Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Fiero T-top owner’s have been waiting for this moment for a very long time! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero T-top owner’s have been waiting for this moment for a very long time! by fieroparts.com
Started on: 05-08-2006 08:04 PM
Replies: 189
Last post by: fieroparts.com on 11-29-2006 03:11 PM
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post
Fiero T-top owner’s have been waiting for this moment for a very long time, now that it’s here don’t let it pass you by!

Fiero Parts and Appraisals has (after many attempts) found a manufacture that is going to reproduce the Fiero “CJB” T-top roof weather strip seals for us. In the past when we had the Borla exhaust system made for us and had a very hard time getting those that committed to a system to pay for it once it showed up. This is the reason for the payment terms below. This is how we are going to do this for the seals, we are only going to do a pre-paid order, we need 50 (or more) sets to be pre-sold before we will give the go ahead to have the molds made and place the order. All subsequent orders will also be 50 or more. These seal are being made of top quality materials and under a strict quality control program and every part will be inspected by me before it gets shipped, which is nothing new for me. To make a single mold for one seal would be upwards of $50,000 each. This company will making many molds and hand assembling the seal like they have been doing for the past 56 years. They do low production runs for BMW, Bentley, Rolls Royce just name a few and have done one offs for GM, Ford, VW and private collectors all over the world. They are being sold in sets only. No discounts for more then one set ordered. These will be a very small runs and we may not be ordering any extras sets to keep in stock.. We are being told that from the day the contract is signed and a sample set is sent to us and approved, it could take up to 2 ˝ to 3 months before we have them ready to ship.
This will not be a open-ended order, if after a appropriate amount time determined by me has gone by without the minium number of seals sold the order will not be placed and no seals will be produced

These are the only terms under which we will be accepting the pre-order payments.

1. Money order or bank check only with no expiration date on the face of the check.
2. Return addressed envelope. (no postage is needed).
3. A valid address for shipping your seals.
4. If you are ordering other t-top parts, a list of what you are ordering is needed.
5. All orders are final once paid, unless we do not meet the 50 orders.
6. Orders will be filled in the order that the payment is received NO EXCEPTIONS.
7. Checks will be made out to Fiero Parts and Appraisals and sent to P.O. Box 1186
Saco, Maine 04072

The price is $480.00 per set. You will be getting, one left “CJB” roof seal and one right “CJB” roof seal, shipping will be $10.00 to the lower 48 only. More outside of that. If you wish to order P-seals and or glass seals to convert to the “CJB” style roof seals. please email me at parts@fieroparts.com for pricing and shipping of the additional parts.
Have a question other than for the additional parts, you can email me at tim@fieroparts.com
If you do not like the price or have a negative commit please keep it to yourself, we are NOT making much on these parts. This is the price you pay to have low volume parts custom made.
In the event we do not meet the 50 orders all funds will be returned via your self addressed enclosed envelope you will be sending with your payment.

Thank You
Timothy Perrigo Owner
Fiero Parts and Appraisals
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Well done Tim.
I will contact you soon as I would like a set but would like the seals that go on the t-tops themselves as well. My seals are still like new but a spare set in the shed is definately a plus.
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a good deal to me..

I have not been buying Ttop cars for the most parts because of seals, and rattling rods inside them.

Good luck,

Loyde
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
Very , Very exciting news. I hope this works out! -Jason
FieroTtop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTtopSend a Private Message to FieroTtopDirect Link to This Post
Hey great news indeed, just a question though I have a 86 with Ttops to my knowlegde most likely not a CJB set up. Can these seals still work for me?
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroTtop:

Hey great news indeed, just a question though I have a 86 with Ttops to my knowlegde most likely not a CJB set up. Can these seals still work for me?

Yes they will if you buy the seals that go on the t-top sections as well.
Toaster_Man

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster_ManSend a Private Message to Toaster_ManDirect Link to This Post
Guess I better start looking for a job, huh? Beats the heck out of searching for useable seals at least.
85_Fiero_2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
Nice....I just need to save up some cash

------------------
88 Coupe with CJB T-Tops
85 2m4 Sport Coupe
Western New York Fiero
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/wnyfiero/

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Good Work Tim,

can you keep us posted as to how close you are to the minimum 50 orders?

fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Good Work Tim,

can you keep us posted as to how close you are to the minimum 50 orders?

As of now 0 ZERO

So how many sets do you want?

[This message has been edited by fieroparts.com (edited 05-09-2006).]

FieroReinke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeDirect Link to This Post
This is great to hear. I will be putting in my preorder with in a couple of weeks. Once I get to Houston and get settled in my new job.

Thanks for all the work you did on this Tim.

Chris
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroparts.com:

As of now 0 ZERO

Well Tim,

I have to say, I'm glad you are doing this. It is good for the Fiero community to have access to new T-top seals, and the price is reasonable compared to what NOS seals are going for.

My T-top is down on my list of projects so I'm not ready to purchase a set of new seals at this time. Any idea what the ordering window is before the deal is off?
ibcruzn

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-10-2006 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ibcruznSend a Private Message to ibcruznDirect Link to This Post
I will call you later today to set something up.
+ for you and thank you very much for doing this, and all the hard work that went into it.
How soon before we have the 50 to place the order? I just re-read your post 21/2 to 3 months
after you get the order in, come on guys get your orders in we need this to happen. I could not find the other thread with like 100 sets were spoken for and it never happened, what happened to them? did you all sell your cars! Good luck man!
fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2006 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by fieroparts.com (edited 05-10-2006).]

fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2006 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

fieroparts.com

4831 posts
Member since Jun 2000

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ibcruzn:

I could not find the other thread with like 100 sets were spoken for and it never happened, what happened to them?

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/052778.html
[/QUOTE]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2006 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Tim,
Do you have an exploded view of all parts needed to completely renew a T Top assembly ? I have ordered your leak repair guide but as you know it is still enroute. Do you have recomendations on inspection of our existing components ? Will you offer a package price on a complete renew kit ?
Your quality control steps seem sound and I trust you backing up your product. If somehow a bad seal did get out, it would not be able to be replaced untill another run was done ?
fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2006 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Tim,
Do you have an exploded view of all parts needed to completely renew a T Top assembly ? I have ordered your leak repair guide but as you know it is still enroute. Do you have recomendations on inspection of our existing components ? Will you offer a package price on a complete renew kit ?
Your quality control steps seem sound and I trust you backing up your product. If somehow a bad seal did get out, it would not be able to be replaced untill another run was done ?

http://www.fierottop.com/waterleak/leak1.html

If it was to happen no one would have to wait to for a replacement or repair. If you damage the seal(s) you are on your own, we are going to cover the seams, after all if they are going to fail that would be the only place they would. We will work with any one on a package deal for P-seals or the CJB glass weather strips with the purchase of a set of seals. It will take far more then 50 sets to come out even on this. My recommendation is if you see something you need get it! P-seals are the number one seller, why? they see the most abuse. If you leave you car in the sun, rain or snow 3-4 years is all you might get out of them and once they are gone, we can’t have any more made. I hope this has answered your questions.

Tim

[This message has been edited by fieroparts.com (edited 05-12-2006).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2006 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Nevermind. Was confused on the "seams" thing until I reread the 1st post. I thought they were one piece. Sorry.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 05-10-2006).]

fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2006 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Nevermind. Was confused on the "seams" thing until I reread the 1st post. I thought they were one piece. Sorry.

When you get the seals they will be one piece.

fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post
At this rate these will never get made.

[This message has been edited by fieroparts.com (edited 05-11-2006).]

Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
I need to check what type are on my 87 coupe - and if what you have will work without spending too much more money. I am interested to say the least.

Thanks!
PFF
System Bot
Indiana_resto_guy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Saxman:

I need to check what type are on my 87 coupe - and if what you have will work without spending too much more money. I am interested to say the least.

Thanks!

These seals will work with all T-Top cars I think. There has been some discussion about the area around the widow glass but I can find no difference. I have only tow non CJB cars to compare with the CJB seals of which I have several cars with the option installed

Tim,
Mutiple discounts available? (I'm thinking maybe four sets)
You know I have a few. (check the other thread, check with John or check you sales records)
Also have you been in contact with John? I'm sure that all T-Top owners are NOT on this Forum! Maybe talk him into owner contact mailings?

As of now 0 ZERO

(The following post excepted, that makes ONE!)

If this is true, you other guys need to step back up with some funds to get this done.
Tim has done lots of work to investigate this problem in order to get some results!
I am aware also that there may be some wait time involved and $450.00 to put up without a part is a bit much.
What we need to remember is that it will be a short run with a miminum amount for production. 50 sets @ $450.00 equals $22,500.00 and we can't expect any vendor to shell out that much for a part that may be around for years!
Get off you butts and step up, I will as soon as I get an answer from Tim!

[This message has been edited by Indiana_resto_guy (edited 05-12-2006).]

Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
I am mailing you a money order on Friday 5/12.
Thanks for doing the leg work on this!

BTW do you know of anyone that makes a rollbar setup for a T-Top?
Thanks,
Leroy
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 05:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

At this rate these will never get made.

Originally posted by Indiana_resto_guy:

These seals are news as of 5/8/06. It is not surprising to me that 50 T Top owners did not have an extra $500.00 laying around. As sure as it takes time to tool up for the production of these seals I can see some lag time to direct, or redirect, our monies into this endeavor. Four days is not time enough for me. I will be getting a set.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 05-12-2006).]

fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

These seals are news as of 5/8/06. It is not surprising to me that 50 T Top owners did not have an extra $500.00 laying around.

I know that, I'm not getting the FIRM commitments to buy, ie: money is on the way.

Originally posted by cliffw:As sure as it takes time to tool up for the production of these seals I can see some lag time to direct, or redirect, our monies into this endeavor. Four days is not time enough for me. I will be getting a set.

The monies you will be sending in are NOT being used to fund this! I have my own money. I'm really not going to lay out $35 to $40 K on this if I do not have the orders to justify it. The total cost (molds and seals) for this MUST be paid in full before the manufacture with even put me on the mold production schedule. I could just pay for it all now and sit on the many sets of seals but, do you know what that would do to the price of a set of seals? So that is one set for you?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
No Tim, I did not mean to insinuate up front monies were funding this endeavor. I was just making an analogy that it takes time to get the funds appropriated just as it takes time to tool up.
I will be getting a set but my monies are not on the way. Yet.
ibcruzn

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-12-2006 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ibcruznSend a Private Message to ibcruznDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for two sets, checks on the way.
If we don't get this going it will never happen, then what will we do for seals?
Pony up! as soon as you can guys and gals.
fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indiana_resto_guy:

These seals will work with all T-Top cars I think. There has been some discussion about the area around the widow glass but I can find no difference. I have only tow non CJB cars to compare with the CJB seals of which I have several cars with the option installed

Tim,
Mutiple discounts available? (I'm thinking maybe four sets)
You know I have a few. (check the other thread, check with John or check you sales records)
Also have you been in contact with John? I'm sure that all T-Top owners are NOT on this Forum! Maybe talk him into owner contact mailings?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fieroparts.com:

As of now 0 ZERO

(The following post excepted, that makes ONE!)

If this is true, you other guys need to step back up with some funds to get this done.
Tim has done lots of work to investigate this problem in order to get some results!
I am aware also that there may be some wait time involved and $450.00 to put up without a part is a bit much.
What we need to remember is that it will be a short run with a miminum amount for production. 50 sets @ $450.00 equals $22,500.00 and we can't expect any vendor to shell out that much for a part that may be around for years!

[/QUOTE]

email was sent to you

fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

fieroparts.com

4831 posts
Member since Jun 2000

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

I am mailing you a money order on Friday 5/12.
Thanks for doing the leg work on this!

BTW do you know of anyone that makes a rollbar setup for a T-Top?
Thanks,
Leroy

Thanks, I do not anyone that makes a roolbar set up for the cars with tops, could a reg. one be modified?

fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

fieroparts.com

4831 posts
Member since Jun 2000

No Tim, I did not mean to insinuate up front monies were funding this endeavor. I was just making an analogy that it takes time to get the funds appropriated just as it takes time to tool up.
I will be getting a set but my monies are not on the way. Yet.

No problem.

fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

fieroparts.com

4831 posts
Member since Jun 2000

Originally posted by ibcruzn:

Put me down for two sets, checks on the way.
If we don't get this going it will never happen, then what will we do for seals?
Pony up! as soon as you can guys and gals.

Thanks.

PFF
System Bot
fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

fieroparts.com

4831 posts
Member since Jun 2000
I have solid (money on the way) commitments for three sets.

Thanks guys
TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Tim, sent you an email.

I'm defintely down for atleast one set. Just need to figure out how to pay from Australia.

Tim
fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TM_Fiero:

Tim, sent you an email.

I'm defintely down for atleast one set. Just need to figure out how to pay from Australia.

Tim

reply sent
fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

fieroparts.com

4831 posts
Member since Jun 2000
I have solid (money on the way) commitments for four sets.

Thanks guys
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

These are the only terms under which we will be accepting the pre-order payments.

1. Money order or bank check only with no expiration date on the face of the check.
2. Return addressed envelope. (no postage is needed).
3. A valid address for shipping your seals.
4. If you are ordering other t-top parts, a list of what you are ordering is needed.
5. All orders are final once paid, unless we do not meet the 50 orders.
6. Orders will be filled in the order that the payment is received NO EXCEPTIONS.
7. Checks will be made out to Fiero Parts and Appraisals and sent to P.O. Box 1186
Saco, Maine 04072

Guarantee me two weeks notice before you cash my check and it will be on the way.
summerjim

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for summerjimClick Here to visit summerjim's HomePageSend a Private Message to summerjimDirect Link to This Post
Tim, I'll take a set. I don't need them now, but am sure I will need them someday on my Mera.
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
Hi Tim,
Thanks for putting the effort in to this project. Hopefully the Fiero Community realizes the effort that it takes to get something like this done and starts sending you money.

Out of curiosity, how much additional cost is there for the pair of glass seals ? And do you have enough pairs to cover the projected production of 50? I am thinking that with brand new seals, there will be a good majority of us that will prefer new glass seals; especially if the customer has a non-cjb car.

I see that there is some confusion about the differences between a CJB and Non-CJB roof and glass seal. Might I suggest that you post some pictures showing the differences. From personal experience, I know that a Non-CJB glass seal does not seal very well on a CJB roof seal. Actually there is qite a bit of difference in the glass seal. Might help you sell a few sets quicker.

------------------
Fred Bartemeyer
Chairman Heartland Fieros
http://www.heartlandfieros.com
86 GT 4spd Black 26k miles
87 GT 5spd. Blue 37k miles
88 Silver T-Top Formula 281,000 miles
85 Yellow PPG GTP Pace Car
87 GT 5 spd Annette's Sunshine Driver
88 GT 5 spd Annette's Daily Driver

fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

Guarantee me two weeks notice before you cash my check and it will be on the way.

email sent

fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

fieroparts.com

4831 posts
Member since Jun 2000

Originally posted by summerjim:

Tim, I'll take a set. I don't need them now, but am sure I will need them someday on my Mera.

Thanks,

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock