Started on: 01-18-2007 12:50 AM
Replies: 20
Last post by: Greg Z on 01-28-2007 04:00 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Looks like I screwed up the title a little bit, sorry.

This is Chop Top #13 & it's for sale.

I'm going to post it up on EBay in a few days but I thought I'd post it up here 1st.

This is an '85 GT 4 speed car. We chopped it a few years ago for a customer. When we chopped it he he brought along a late model GT rear clip & we chopped that instead of the notchie rear clip the car was born with.

After we did the chop the customer took it home & used me LT1 Master-Build Kit to install his LT1 engine. He also installed the rest of the body parts to make it look like a late model Fiero GT. Then he & a buddy painted it Black.

A little while after that the customer needed a bit of cash quickly & I bought the car from him. That was about 2.5 years ago. I had planned to invest a few more $$$ in it and make it my personal driver. However, I had bought it with the idea that it had a good paint job on it. After getting it and seeing the paint job I was quite a bit disappointed and the car sat inside at my shop until just a couple of months ago when I decided to get it sold.

The transmission that was in the car was makingh funky noises when I got it. So when we decided to get it going. The 1st thing we did was to take the V-8 out of the car, replace the transmission & put the engine back in the car exactly the way we put them together in our shop. So it's assembled with all the same parts & methods that we'd use on a customers' LT1 swap today. The engine is an LT1 that the customer supplied (& originally installed). It seems to run fine & drives out pretty good. I'm told that it has the GM "Hot Cam Kit" in it, but I can't verify that. It doesn't burn any oil & seems to run & drive out just fine.

The body/paint job is about a 7 on a 1 to 10 scale. The prep work that was done before putting on the paint was poor. There are some sanding scratches & some spyder web cracks that were just painted over.

It also has some unique features including a nice tail light panel with Vette lights in it, a unique hood scoop and some nice 1/4 panel scoops.

Here are some pictures of it as it is now.

Thanks

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-18-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogt3800

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Direct Link to This Post
archie what are you looking to get out of it? i seen this car at 05' dells run and i really would like to have it.
------------------
Artero Rebody , 18"s, 91' 350 SBC / Muncie 4spd *traded for 911*

86.5 Porsche 928S 310hp
85.5 Porsche 944 euro

[This message has been edited by fierogt3800 (edited 01-18-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt3800:

archie what are you looking to get out of it? i seen this car at 05' dells run and i really would like to have it.

I'm thinking around $11K. If it had a good paint job & was lowered a little & a couple of other little things, I wouldn't sell it for less than $19.

Archie
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
I like the matching side and hood scoops, very nice idea.
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
Bump for an Archie chop (and Archie V8 re-install)!

I sure wish I could fit in a chop-top...
ceverhart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ceverhartSend a Private Message to ceverhartDirect Link to This Post
hey archie,
I am 6ft 5 in tall been thinking about a chop top for some time now, do you have any at the shop I could sit in to see If I can fit?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ceverhart:

hey archie,
I am 6ft 5 in tall been thinking about a chop top for some time now, do you have any at the shop I could sit in to see If I can fit?

Sure, there are several choppers here now. 3 or 4 of them can be sat upon.

A
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
^ bump
86SE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86SESend a Private Message to 86SEDirect Link to This Post
Im a poor SOB, but if I had 11k she would be mine!
Free bump for the nice chopper...
domesticgal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for domesticgalSend a Private Message to domesticgalDirect Link to This Post
$11K isnt much for a car like that! I'll talk to my bank asap
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
That sure is a beeeeeaaaauty!!!!

Any interior pix
PFF
System Bot
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
Archie,
I am interested. I left you a voice mail at the shop.
Leroy
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Archie,
I am interested. I left you a voice mail at the shop.
Leroy

OK, I'll get that message when I go to the shop to do some work tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by Quad GT:

That sure is a beeeeeaaaauty!!!!

Any interior pix

The interior is all Black. Has Black leather seats, new Black carpet. He installed Black vinyl on the bottom half of the door panels (some Hot Glue is visible on the edges) & all the interior trim is black. You know how hard it is to take good pictures of a Black car, it's almost as bad getting good pics of an all black interior. He installed the White Faced Gauges, I think they are the one's that are supposed to change colors but not sure. I do know that the Temp. Gage is inaccurate & reading low. We think we'll get that fixed by resetting the needle.

The leather on the steering wheel is bad/loose.

Best thing of all, is he has Oreif's door tabs on there.

Here is a couple of pics, interior was a bit dusty at the time. I'll take more tomorrow.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-20-2007).]

Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

OK, I'll get that message when I go to the shop to do some work tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Archie

I just sent you a PM with my number if you want to call me sooner.
Leroy

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

I just sent you a PM with my number if you want to call me sooner.
Leroy

Can you resend your phone number, the one you sent has too many numbers in it.

Here are some better interior pics I took today. There is a little dust on the lens, it always shows up on pictures of Black cars.

I'm sure I mentioned that it has new black carpet, it also has a new black headliner.

Archie
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

I'm thinking around $11K. If it had a good paint job & was lowered a little & a couple of other little things, I wouldn't sell it for less than $19.

Archie

Where were these deals when I was building my car... $11K is a steal for a Chop top LT1, even with bad paint.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
SOLD!

Thank You for participating

Archie
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadDirect Link to This Post
BAH Anything else forsale thats comparable?

Prolly not.. worth a try I guess.

[This message has been edited by InTheLead (edited 01-25-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2007 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Where were these deals when I was building my car... $11K is a steal for a Chop top LT1, even with bad paint.

Isn't DL10 thinking about selling his GBCT?
Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZDirect Link to This Post

SOLD!

Thank You for participating

Archie

Thank God is sold! I just found this thread and have been looking for a V8 choptop but really have too many cars at the moment so I don't need another. Being sold will help keep me married.

------------------
91 NSX - Black/Ivory w/40K
00 NAVI -Black w/Ghostflames/Black
95 SL -Black/Tan
87 928 S4 -Red/Black
86 928 S -Red/Tan
83 944 EURO -Black/Checkerboard
85 FIERO GT -Indy Clone
84 INDY -41k, 57th built
91 ALLANTE -Red/Black
85 S10 -355 V8
76 & 77 T-BIRD-Silver/Black