Fiero Pegasus 'wood cut-out' by 88GTFormula
Started on: 01-29-2007 12:00 AM
Replies: 28
Last post by: 88GTFormula on 03-01-2007 05:50 PM
88GTFormula

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
I've got a picture of one i've done. I'd like to sell them for $20.00 + $10 shipping to US & Canada. anywhere else, shoot me a PM we'll see if we can get something worked out.

sorry for the poor backround.

The only thing diffrent from this one and the ones for sale is the ones for sale do not have the line around the edge making the badge shape. (although if you are interested in this it is available to get that incooperated into the work for an additional $5.00-$15.00 depending what you want, I.E. a wood inlay around the edge or something as pictured above.) The one you order will 12x12inches and are 1/4 inch thick where as the one pictured above is approximately 8.5x11inches (if you'd like a bigger or smaller size, please contact me and ask questions, it too can be arranged depending what wood you'd like used; some is much harder to get than others in large sizes.)

Unless otherwise stated, pick your wood and ask me for a price qoute on a "basic pegasus"
the basic pegasus will cost $20.00 and will not have the badge line around the edge

I'll cut them out of poplar unless you tell me otherwise, if you have a special request please ask, I'll be glad to work with you on material types, sizes etc.

Wood types to choose from with an additional material cost:

Aromic cedar (additional $4.00)

Ash (additional $4.00)

Aspen (additional $3.00)

Basswood (additional $4.00)

Birch (additional $7.00)

Butternut (additional $4.00)

Cherry (additional $8.00)

Hackberry (additional $5.00)

Mahogany (additional $8.00)

Maple (additional 7.00)

Oak (additional $4.00)

Poplar (basic wood no additional charges)

Purpleheart (additional $7.00)

Red Alder (additional $4.00)

Satinwood (additional $8.00)

Walnut (additional $8.00)

~Tim Bonner

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 03-01-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cuestickjived

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cuestickjivedSend a Private Message to cuestickjivedDirect Link to This Post
Tim
Can you make me one that says "Fiero Jon" instead of just Fiero?
I'd go for the oak... you only live once!
Fiero Jon
jack_ink

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jack_inkClick Here to visit jack_ink's HomePageSend a Private Message to jack_inkDirect Link to This Post
exactly how big can you make these? I was also wondering if you have a package deal on 2 or 3 of em, as I think it would make a nice gift in each fiero when I give one to each of my little brothers... and I can do the finishing with airbrush to match the theme of thier cars as they will all be our show cars....

great Idea and yeah I'd like mine unfinished anyways

chris

will be PMin shortly
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jack_ink:

exactly how big can you make these? I was also wondering if you have a package deal on 2 or 3 of em, as I think it would make a nice gift in each fiero when I give one to each of my little brothers... and I can do the finishing with airbrush to match the theme of thier cars as they will all be our show cars....

great Idea and yeah I'd like mine unfinished anyways

chris

will be PMin shortly

I'll have to get back to ya on this one (im at home for lunch)... probally about 32"x32"
~Tim

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 01-29-2007).]

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004

Originally posted by cuestickjived:

Tim
Can you make me one that says "Fiero Jon" instead of just Fiero?
I'd go for the oak... you only live once!
Fiero Jon

Yes i can, I'll have to find my pontiac font and photoshop it... The letter will have to be made smaller if you want it all on the same line, so it'll fit on the wood.

~Tim

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004
Bump to the top for the night... feel free to ask questions as far as custom touches... (i do a wide variety of scroll saw cut-outs) but I'd like to focus on the pegasus's in this thread. don't hesitate to send me an PM or an email asking aobut other things as well if your interested. Anything from a self portrait to an animal portrait to wild west themes...

Back to the pegasus. In the meantime I'll work on finding pictures to go along with those names of materials... [edited]

$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
ill take one if you take paypal?
any smooth non "grainy ", harder wood, ill be painting it
pm me

[This message has been edited by $Rich$ (edited 01-29-2007).]

cuestickjived

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cuestickjivedSend a Private Message to cuestickjivedDirect Link to This Post
Tim,
OK, I'm in for a "Fiero Jon" in Ceder natural finish.
WHat do I owe you, and how can I get the money to you.
Fiero Jon
609-713-9609
www.fierojon.com
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by $Rich$:

pm me

PM Sent, I'd suggest Satinwood / Yellowheart (same type of wood) its very hard, and i've got a piece here

(i'll have to order materials most likely for your project if its anything other than oak, or mahogany at this point. so if your interested, contact me and we'll figure out which wood is best for you, etc...)

I'll need time to get the materials as i order them online. Im not making alot at all on any of these, I'm tring to give everyone the bare minimum prices. Keep the wheels turning folks, I promise you ill not be at all disappointed in the craftsmanship. Thanks for everyones intrest.

TG oreiF 8891

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Direct Link to This Post
Can you also do "Fiero GT" at the top instead of just Fiero?
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TG oreiF 8891:

Can you also do "Fiero GT" at the top instead of just Fiero?

Yes, I can cut it out, but my photoshop isn't working right. If someone could photoshop "Fiero GT" in the place of "Fiero" I could easily have that made into a pattern. If anyone would like to do a few photoshops to the text on the pattern for me, i'd really appriciate it.

~Tim

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 01-30-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
I just figured out why the picture looked funny.You should take another picture with a solid background so the true picture of your work shows.That said,I'll take 2 if I can send you a check or money order.Let me know.
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top again.

~Tim
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2007 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
up again.

Scrollsaw Blanks ordered this morning:

1-Aromic cedar (accounted for: Cuestickjived)
1- Ash (accounted for: Hugh)
*2- Poplar (basic pegasus wood, first come 1st serve basis.)
1- Aspen (accounted for: Hugh)
*1- Red Alder (recently added to the list of woods as well as a few others)

The place where i get my wood from is a very reputable company and their wood is very worth waiting for, that being said the only downside to it is theres a 3-15 day wait (depending how many orders they get when.) This is why I will as so many questions and am urging if your interested to let me know asap so i can get the wood ordered for your cut-out. Hopefully you guys can understand that I cut them faster than I can get them. I've finished the one $Rich$ ordered, him and i are working out the finishing touches now and he should have his within the next week. Then I'm sure he'll post his thoughts on the quality of the work as well as the wood. I'll encourage it anyway, I'm not looking to run away with anyones money (honestly I'm not even making much of a profit myself)

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 02-02-2007).]

hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2007 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
Profit is what you have left after deducting material AND labor costs.Your time has value too.
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
up to the top
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
and again...
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
I've got several custom patterns made up, working on the finishing touches on them yet (then i'll post pictures of them, should be within the next few days)

Something else to think about, would you be interested in getting a portrait of your fiero made into a pattern, then in turn cut out of wood? If you'd like a price quote on than, send me a picture by PM or email... Irmsrus (title the email "fiero portrait") I'll get it made into a pattern, them give you a quote depending on the detail etc...

The possibilities are near endless...

~Tim
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
i plan on getting one a week after Daytona in purpleheart, i promise! (PM me to remind me!)
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

i plan on getting one a week after Daytona in purpleheart, i promise! (PM me to remind me!)

I'll order the wood if not the end of this week, the beginning of the next (gotta wait for my paycheck to hit the bank.)

~Tim
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004
Got a few custom patterns finished (if you were one that had requested a certain pattern, lemmie know if you'd be happy with this design) please keep in mind that all the patterns do not include the badge shape around the edges unless requested.

Work with me on the custom ones and I'll work with you.
~Tim
PFF
System Bot
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
up to the top for the weekend crowd.
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post
bump
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
to the top again...
paulcal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post
Great to see you got this going Tim. For those with any doubts, I can tell you 1st hand that Tim does absolutely artistic work. I had him do a family portrait of my daughters family for Christmas and it was well worth the wait.

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

------------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!"

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by paulcal:

Great to see you got this going Tim. For those with any doubts, I can tell you 1st hand that Tim does absolutely artistic work. I had him do a family portrait of my daughters family for Christmas and it was well worth the wait.

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

I guess Paul mentioning this brings me to another thought. Anyone have a special portrait of a Fiero that you'd like made into a pattern, then in turn cut out of a piece of wood (like this family portrait)... They'd be really sharp at the shows.

It will be more than $20 because the more complex the portrait, the more intricate the work. If you've got an idea, get in contact with me and lemmie know what your thinking. I promise it will be well worth the wait, the quality is exellent without a doubt...

~Tim

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004

Originally posted by $Rich$:

pm me

1st order filled, I'm waiting on the wood to arrive for the others that have placed orders. This one turned out great in my opinion... I've understood $Rich$ plans on backing this with mirrored plexiglass (I'm anxious to see the end result)

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
up top...
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
The wood has arrived, if your waiting on an order please contact me by email and or PM irmsrus@gmail.com (also please specify if your wanting your piece framed or not. I recommend framing the logo, but its up to you)

I'll be getting copies of the patterns made yet tonight, then i'll be going to work with the saw hopefully directly there after..

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock