2.8 turbo kit for sale by cdsracer88
Started on: 05-17-2007 04:29 PM
Replies: 24
Last post by: 86_IRM_TURBO on 08-27-2007 12:33 PM
cdsracer88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2007 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cdsracer88Send a Private Message to cdsracer88Direct Link to This Post
I have a KFG setup with stainless crossover and downpipe. I had the turbo gone through by Cliff at Turbo Power near Sacramento, CA....it has a ceramic turbine, polished compressor housing and ceramic coated exhaust side. It is pretty. I will include everything that I have for the kit: air/fuel gauge, boost gauge, gauge pod, HKS SSQV (authentic) two stage blow-off valve, manual boost controller, custom chip, 19lb injectors, air filter, hoses, pipes etc...I had the kit on the car for a little over two years running 9-10psi of boost on a 114k mile engine with a 5-speed. I put Eagle F1 245's on the rear to keep from burning the tires off. Great thrust in 1st and 2nd gear. I will pack it up and ship it in a rubbermaid style bin for protection. Pics available, just haven't taken them yet. Looking for interest and offers.

-Chris
530.four one seven.1983

I also have a set of 21 lb. injectors, a Greddy e-manage piggy-back computer, and an MSD 6-AL ignition looking to sell seperately.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Zimmer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-17-2007 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZimmerSend a Private Message to ZimmerDirect Link to This Post
You had this on a 2.8? Please send pics to jaydafresh1@aol.com and pm me a price, I'm definitely interested.
Dan010

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2007 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dan010Send a Private Message to Dan010Direct Link to This Post
Will this fit an automatic or stick shift or both???

Thanks
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2007 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in the MSD-6AL unit. What's your asking price?
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2007 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
I'm interested. Can I get pics and a price?
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2007 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested - cash and pickup ?
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2007 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Definitely interested as well.
Scythe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2007 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheDirect Link to This Post
Pics/price? Thx
IraSummers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2007 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IraSummersSend a Private Message to IraSummersDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scythe:

Pics/price? Thx

ditto

------------------
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Summers Show and Go
-Fiero Restoration, Performance, and Repair
-Sandblasting
-Powdercoating
-Automotive restoration
-more to come....

Boone NC
SummersI@bellsouth.net

cdsracer88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2007 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cdsracer88Send a Private Message to cdsracer88Direct Link to This Post
I'll get some pics tonight. Yes, this was on a 2.8 V6 with a 5-speed manual transmission. Not sure if it will fit an automatic or not. I put about $600+ into the turbo improvements, plus the kit and chip and add ons including another $300 for the HKS valve and the turbosmart boost controller. I've invested about $3500 into the whole thing. Hoping to get $1700 for all of it. Pick up is available, it will take me a couple of days to get it off of the car (it is in running order). Let me know what you guys think about the price.

For the MSD 6AL...let me get some pics for you, how about $135 shipped?
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2007 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

cdsracer88 said: For the MSD 6AL...let me get some pics for you, how about $135 shipped?

OK, looking forward to those photos.
PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2007 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
well, since you asked ... the last ime i checked, a whole NorthStar engine goes for about that much ...
cdsracer88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2007 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cdsracer88Send a Private Message to cdsracer88Direct Link to This Post
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2007 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Well, looks like I won't be needing the ignition box after all. So here's a free bump for you.
cdsracer88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2007 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cdsracer88Send a Private Message to cdsracer88Direct Link to This Post
OK, so is anyone interested at a lower price?

-Chris
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2007 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I would be interested at a much lower price and I'm sure many others. Everyone knows you have a lot invested in the kit and nobody means to offend you with lower offers, its just that I know for myself, at that price I would just keep saving for an engine swap or buy an older bike.

------------------

jimmythefieroguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2007 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimmythefieroguySend a Private Message to jimmythefieroguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cdsracer88:

OK, so is anyone interested at a lower price?

-Chris

Lowest price ?Any pictures?
jimmy
thefieroguy@yahoo.com
timgray

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2007 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post
will the kit work with an automatic?
also is there any cracks in the crossover pipe to the turbo? What are the bad parts of it.
The custom chip, did you have any detonation or knocking under boost? or is the tune in the chip 100% perfect?
cdsracer88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cdsracer88Send a Private Message to cdsracer88Direct Link to This Post
I don't know if it will work with an automatic, there are no cracks or problems with the crossover pipe. It will bolt up to stock manifolds. There are no bad parts, just used. After installing the custom chip, I did not have any problems with knocking or pinging (91 California pump gas), if anything, the chip is a little on the conservative side. I have had plans to put it on a dyno and dial it in a little further, but it has been a daily driver and I decided to go a different route as the engine that is in there was already tired when I put the turbo on it. The engine still runs properly and passes smog (the turbo has not destroyed the engine). It really improves power output on the V6 significantly and I am sure that there is more to be had after fuel pressure and timing are dialed 100%.

I'm interested in selling this ASAP: $1425 shipped.
cdsracer88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cdsracer88Send a Private Message to cdsracer88Direct Link to This Post
bump
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
pm
PFF
System Bot
86_IRM_TURBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2007 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_IRM_TURBOSend a Private Message to 86_IRM_TURBODirect Link to This Post
I have a tune that works well in my Miller-Woods Turbo setup. It's 2.8L @ 7psi Automatic.
fierogofast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogofastSend a Private Message to fierogofastDirect Link to This Post
are you including all the little stuff also like lines map sensor and what ever other small things needed to just throw it on the car
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2007 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Chris agreed to sell me this turbo for $900 in June. After calling me several times and many, many excuses he failed to send it. Last thing he told me was that he was moving and had no time to remove it from his car. I even offerrred to go to his house and pick it up and he said he had no time. From reading the above posts, does it sound like it was still installed on the car ?!

Now i get a message from a PFF member offerring to sell it to me for $1550 !!!!!!!

I don't blame the guy who now has it, but you can see that this is the kind of crap chris will pull, so think twice before trusting anything he says.

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 08-27-2007).]

86_IRM_TURBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2007 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_IRM_TURBOSend a Private Message to 86_IRM_TURBODirect Link to This Post
I had several requests for the tune I mentioned in this thread. I sent a copy to each of them. I don't know if anyone found them useful as I didn't hear back from any of them. Not even acknowledgement that they got them.
Strange.....

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock