fascia and undelying egg crate & metal bumper were torn, torn, and dented, so they were replaced with what I had at the time.
Brian Lamberts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post

Dash, etc. is back in, I put some refrigerant in, and it's blowing cold.

Gonna clean it up and start prepping it for paint, probably start sanding in the morning (Sunday.)

[This message has been edited by Brian Lamberts (edited 07-07-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
wriott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wriottSend a Private Message to wriottDirect Link to This Post
if you were closer id be there in a heartbeat, its a great deal but toooo far for me. good luck with whatever you do
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
Brian,
I would like to buy it if I can pick it up next weekend. PM sent
Leroy
Brian Lamberts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post
As we discussed on the phone, next Saturday will be fine. PM sent with all the particulars.

Whew! What a relief. Fierotaz (Leroy) is buying it.
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
Deposit sent via e-mail, see you next Saturday.
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Happy to hear it been sold ..Nice fiero for a cheap price
Brian Lamberts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post
Fierotaz: Good to meet you. Hope you get back to the Phoenix area without any adventures (he's got the car and 4.9 on a trailer.)

Looking forward to seeing the chop top, so I'll be in touch when I get in the S. Az area.
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2007 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
Brian it was nice to meet you and look forward to seeing you in AZ soon. We made it home ok, but had a blow out on the trailer heading over to Sacramento. Fortunatly we had a spare, a floor jack and my new Snap on cordless impact wrench. Well we limped it for the 40 miles to the nearest tire shop and three tires later (dry rot on the tires) we were on the way. Thanks for all the extra parts you threw in it was a pleasure doing business with you.
Leroy
sofakingluckie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2007 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sofakingluckieClick Here to visit sofakingluckie's HomePageSend a Private Message to sofakingluckieDirect Link to This Post
Brian thank you so much for your help and i cant wait for you to drive the car after i put the v8 in. See you in AZ.

Thanks

Dave

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock