Started on: 03-30-2006 03:08 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: wikid_one on 05-05-2006 09:25 PM
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2006 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Thanks to all the hardware I've collected I'm about ready to go into production for Plug-and-Play harnesses to allow connection of a Firebird dash into a Fiero.

Right now I'm not actually taking orders, but I am trying to gauge interest. Also once you convert you won't have use for your Fiero parts and you can sell them back to me for a credit.

If you are really interested I would suggest sending me a PM and filling out the Pre-Order form. You are not obligated to buy, but it helps me to gauge interest.

The introductory price is going to be $450 which includes shipping to lower 48 US. Alaska, Hawaii. and Worldwide shipping available at additional cost. (PRICING SUBJECT TO CHANGE - package discounts available)

Includes

* Plug and play harness
* Firebird gauge cluster (120 mph)
* Firebird headlight switch
* Firebird trunk popper switch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pre-order Form

Name:________________________________________

Email:________________________________________

Year Fiero: ___________________________________

Engine Type: ( 2.8 V6, Northstar, LT1, etc) ___________________

# Cylinders: (4, 6, 8,etc) ____________________________

Options:

Firebird headlight switch (Y/N) No-cost option :_________________

Firebird Trunk popper (Y/N) no cost option:____________________

Upgraded Speedometer (150 mph) add $35 (Y/N): _____________

Digital Odometer Speedometer (Y/N): add $50 ________________

Firebird defroster (Y/N) add $50 _________________

Firebird Fog Light Switch (Y/N) add $35 ____________

Firebird Radio Connector (Y/N) add $50 __________

Any credit for parts or parts to sell? (Y/N) ___________

If Yes then what parts? ______________________________________

------------------

88 GT T-Top, 88 Fastback Chop-top (Archie #14), 1984 Indy, and 88 Chop Top T-top
Firebird Interior Installation Website

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 03-31-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2006 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Install A Firebird Dash In 30 Minutes!

Houston - Well for all of you that have patiently waited for the plug and play harness I have good news. The qualification (second unit) has tested out positive. The third unit will be for sale.

I installed, (electrically) a firebird dash in my chop t-top in less than 30 minutes. The car started, all the gauges work, including the headlight and dimmer switch. First thing I noticed is that since all Fieros have the trunk popper switch, (88s at least) that the interface to it will be included with all harnesses.

Stay tuned for updates. I will be contacting those that placed pre-orders first. Anyone else interrested email me at j_scott_1@yahoo.com Price is still $450.00 everything included, (except the dash). See earlier in the thread for details.

clintyrd skynyrd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2006 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for clintyrd skynyrdSend a Private Message to clintyrd skynyrdDirect Link to This Post
Now this looks great!! I'd love to get one, but i'm a little low on $$$ and the dash isn't my highest priority on my car yet. I'm sure a lot of people would be very interested in this. Great Work!!!
Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2006 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post
Free bump for Jonathan - this is a great deal (take it from someone who did it the hard way!!!).

BTW: your box will be in the mail tomorrow morning. I will PM you about something else (if it works out)...

------------------

Project Fiero GT 2M8 Update thread

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 03-30-2006).]

1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2006 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
Now how did I miss this thread??

Saving my money as I type this.

What is the final cost at this time?

John

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986GTV8:
What is the final cost at this time?

John

Thanks Don...

Final cost is $450 and it includes everything you need to electrically connect a firebird dash in your Fiero in about 5 minutes, including the Firebird cluster, pre-calibrated to your application, (V6, V8, etc).

I did it the hard way in my #2 car. If you missed it at Daytona last week or in the "Stay Alive" Movie, I have had a Firebird dash in my car since 2003. I did it the hard way by soldering on the backs of the pins and figuring out what all the pins do by trial and error. I'm giving something back to the community by making it easier for everyone else.

------------------

88 GT T-Top, 88 Fastback Chop-top (Archie #14), 1984 Indy, and 88 Chop Top T-top
Firebird Interior Installation Website

ibcruzn

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-31-2006 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ibcruznSend a Private Message to ibcruznDirect Link to This Post
So if i want Digital Odometer Speedometer, Firebird defroster, Firebird Fog Light Switch,
Firebird Radio Connector I have to ADD 185.00 to the 450.00 for your set up?
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
i might have to start saving for this one. i love the 4th gen dash swap.
so how much of the dash set up do i supply?
what about the HVAC controls?

thanks...

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ibcruzn:

So if i want Digital Odometer Speedometer, Firebird defroster, Firebird Fog Light Switch,
Firebird Radio Connector I have to ADD 185.00 to the 450.00 for your set up?

Yes, that is the ala carte' price. I am still working out the pricing but I could do package discounts.

I have to buy these parts retail and they can get expensive. The '97 cluster is the only one with digital odometer that works with the Fiero. I have to go out to ebay and bid up to $100 to win one and all that drives up my cost. The terminals for the connectors can cost up to $1 a piece so it all adds up. I'm not even breaking even on these if I factor in my time. I'm really just trying to help people to do what I did.

For the hvac you can use your Fiero HVAC controls with a bezel to fit in the firebird slot. That's what most kit cars do. I'm still working on a plug in solution for the entire panel, but if you want the firebird panel to build your own, I'll sell you the stock panel.

You have to supply your own physical dash, and prices vary widely depending on your junk yard and the year dash. I paid $400 for mine plus shipping. I've heard of people getting them at junk yards for well under $100.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2006 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Bump for the night crowd...

Discounts are available for package deals...

If you send in a pre-order this month, (april) I'll offer free upgrades

Modat5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2006 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Modat5Send a Private Message to Modat5Direct Link to This Post
Just a thumbs up for jscott1's Firebird dash harness. I've already got mine, I was the "test subject" per se. Although I have not installed my harness yet, as I am waiting until I can get my garage cleaned up enough to start work on this swap. Everything that I ordered was sent and it all looks good. I can't wait to get started!

Matt
88gt
88formula(4.9 swap and Firebird dash swap project)
88coupe(parts) [currently taking up all my work space]
Dayton, OH.

PFF
System Bot
wikid_one

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
Sending you a PM with info

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock