Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: 1984 Indy - SD4 - Under 19,000 miles (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
FS: 1984 Indy - SD4 - Under 19,000 miles by chester
Started on: 06-27-2006 04:58 PM
Replies: 44
Last post by: Sourmug on 08-05-2006 06:36 PM
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
REDUCED!!!

$6500

As much as I hate to do this – here it goes.

I have just way too much on my plate and hate to see this car sit here without getting the attention it deserves. Plus I just dropped some coin on a towing vehicle for the rat.

* 1984 Indy Pace car – under 19,000 ORIGINAL miles.
* 3.3 Liter SD 4 built to Vanderley specifications. Prior owner claimed 300Hp. Dual sidedraft Webbers.
* The car is in nearly mint condition.

Things that are not original –
Motor
Seats – Has a new set of Mr. Mikes leather Indy seats
Instrument cluster – Was updated with 150MPH speedo and 7K redline tach
Red leather shifter boot and red center console saddle to tie the seats together (Mr. Mikes)
Rims – Has gold lace rims.

The rest of the car is original.

I would rate the overall condition of the car a 9.5 out of 10

The motor will need a gear reduction starter custom machined to fit as the compression of this engine tends to break the snout off of the aluminum factory starter.

Car does not currently run because of the above mentioned issue.

I have all the original paper work for this car and motor.
Car cost alone was $14,772.48
Engine cost was well over $10,000

Car has been garage kept most of its life.
I have all the receipts and build sheets for the motor.
I will pass along to the new owner 2 folders worth of receipts and build sheets.

This car was to be an original Indy clone. I hate to do this but I just don’t have the time to play with this toy and hate to see it sit.

Was asking $8500. $6500 No trades please.

I can deliver this car within a 400 mile radius for a fee with payment for the car in full.

Contact me at reneenrob@bellsouth.net with any questions.

Below are some pictures of the Indy.

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 08-01-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Wow am sorry to see your going to sell this nice one ..You have done some great work on this masterpeace to transform to how it look now ..I wish you good luck selling it .. a Bump for such a fine job you did to this fiero ..Rob
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
What state are you in?
Possible interest
Please elaborate on starter issue. Can it be started now to test?
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

What state are you in?
Possible interest
Please elaborate on starter issue. Can it be started now to test?

PM sent.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001
BTW price for the car is "AS IS". If I was to get it running and drivable, I would be asking 2-3 grand more.

Were located in Frankfort, KY for those interested.

As far as the starter issue goes - there is no one that makes a high tourqe starter for the SD4. The SD4 blocks that Kansas racing sells are drilled for a standard V8 starter. This block is not, so there are 2 options - take the motor out, reweld the starter holes and have them redrilled for a V8 high torque starter or have someone machine a starter block that will fit this engine block. I have a prototype that someone tried to make. It was made by a machine shop and I do not know how well it will fit as it looks like something done in a backyard with a hack saw. I was going to make another using this one as a guide but like I said above - don't have the time to screw with it.

Rob D.
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2006 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Common - you know you want it!

- - - - <<<and a BUMP>>>
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2006 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Still interested just have not had time to discuss it yet.
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2006 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Still interested just have not had time to discuss it yet.

No problem. You're first..

Rob D.
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2006 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
--BUMP--
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2006 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering, with that high compression, will this thing run on Premium pump gas?
Or does it only drink high octane VP racing fuel?

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003/2004 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 07-04-2006).]

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2006 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Just wondering, with that high compression, will this thing run on Premium pump gas?
Or does it only drink high octane VP racing fuel?

I was told race gas only, but planned to bump the compression down a bit to get it to drink pump gas.

Rob D.
PFF
System Bot
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post
Bump
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Rob D.

What's the mechanical condition of the engine (mileage etc.)? I get the impression that because of the starter problem, you've not been able to drive this car lately or even had the engine running. Did you get a chance to drive this car at the time you bought it, and what were your impressions of the engine?

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 07-05-2006).]

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
I have not had the car runnig since I bought it. I have had the valve cover off an everything looks like new. The motor has moroso gold needle bearing rockers with titanium valves. Like I said, I have all the build sheets and the engine build alone was over $10,000. The prior owner said that he had this engine in a autocross car that he ran for one season, and never really flogged because of the $$$ he had invested in it. I have no reason to doubt him.

Rob D.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
That's unfortunate that you've never even heard the engine running. It doesn't take many miles to blow an engine. For all you know it could have a spun bearing or blow oil out the exhaust - you honestly would not know.

And there's no record at all of how many miles were put on that engine? I'd expect he had the mileage written down somewhere before he pulled the original engine. If a shop installed the engine for the previous owner, there should be a date and mileage on that invoice. Perhaps you just haven't seen it.

I'd really be interested in that information if you could find it.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

That's unfortunate that you've never even heard the engine running. It doesn't take many miles to blow an engine. For all you know it could have a spun bearing or blow oil out the exhaust - you honestly would not know.

And there's no record at all of how many miles were put on that engine? I'd expect he had the mileage written down somewhere before he pulled the original engine. If a shop installed the engine for the previous owner, there should be a date and mileage on that invoice. Perhaps you just haven't seen it.

I'd really be interested in that information if you could find it.

I highly doubt that he would go through the trouble to transplant an engine that was "blown" . The individual I bought the car from was reputable and I no reason to doubt what he told me. The motor has not been run since it was in the Indy. It used to be in another fiero autocross car. Like I said it was ran for one autocross season, he then decided to pull it and put it in the indy and build an original Indy clone. The motor is spotless and the carbs haven't had any fuel in them since it was put in the Indy (they were rebuit during the transplant). The motor was shop built but the installs have been done by the previous owner. Regardless, even if the motor needed a rebuild (which is DOES NOT) this is a hell of a deal. You couln't touch the SD4 parts alone for the price I'm asking for the whole car. I was at one point going to invest in the cosworth head - Now that would have been a screamer! I located one and just couldn't justify the cost for a project that I just don't have time for.

But its like this - If it dosen't sell - then it will sit in the garage till I have the time. Who knows - might be worth my time to get it running after all.

BTW the individual I bought the vehical from was not a back yard mechanic with no funds.

Rob D.

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 07-05-2006).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for clarifying with more details. It misread something and it SOUNDED like the engine was installed in the Indy, and the INDY was autocrossed for one season and the car was sold to you afterwards. I thought that seemed odd.

What exhaust system is on the car? Totally custom I expect?
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Thank you for clarifying with more details. It misread something and it SOUNDED like the engine was installed in the Indy, and the INDY was autocrossed for one season and the car was sold to you afterwards. I thought that seemed odd.

What exhaust system is on the car? Totally custom I expect?

Hooker header with custom tubing to mufler - has the dual stock looking tips out the back

gt7

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gt7Send a Private Message to gt7Direct Link to This Post
bump for that setup, that sounds like a one of a kind.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2006 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Trying to figure out how to afford this. Or more to the point justify affording this. If you mothball it maybe I will be able to do something in a couple more months easier than now.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2006 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
I find it odd that the previous owner would install that engine with an automatic. I doubt a high-strung engine like that idles at 900rpm, probably more like 1500. Did he install a high-stall convertor to avoid it slamming into gear from neutral? If he did whats the stall rate, and is it also a lock-up convertor to get rid of that "slipping clutch" feel when cruising?
PFF
System Bot
bry2an

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2006 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bry2anSend a Private Message to bry2anDirect Link to This Post
chester are you the guy that owns dirty rat?
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2006 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bry2an:

chester are you the guy that owns dirty rat?

Yup

------------------

The Dirty Rat
Chopped, dropped and just plain NASTY! Choptop Targa #1
383 Stroker MPFI with N2O
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
19" Motegi Roja's wrapped in BFGoodrich Gforce T/A KDW-2 rubber
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated Jan 21 '04 www.dirtyratracing.org

buger_57

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2006 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buger_57Send a Private Message to buger_57Direct Link to This Post
ugghhhhh i want one....
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2006 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

I find it odd that the previous owner would install that engine with an automatic. I doubt a high-strung engine like that idles at 900rpm, probably more like 1500. Did he install a high-stall convertor to avoid it slamming into gear from neutral? If he did whats the stall rate, and is it also a lock-up convertor to get rid of that "slipping clutch" feel when cruising?

I have no idea about the torque converter.
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2006 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Trying to figure out how to afford this. Or more to the point justify affording this. If you mothball it maybe I will be able to do something in a couple more months easier than now.

If car don't sell here it will be advertised via other venues. I figured I'd give the true Fiero nuts a crack at it.

Rob D.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2006 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Trying to figure out how to afford this. Or more to the point justify affording this.

Don't have that problem. Just having trouble finding a transport that will ship a non-running vehicle. Apparently, it becomes a real pain to load and unload on trucks and trains. There's only so many transporters that do cross-border shipping of cars, so I only have a few more to check with.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2006 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Transporter's notes from my quotation:

HANSEN'S NOTES:

Rate is in Canadian Funds and is a door to door quote. This price applies on an open car carrier not enclosed and does not include any Customs Fees Duty or Tax that might be applicable on your vehicle. Minimum road clearance required is 4 inches. Vehicle must be in FULL running/operating road worthy and safe condition. We do NOT handle “Salvage” or “Parts” vehicle/s. For cross-border paperwork please visit our website www.lhf.com
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2006 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Transporter's notes from my quotation:

HANSEN'S NOTES:

Rate is in Canadian Funds and is a door to door quote. This price applies on an open car carrier not enclosed and does not include any Customs Fees Duty or Tax that might be applicable on your vehicle. Minimum road clearance required is 4 inches. Vehicle must be in FULL running/operating road worthy and safe condition. We do NOT handle “Salvage” or “Parts” vehicle/s. For cross-border paperwork please visit our website www.lhf.com

I would have loved to deliver it to you but your just a little too far from me. I guess you're out??

Anyone else??

Rob D.

davikan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2006 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davikanClick Here to visit davikan's HomePageSend a Private Message to davikanDirect Link to This Post
I'm considering buying a Canadian Fiero and having it transported down to Nevada, where I am. Can anyone recommend a couple options for companies that provide this service?

THANKS

------------------

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2006 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davikan:

I'm considering buying a Canadian Fiero and having it transported down to Nevada, where I am. Can anyone recommend a couple options for companies that provide this service?

THANKS

Should be something here: http://www.movecars.com/

PFF
System Bot
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
**BUMP**

Any reasonable offers?
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
i want it.....
how bout 200?

At least a bump to the top, sweet car btw
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Bump back to where this needs to be.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm, maybe I should part it out?

I'm sure I can get most of the $$$ for the engine...

Hmmmm....what to do...

Bump again for serious offers...

Rob D.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:

Hmmm, maybe I should part it out?

I'm sure I can get most of the $$$ for the engine...

Hmmmm....what to do...

Bump again for serious offers...

Rob D.

When I emailed you, you stated you didn't have the time or inclination to install a hi-torque Tilton starter.
When would you have the time or inclination to part out the car?

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 07-15-2006).]

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

When I emailed you, you stated you didn't have the time or inclination to install a hi-torque Tilton starter.
When would you have the time or inclination to part out the car?

That was a friggen joke...
Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post
Parting her out is NOT an option! Chester was just trying to make light of this. We really thought long and hard about this, but, between the Rat and my blue GT and now me facing ANOTHER surgery within the month, we just need the $$ more than we need the car. We want the Indy to be enjoyed, not just sit here and wait. It was really a hard decision, but we want to see her enjoyed, not just sit; and sit; and sit... So PLEASE, if someone wants a rare, awesome car to enjoy and show off, check it out! If you need more pics, let us know. Thanks for looking!!

Elvira

------------------
Elvira
www.dirtyratracing.org
Blue 87GT 5sp (True-Blue)
Black 86GT 5sp (The Dirty Rat)
84 Indy-19k&300HP SD4!
Maroon 88 T-top Formula (1988-2003 RIP)

[This message has been edited by Elvira (edited 07-15-2006).]

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
I hope your surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery. If I had the money I would be seriously considering this car, it looks fabulous and the mechanical issues should be fairly easy to sort out. I hope you sell it soon.

Nolan
Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2006 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post
Well, here goes... Chester and I have talked, and have come to the decision that we need to sell our Indy ASAP to get the $$ for my surgery. So, before we try selling it on EBay for the $8500 that we started her for on here, we figured we would give someone a chance for a steal of a deal on an AWESOME car. We are dropping the price to $6500 for forum members. We will give it a week on here for that price before she goes to EBay for at least the full asking price as a reserve. We would much rather see her go to someone here in our Fiero "family", then to some stranger on EBay. So, now is your chance to get a nearly new Indy with a 300HP SD-4 for $6500! We also have the 84 Factory Service manual, ALL documentation on the motor (including build sheets), as well as sales docs/etc. on the car, and an extra set of brand new velocity stacks for the Weber carbs, and the Hayne's manual for the Weber carbs, etc. So, let us know if anyone is interested. Thanks...

------------------
Elvira
Blue 87GT 5sp (True-Blue)
Black 86GT 5sp (The Dirty Rat)
84 Indy-19k&300HP SD4!
Maroon 88 T-top Formula (1988-2003 RIP)

[This message has been edited by Elvira (edited 08-01-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C