308 Replica in Augusta, GA by psychosurfer
Started on: 06-17-2007 08:27 PM
Replies: 22
Last post by: psychosurfer on 08-09-2007 10:40 PM
psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2007 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone. Well, as many of you knwo I am moving out of the country and am unable to take my vehicles, so here goes my toy. It is a 1986 Fiero GT which has been converted to a 308 GTBI replica. The build was done in 1990 and has all teh real badges. The car is a 2.8 with a getrag and has just turned 30,000 original miles. 10,000 of the miles I have put on teh car in the last year as a daily driver here in augusta. THe interior is nice with no cracks or warping. THe seats could be redone due to showing signs of the typical bolster wear. Also, I have a new headliner which I have not yet installed. Have the LeBarron brake brakcets whcih have been powder coated black as well as briaded stainless brake hoses for it. In addition I have the coil-over rear struts to go on it as well. The paint is old but is very presentabel. HAs a few blemished here and there as typical with a daily driver but I would not be afraid to show it again with pride. Tires are good, runs great, cold a/c, I realize that I will not get what I have into the car back out, but I must sell it and SOON. I posted the car here before and was unable to psot pics. Car is in Augusta GA and title is on-hand and ready to have your name put on it!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2007 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
Send me some pics.
Price?
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2007 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in a price as well...I will worry about pics if you are willing to sacrifice it for a price I can pay.
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2007 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post
Taking offers below 10k. I have WELL over 16 into the car ans will let it go for...say, 9150...make me some REALISTIC offers. YOu all know I am in a bind to sell it, but I am not looking to get run over the coals on it either.
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2007 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
If you email me pics, I will gladly post them for you.

CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2007 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
Please email me some pics as well. cowspatoot at gmail.com
I would also be happy to post them for you, but I am sure he will beat me to it.
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2007 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post
Thanks fellas. I will click a few as soon as I get home this eavining.
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2007 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
I am on the way to work, so will not be able to post pics til I get home. Send them to me anyway and if they are not up when I get home, I will post them..

psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2007 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post
Here is the text form when I posted it a while back, as you can see I have put a few miles on it since then:

As promised, up for sale is my 1986 fiero gt 308gtbi replica.

The good:
UNDER 30,000 original miles
very clean in and out
new clutch amster and slave
car is a very reliable daily driver
drive ANYWHERE with confidence!!!
new hoses, belts, filters, fluids
ultimate dog bone
brand new $150.00 speakers in dash (sound GREAT)

The bad:
littel paint cracking on right front fender
passenger electric door lock very slow
headlight switch touchy when turning ligths on
"heel" hole in driver floor mat

Extras:
have powder coated lebaron conversion brackets
braided stainless steele hoses
machined front hubs for conversion

Car looks good enough to show, though ti does have typical paint chips associated with a daily driver car

Had 20k miles on it when I got it, has been a daily driver since and been very reliable.
Please feel free to ask questions. Must sell as my wife and I are relocating and will be unable to take our cars.
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2007 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
"She who must be obeyed" (my accountant) said absolutely not, so I have to turn it down. But here are some pics of it:

psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2007 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post
Thank you very much for posting the pics! Sorry for the poor quality, and I sure am embarrased about how dirty it is. Getting ready for the big move has put car cleaning on the back burner.

If you are interested, make an offer. We are moving soon, so it must go to a good home soon...
PFF
System Bot
Indiana_resto_guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2007 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pics!
E-mail returned!!
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2007 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post
I have got TONS of emails about the car. I will respond to each when I get home tonight. Will do my best to snap all the requested pictures and email them.

John, let me know what time you think you will be here to check it out friday so I can be sure to be home.
Thanks-
Scott
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2007 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post

psychosurfer

2008 posts
Member since Mar 2006
LOL!!! I just walked out to my truck to grab my bag when a new Benz pulled in my driveeway. I live across for Augusta National and see a lot of traffic roll by. This guy gets out and tells me how he is in charge of some ferrari rally here in Augusta this Saturday. Tells me all about his 355, and 328 and all teh other 30 plus Ferraris that will be there this saturday. He said he had seen my "Ferrari" in my car port and had been driving by hoping to catch me outside to invite me as well. The info is over ona site called "Ferrari chat" or some such. Very nice guy, and I believe a good testimonial to the authentic look of this car!!! LOL!!! This is the reason I ever enev bought this car!
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
Could you post or e-mail some interior pic's? Plus maybe a side shot of the car!
How soon must the sale be completed?
Would the car make a few hundred of miles trip home to the new owner?
Thanks Gary

[This message has been edited by GKDINC (edited 06-22-2007).]

psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post
GAry, I will take the car out saturday afternoon and take soem better shots. I just drove the car to Key west from Augusta GA a couple months ago. THis is a low-mileage car. THe bad part about low mileage older cars is that they tend to have dried out seals and gaskets and can often need lots of work. This car, though it has very low miles, has been a dialy driver for the past year, so all those issues have been addressed early on.
DRA

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post
Just a bump, I've seen the car and it is a very nice re-body.

Any more pics Scott?

------------------
Dealing with failure is easy: work hard to improve. Success is also easy to handle: you've solved the wrong problem, work hard to improve.

Indiana_resto_guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
psychosurfer

I will try to give you a ring his weekend.
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post
Keep trying to get some pics...unfortunatly when I have time its raining LOL!!! Look forward to the calls and emails from those of you who siad you will be getting in touch this weekend. I will be out of the country again from Sunday thru the following monday with the mag so please try and call saturday late afternoon. If you dont get me I will call you back asap on saturday.
Surfs Up!
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone! I have tons of interest in my car, its like a driveway carshow a few times a week! Unfortunately no one has actually had any money to buy the car. Its always a bit disappointing when someone pulls up in a total POS to look at a car that you know they cant afford. I love showing it off, but am just so busy with the move and all that it is irritating. I do not have anymore time to take and psot pics, but I MUST sell the car by friday teh 17th. If you are SERIOUSLY interested and have reasonable funds, please make me an offer. This is a great car that has been my daily driver for over a year and a half wiht no problems. Title is in hand and ready to have your name on it. If I was not moving so far away, I would not even consider selling it. Thanks everyone for your interest!
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post

psychosurfer

2008 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Thanks for all the pms and emails today everyone. I feel I must mention I am not going to sell it for only a couple grand. i would rather donate the car to Kids Restart so they can auction it off rather than sell it for pennies on the dollar )at least that way i can have a 12k donation deduction). MAke me a realistic offer if you are interested. THanks again for your interest.
PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
I didn't know if you're a member, so I made a post for you on the kitcar forum. Beautiful car - hope you get a good price

http://www.kitcarsforum.com...or-sale-t8878.0.html
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post
thank you everyonefor your interest! As of now the car is "sold." The new buyer said he will be here saturday to pick it up. I will let you know if it falls through for any reason. Thanks again!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock