87 fastback GT first 1000 obo takes it by BLK 86 FSTBAK GT
Started on: 12-16-2006 11:11 AM
Replies: 34
Last post by: fiero7412 on 01-03-2007 05:32 PM
BLK 86 FSTBAK GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2006 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BLK 86 FSTBAK GTSend a Private Message to BLK 86 FSTBAK GTDirect Link to This Post
I have a 1987 fastback gt. Last night on my way home, the motor developed a Knock. I need to sell this car. It has about 200000 miles on it. It will need a motor, or a bottom end rebuild. please post opinions and best offers...

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2006 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Too bad it's not closer! 5 speed or automatic?
Brian Lamberts

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2006 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post
No offer, here. I have an engine that would slip right in, but it's way to far, and I have enough projects as it is.

A couple of thoughts (low level suggestions?) (if you can afford to do it)

If you like the car (looks like you take good care of it) put another engine in it. A stock 2.8 or 3.1 would go in relatively easily.

If you really like the car, have Ed Parks put a 4.9 in it.

Or Loyde (FastFieros) put a 3.8 SC in it.

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2006 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
9 time out of 10 when a 2.8 develops a knock, it is a spun bearing on a connecting rod. These are REALLY easy to change out. You can just change out the rod bearings on a high mileage motor like that cheaply and squeeze another 70k+ miles out of it.

just something to consider, for either the current or future owner

[This message has been edited by FieroMonkey (edited 12-16-2006).]

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
bump for the semi-local guy
Coinage

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoinageClick Here to visit Coinage's HomePageSend a Private Message to CoinageDirect Link to This Post
anymore pics?

5 sp?

PW,PM,PL?

------------------

By:Custom2M4
in process-12" front brakes using '88 calipers and '88 vented brakes in rear
hybird rear suspension
3400 turbo in the works

blackice1620

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackice1620Send a Private Message to blackice1620Direct Link to This Post
bump for tranny, manual or auto???
BLK 86 FSTBAK GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BLK 86 FSTBAK GTSend a Private Message to BLK 86 FSTBAK GTDirect Link to This Post
its a auto tranny, more than likely first offer will take it " if reasonable"

------------------

BLK 86 FSTBAK GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BLK 86 FSTBAK GTSend a Private Message to BLK 86 FSTBAK GTDirect Link to This Post

BLK 86 FSTBAK GT

225 posts
Member since Dec 2005
It doesnt have a constant KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK, you only hear it when I get up to about 3000 rpms. I definately know its a connecting rod bearing.... I checked the oil and I see copper shavings in it....
BLK 86 FSTBAK GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BLK 86 FSTBAK GTSend a Private Message to BLK 86 FSTBAK GTDirect Link to This Post
BUMP Best offer TAKES IT!!!

------------------

DrRodey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrRodeyClick Here to visit DrRodey's HomePageSend a Private Message to DrRodeyDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent.
PFF
System Bot
jack_ink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2006 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jack_inkClick Here to visit jack_ink's HomePageSend a Private Message to jack_inkDirect Link to This Post
why couldnt you live closer?? I have the cash but not to Tow it that far....

bump anyways
BLK 86 FSTBAK GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2006 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BLK 86 FSTBAK GTSend a Private Message to BLK 86 FSTBAK GTDirect Link to This Post
Ok i have a situtation..... either i sell the car by friday Jan. 5th or i have to take it to the big scrap yard in the sky... YES the junkyard.... I DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS!!!!

PLEASE POST IF YOU CAN GIVE PAY AT LEAST 500 AND PICK IT UP BY FRIDAY JAN. 5TH 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in the process of moving and the only place i have to park the car is at my mom's house. Her landlord gave her until FRIDAY JAN. 5th to get the car moved or she will be evicted. I dont have anywhere else to put the car. Which is why i'm going to extreme pricing to get rid of this car...

The knock has got worse, But the car still starts and drives "limps" as of now.

------------------

85_Fiero_2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2006 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
Do you have any other pic? any shots of the interior?
1baddgarage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2006 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1baddgarageSend a Private Message to 1baddgarageDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BLK 86 FSTBAK GT:

Ok i have a situtation..... either i sell the car by friday Jan. 5th or i have to take it to the big scrap yard in the sky... YES the junkyard.... I DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS!!!!

PLEASE POST IF YOU CAN GIVE PAY AT LEAST 500 AND PICK IT UP BY FRIDAY JAN. 5TH 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in the process of moving and the only place i have to park the car is at my mom's house. Her landlord gave her until FRIDAY JAN. 5th to get the car moved or she will be evicted. I dont have anywhere else to put the car. Which is why i'm going to extreme pricing to get rid of this car...

The knock has got worse, But the car still starts and drives "limps" as of now.

I could probably take it for 500 considering I have a 2.8 out of a beretta just sitting around.....The only problem is I don't have anything to tow it with. And it probably couldn't limp all the way to Michigan.
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2006 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Why are they always so far away?? If this were within 500 miles, I'd be all over it.

Somebody grab this thing before it gets scrapped.
kcfiero85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2006 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kcfiero85Send a Private Message to kcfiero85Direct Link to This Post
Id also take it for 500 if I had a way to get to my house by Jan 5th.

IF anyone else is willing to tow it to the detroit area for a fee? than PM me.

Any pics of the interior, are there any rust issues?
amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2006 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerDirect Link to This Post
Can you show pictures of your car I may be willing to give you an offer and take the car off your hands before your due date as I only live on the Maryland line. Please post asap or send to my PM thanks
BLK 86 FSTBAK GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2006 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BLK 86 FSTBAK GTSend a Private Message to BLK 86 FSTBAK GTDirect Link to This Post
PICTURES WILL BE POSTED JAN 1st.... Guaranteed!!!! wont be (56k friendly) lol

------------------

isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2006 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
No way I can make a trip down there on that short notice (1007 miles).. and work to get the customs paperwork done in time, but it sure is a good catch for someone.. Wish it was me

[This message has been edited by isthiswhereiputausername? (edited 12-31-2006).]

RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2007 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I would love to have it but PA is too far away.
PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2007 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
PM sent! I'd love to turn this into a forum project car build... My wife is going to kill me.
1baddgarage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2007 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1baddgarageSend a Private Message to 1baddgarageDirect Link to This Post
I might take it, I just got permission from the boss. PM sent
BLK 86 FSTBAK GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2007 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BLK 86 FSTBAK GTSend a Private Message to BLK 86 FSTBAK GTDirect Link to This Post
I am only asking 500 or better because of the motor, Plus the car is not in the cleanest of shape.... I have no tags on the car so i can not take it to the carwash and make her look as good as she did when i drove her...

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

------------------

BLK 86 FSTBAK GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2007 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BLK 86 FSTBAK GTSend a Private Message to BLK 86 FSTBAK GTDirect Link to This Post

BLK 86 FSTBAK GT

225 posts
Member since Dec 2005
BLK 86 FSTBAK GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2007 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BLK 86 FSTBAK GTSend a Private Message to BLK 86 FSTBAK GTDirect Link to This Post

BLK 86 FSTBAK GT

225 posts
Member since Dec 2005
serious inquiries may call my cell at 1-570-660-3422 my name is Nick. If i dont answer please leave a message and i'll call u back.....

------------------

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2007 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Honestly, I've seen better at my scrap yard here in Binghamton, with fewer miles. My offer was serious, and after looking at the photos, more than fair- in my opinion. 4 more days to go, if you can drive it to your local scrap yard, I see $50 in your future...
kcfiero85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2007 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kcfiero85Send a Private Message to kcfiero85Direct Link to This Post
good luck, if you do take it to the yard you may want to remove a few parts such as the spoiler etc.
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2007 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
any interest in parting it out? I could use the seats with seat tracks...I don't really care about the rips because they will be reupholstered anyway. Let me know.
Dave

------------------
[
1999 Mercedes ML430 1987 Fiero GT 450hp
certified master technician

wiccantoy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2007 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post
pm was sent

------------------

COMING SOON: 4.9 complete rebuild with buds outback northstar pistons , delta cams E303 cam , full ported , polished , and flow tested heads and manifolds. rockcrawl's custom chip
86 and 87 fiero database www.geocities.com/cwandall/fiero.html

BLK 86 FSTBAK GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BLK 86 FSTBAK GTSend a Private Message to BLK 86 FSTBAK GTDirect Link to This Post
NEW DEADLINE...... I CONVINCED MOM'S LANDLORD TO LET ME KEEP IT WHERE IT SITS UNTIL MONDAY JAN. 8th.

I told him it was impossible to move the car before monday night so he was cool about it and told me that if it was still sitting in the driveway tuesday morning he will take further action.... So I guess this whole weekend is now open for anyone interested in this car.....

------------------

PFF
System Bot
PontiacJ8
From: Clay, New York w/ all the trees & the cars hidden in between!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ8Click Here to visit PontiacJ8's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by BLK 86 FSTBAK GT:

NEW DEADLINE...... I CONVINCED MOM'S LANDLORD TO LET ME KEEP IT WHERE IT SITS UNTIL MONDAY JAN. 8th.

I told him it was impossible to move the car before monday night so he was cool about it and told me that if it was still sitting in the driveway tuesday morning he will take further action.... So I guess this whole weekend is now open for anyone interested in this car.....

PM sent
BLK 86 FSTBAK GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BLK 86 FSTBAK GTSend a Private Message to BLK 86 FSTBAK GTDirect Link to This Post
SOLD = Fiero7412

[This message has been edited by BLK 86 FSTBAK GT (edited 01-04-2007).]

wiccantoy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post
now i see why you had someone else pick up the phone

------------------

COMING SOON: 4.9 complete rebuild with buds outback northstar pistons , delta cams E303 cam , full ported , polished , and flow tested heads and manifolds. rockcrawl's custom chip
86 and 87 fiero database www.geocities.com/cwandall/fiero.html

fiero7412

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2007 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero7412Send a Private Message to fiero7412Direct Link to This Post
i will call you theursday for directions.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock