Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Wanted! T-Top conversion kit - $50 US Reward for info.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Wanted! T-Top conversion kit - $50 US Reward for info. by Mister
Started on: 03-24-2007 08:59 AM
Replies: 25
Last post by: Mister on 06-11-2007 06:54 PM
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
I know this is a long shot, however…

Just like some of you, I've been searching high and low for a "T-Top conversion kit" (roof section) for my Fiero. I used all the "normal" search options… Now I bringing out the best search engine I know, people!
More so, PFF member (whom are known to be on the bizarre side of the force)

Now, to business…

* I`m looking to buy a complete T-Top section from a Fiero or a T-top parts car.
It has to be in good usable condition and have all main pieces. I don't mind completing a seal set or a plastic piece, if I can find it later.

Image from: http://www.fierottop.com/waterleak/leak1.html Thanks.

* Price range - up to $550USD depending on the condition and parts needed to make it work.

* Pictures will be required.

* Shipping - I will arrange for pickup, anywhere within 6 hours drive from Toronto, Ontario / Montreal, QC. Anywhere else, I'll pay for shipping.

** Now, to show I’m serious on it, I’ll offer a $50 USD reward for your T-Top lead. **

MOST IMPORTANT! Please DO NOT POST your lead information
** P.M me and I'll respond. **

* Conditions:
- If you (not owner), provide me with a lead on a T-Top parts car or a T-Top roof section for sale.
- I did not have this information at the time you informed me (I’ll be honest)
- I reserve the right to negotiate and refuse a deal (if it doesn’t work out)
- If your information will lead to a successful purchase.
- I will reward you (by Pay-Pal or other) the amazing sum of $50 USD. (after completion of purchase)

Thanks for your help, and happy hunting.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 04-07-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
hmmm there wa a guy on here i the mal a few days ago trying to sell an 84se t top...he had no bites so he was planning on parting out the car...i will see if i can dig up his thread...tim..
thismanyfieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post

thismanyfieros

3468 posts
Member since Dec 2002
aha..the guy is wiccantoy and he has a thread posted in general about removing the t top section to sell it...so drop wiccantoy a pm he might wanna do a deal...tim...
FieroFinatic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFinaticClick Here to visit FieroFinatic's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroFinaticDirect Link to This Post
there was a t-top section for sale about week 1/2 ago on ebay in north philadelphia, PA. I believe it was from a 87 GT. Not sure if the winning bidder payed or not ill check for ya though...i was watching the auction.
thismanyfieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
yeah i already sent an email to that guy also..went for $400 which is in your price range...still uncomfirmed if deal went through or not...tim..
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
From what I've seen in the last few years, you better adjust your price range to $450 to $750, especially if you want things like the headliner, map-light console and end caps. You're not likely to even get one t-top panel for $200.
xsrage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xsrageSend a Private Message to xsrageDirect Link to This Post
It hasnt been that long ago, couple of years, that I bought a whole t-top car that just needed a clutch on ebay for 350. So it should be possible to get the t-top parts for that or less. Just keep your eyes peeled!(my car is not for sale it is my daily driver now)
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thismanyfieros:
aha..the guy is wiccantoy and he has a thread posted in general about removing the t top section to sell it...so drop wiccantoy a pm he might wanna do a deal...tim...

P.M sent, Thanks

Originally posted by FieroFinatic:
there was a t-top section for sale about week 1/2 ago on ebay in north philadelphia, PA. I believe it was from a 87 GT. Not sure if the winning bidder payed or not ill check for ya though...i was watching the auction.

The guy's name is John, he posted it on Craigslist for $200US, after he agreed to sell it to me over the phone, he'd put it on eBay. Then when I called him, he lied about selling it to another guy that put it on eBay (I have proof)….Don't ask.

Originally posted by PaulJK:
From what I've seen in the last few years, you better adjust your price range to $450 to $750, especially if you want things like the headliner, map-light console and end caps. You're not likely to even get one t-top panel for $200.

I understand Paul, but that's my offer. I think $450US for a good set is fair.
If someone is willing to pay more, it means I'll have to wait longer to find it
But it will come...

Originally posted by xsrage:
It hasnt been that long ago, couple of years, that I bought a whole t-top car that just needed a clutch on ebay for 350. So it should be possible to get the t-top parts for that or less. Just keep your eyes peeled!(my car is not for sale it is my daily driver now)

True, a friend here in Ontario found a T-Top coup for $350 CAD.

- Thanks for the responds and P.M's
PFF members are living up to their rep…Keep it coming

**Please remember to P.M me with the info, rather then posting it**

------------------

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 03-25-2007).]

Earl-R

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Earl-RSend a Private Message to Earl-RDirect Link to This Post
When you find a T-Top you better make sure the weather seals are good. Those are even harder to find. If you do find a new set they will cost you at a minimum $700 for a new set. Then the P-seal will cost another $100 and another $150 for the pair of seals on the T-Top glass.

I'm not sayiny this to be mean, just experience from when I bought my T-Top. The seals were not that great and I spent a lot of time finding a set at a decent price which I did. After I bought my set the guy told me he increase the price of his seals $200. He had two sets left after I bought mine but they are gone now.

[This message has been edited by Earl-R (edited 03-25-2007).]

WisconsinGT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WisconsinGTSend a Private Message to WisconsinGTDirect Link to This Post
Also, you may want to be more spacific and ask for a non CJB T-Top. It is easier to find weather seals. (Can get new seals that are made for an 80's Mustang. $39.00 per seal.)
Earl-R

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Earl-RSend a Private Message to Earl-RDirect Link to This Post
The only difference between CJB and non-CJB is the weather seals. The trim for the headliner is built into the weather seal on CJB seals and non-CJB you have a seperate trim piece to hold the headliner in place around the opening. The seals on the T-Top glass is specific as well, the angle where the 2 meet are different. It's hard to find either CJB or non-CJB seals. The Mustang and Camaro seals are not a exact match. Believe me, I've bought both trying to find a alternative.

[This message has been edited by Earl-R (edited 03-25-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
WisconsinGT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WisconsinGTSend a Private Message to WisconsinGTDirect Link to This Post
Humm...What is the part number on your mustang seals? Mine fit perfect on my non-CJB top.

[This message has been edited by WisconsinGT (edited 03-25-2007).]

Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WisconsinGT:
Also, you may want to be more spacific and ask for a non CJB T-Top. It is easier to find weather seals. (Can get new seals that are made for an 80's Mustang. $39.00 per seal.)

Good info, Thanks WisconsinGT.
I guess a NON-CJB would be better, this way I'm not "killing" a rare CJB, EH!
However, at this point in the search I'd like to keep the options open to all.

Thanks again.

**To all the sent me a P.M - I'm trying to follow up on all leads the one that goes through WILL reward the donor $50US promised.**
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2007 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Waiting for some P.M replies...
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Bump...
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
PM indyellowgt on here and see if he has any left. He used to have a couple sets in his basement.
Cowabunga_kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cowabunga_kidSend a Private Message to Cowabunga_kidDirect Link to This Post
If I remember correctly I saw a T-Top roof section at the Fiero Factory over the Christams season, I would give them a call.
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cowabunga_kid: If I remember correctly I saw a T-Top roof section at the Fiero Factory over the Christams season, I would give them a call.

I emailed them awhile back, they said they had one and it’s not available any more.
something went wrong with the removal.

Feel free to double check and P.M me, Thanks.

** To all, please remember to use P.Ms**
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Got a couple of interesting P.Ms... Bump to remind replies

Happy Easter.
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
Wiccantoy has one for sale. You may want to drop him a PM.

He also has a complete 88 T-top for sale.

No finder's fee required here if you buy. Just put the $50 towards the t-tops to make things easier on yourself.

------------------
V8 "FinIERO" Fino Kit - www.finiero.com -
'87 T-top - soon to become the new "FinIERO" (fin-'yeah-row) donor car
'86 GT V8 (for sale)
'87 GT (for sale)

Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Saxman:Wiccantoy has one for sale. You may want to drop him a PM.
He also has a complete 88 T-top for sale. No finder's fee required here if you buy. Just put the $50 towards the t-tops to make things easier on yourself.

Thanks Saxman , we've been in P.M contact and I'm still checking options
PFF
System Bot
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
Sorry - didn't notice the PM only...
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2007 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Saxman:Sorry - didn't notice the PM only...

Cool.

Well, I'm still taking offers!
The long W.E is a great time to go T-Top shopping LOL

Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Price update:

* Price range - up to $550USD depending on the condition and parts needed to make it work.

* Pictures will be required.

* Shipping - I will arrange for pickup, anywhere within 6 hours drive from Toronto, Ontario / Montreal, QC. Anywhere else, I'll pay for shipping.

** Now, to show I’m serious on it, I’ll offer a $50 USD reward for your T-Top lead. (Finder's Fee)**

MOST IMPORTANT! Please DO NOT POST your lead information
** P.M me and I'll respond. **

* Conditions:
- If you (not owner), provide me with a lead on a T-Top parts car or a T-Top roof section for sale.
- I did not have this information at the time you informed me (I’ll be honest)
- I reserve the right to negotiate and refuse a deal (if it doesn’t work out)
- If your information will lead to a successful purchase.
- I will reward you (by Pay-Pal or other) the amazing sum of $50 USD. (after completion of purchase)

Thanks for your help, and happy hunting.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 04-07-2007).]

Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Mister

1975 posts
Member since Aug 2004
Bump
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2007 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Well ladies and gentlemen...
The reward system has proven itself
The info was given, the call has been made, the price was VERY attractive...and...
The deal has been done

Reward of $50 USD payed to the PFF member who helped me find the deal.
He had confirmed that he received it today.

More info to follow in the install thread TBA.

Thanks to everybody for their help.

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock